• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS makes a good call for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solus

LOL WalkingWolf, I guess great minds think alike? We quoted the same scripture, but maybe not for the exact same reason. Still, though, perhaps the scripture is pretty applicable to the situation, no?

darn stealth...twice in one week...you got to quit agreeing with other readers...might make some believe you are coming around...:D (nope not me, never!!)

ipse

twoskinsonemanns

Homosexuality is the worst form of bigotry and hatred. They hate God and everything he stands for. They try to cram down our throat their immoral deviate behavior and say they are normal. It is not gay and straight it is gay and normal. Gay is not normal and they are not born that way. If they are then child molesters and rapists are born that way also. It is willful chosen behavior. Stop trying to force your filthy ways on normal people.

wow. My post on Gavin McInnes's #takeusdown movement get's axed but this vile crap remains?

--edited by moderator--

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkingWolf

wow. My post on Gavin McInnes's #takeusdown movement get's axed but this vile crap remains?

--edited by moderator--

I didn't report him, and Grape probably has not got around to seeing it. Actually I hope Grape leaves it up as a scarlet letter to the hatred from this member.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_pro2a

Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil. That put darkness for light, and light for darkness , that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Isaiah 5:20

If I was from Utah, I'd whine, cry and moan about how your post has nothing to do with O.C.

BWhaaaaaaa haaaaa haaa.

twoskinsonemanns

He is probably still in church...:lol:

ah... heh heh heh.
paul_newman.jpg

HPmatt

While SCOTUS seems to be for rights (for example, the decision in this thread), a bit of historical research will reveal that SCOTUS has done far more to expand n power at the expense of rights and freedom. They throw us a bone every once in a while, but the historical average is a steep slide toward tyranny.

SCOTUS is unambiguously grabbing power is does not have for this ruling. The States did not grant the Feds the jurisdiction to define Marriage. That power is not in the Constitution and conflicts w 10a. - as such it is reserved for the States to decide. To attempt to take the Civil War 14th Amendment on slavery and extend it to Gay Marriage is not disingenuous. If Gays want marriage, pass a Constitutional Amendment, not a backdoor attempt.

The hubris of these Ivy-League grandees to think that 5 judges in black robes can 'rule over' 320 million people - this is not the Representative Government We the People created - ours was to be free from Government or Kings telling us how to live our lives, except for certain enumerated items - and Marriage is not one of them - that power is reserved for the States.

Finally, where is it written that 1 swing vote tells us what is a fundamental right and what is not? And what is to prevent 5 judges at a later date making up other bull-hockey items fundamental rights? The law is now Completely unmoored from the Constitutional. I thought Bork nailed this path a few years ago:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...t-bork-moral-life-nation-could-be-decided-one

Time for a Convention of the States to put SCOTUS, Congress, the Executive and the Bureaucracy back in its delegated position - not the Leviathan it has become by stealing power not granted to it - as the Founders feared from their study of history of how civilizations collapsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoskinsonemanns

SCOTUS is unambiguously grabbing power is does not have for this ruling.

Your way off. Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 says (this is not an exact quote but close enough according to interpretation) The feds can do anything they want.
And of course Amendment 14 says (again not an exact quote but close enough according to interpretation) The feds can make the states do anything they want.

Liberty-or-Death

SCOTUS had no business even hearing the case. It's a state issue, and as usual, the feds overstep their bounds and liberty suffers. (The Southern Nation should have won.)
Secularly, I'm opposed to changing the definition of marriage. If states vote to institute civil unions as on par with marriage, fine, do what they will. I'll work to overturn the law or move to another state. Same with 2A.
I'm religiously opposed to sin, so I'll never support the homosexual lifestyle. I won't be hateful toward anyone, nor will I flaunt my hetero' relationship in ****' faces. But I won't celebrate what saddens me as a rejection of the Creator's design.

twoskinsonemanns

man I just have to ask. Do you bible-thumpers honestly believe no one comes into this world attracted to their same sex? Or do you think the millions of people that are born that way should live in misery mated to someone they find revolting just because your bible says go multiply?

Mr Birdman

Creator

SCOTUS had no business even hearing the case. It's a state issue, and as usual, the feds overstep their bounds and liberty suffers. (The Southern Nation should have won.)
Secularly, I'm opposed to changing the definition of marriage. If states vote to institute civil unions as on par with marriage, fine, do what they will. I'll work to overturn the law or move to another state. Same with 2A.
I'm religiously opposed to sin, so I'll never support the homosexual lifestyle. I won't be hateful toward anyone, nor will I flaunt my hetero' relationship in ****' faces. But I won't celebrate what saddens me as a rejection of the Creator's design.

+1
:banana:

twoskinsonemanns

So you think that child molester and rapists are born that way also huh. They say they are.

I understand your unwillingness to answer the questions :monkey

But I'll answer yours. Possibly. Whether they are or not we cannot condone actions that hurt other people.
No one is hurt by gays being gay. Other than your vile bigot sense of self righteousness.

solus

actually the self loathing comes from discovering they left the key to their closet on the dresser while they are stuck inside!!

pathetic, that in this day and age, there are still folk so unenlightened, filled with this much rage and venom, all from a indivdual so immersed in their religion. i do wish She takes pity on your soul approprately.

i also hope you have not breed thus stopping someone from some day saying...they were born that way!!

ipse

OC for ME

... (Surprised no one has made a congratulatory post about it yet.)
One step closer to vendors being compelled to relinquish their property right and their non aggressive religious convictions at the point of a state owned gun. No, no congratulations on another coercive government act that adversely affects liberty.

It would be nice if gay folks were as worked up over the infringements in their 2A right as they are over their gay rights. If I am not mistaken a gay social event in the Washington state has now excluded 2A supports that support the "gay rights" movement.

... No one is hurt by gays being gay. Other than your vile bigot sense of self righteousness.
Presumption and unsubstantiated opinion. Or, is it a matter of magnitude. Ask the kid(s) who dad, or mom, comes out and then walks out.

Hurt? You do not get to decide who is, or is not hurt, by the lawful acts of gay/straight folks.

Anyway, this thread is not far removed from the individual rights vs. government intervention thread.

OC for ME

actually the self loathing comes from discovering they left the key to their closet on the dresser while they are stuck inside!!

pathetic, that in this day and age, there are still folk so unenlightened, filled with this much rage and venom, all from a indivdual so immersed in their religion. i do wish She takes pity on your soul appropriately.

i also hope you have not breed thus stopping someone from some day saying...they were born that way!!

ipse
Ah, the tolerant, demanding the intolerant, to be tolerant...in a intolerant manner. :rolleyes:

stealthyeliminator

Did you read the citation Solus provided? I thought it was very well stated by the preacher. But he was wrong that the bible says homosexuality is a sin since the word did not exist. There are numerous references to fornication though. Which fornication is fornication, no matter what the sexual orientation.

That's not true - the Bible contains references to homosexual activity regardless of whether or not "the word" "existed". What do you think homosexuality never existed until recently? Or that it existed but no one ever spoke about it until recently? Certainly it existed and certainly they spoke about it. If not using "the word" homosexuality then using other words. The Bible references homosexual activity numerous times, and never in a good way. In some cases it seems to me to reference consensual homosexual activity and in other cases it seems to be referring to violent homosexual activity (rape of visitors/travelers). In all cases the activity appears to be condemned. Moreover, the Bible speaks of marriage as between a man and woman and appears to define moral sexual activity as only within the marriage (yes, that means heterosexual relations outside of the marriage are sinful too, but I see that as pretty irrelevant to the discussion). To be honest I'm not interested in pandering and trying to rewrite the Bible to accommodate homosexuality just because it's been framed as some sort of freedom movement. Nor am I to rewrite it to allow myself to condemn them when it isn't my place. I hope and pray that their dedication to a sinful lifestyle doesn't override convictions by the holy spirit and I pray they they're led to surrender and salvation and repentance.

Status
Not open for further replies.