• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sears and K Mart not OC friendly

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
Sears is off limits, mall security doesn't respect the tenants rights.
Thanks, good to know. It's to bad that Sears owns K-Mart, no oc in one means no oc in both as far as I am comcerned. Carry on.
Sear's isn't off limits because of a Sears policy, rather their land lord, the mall owner.

So from that perspective, only the mall owner seams anti to me.
Mall policy does not matter if you can enter the storethroughit's own entrance.

johnny amish

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
Thanks, good to know. It's to bad that Sears owns K-Mart, no oc in one means no oc in both as far as I am comcerned. Carry on.
Sear's isn't off limits because of a Sears policy, rather their land lord, the mall owner.

I agree, is Sears aware if this problem? Because of the mall owners anti gun position Sears is now loosing business, although maybe they don't feel it's enough to bother with.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

johnny amish wrote:
all owners anti gun position Sears is now loosing business, although maybe they don't feel it's enough to bother with.
Look to the market that we here on OCDO represent to Sears or to any retailer.

It appears that a significant fraction are unemployed or semi-employed, many are resistant-Americans that, like me, spend as little as possible on products touted by marketeers. Many are isolationist/survivalist. Nope, boycott and market pressure is not worth much to them or US.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
It appears that a significant fraction are unemployed or semi-employed, many are resistant-Americans that, like me, spend as little as possible on products touted by marketeers.  Many are isolationist/survivalist.  Nope, boycott and market pressure is not worth much to them or US.
Speak for yourself Doug. The majority of people I've met are main stream (doctors, lawyers, nurses, teachers, mechanics, etc.). I'd say it is a Very small minority that fit your description.

johnny amish

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
all owners anti gun position Sears is now loosing business, although maybe they don't feel it's enough to bother with.
Look to the market that we here on OCDO represent to Sears or to any retailer.

It appears that a significant fraction are unemployed or semi-employed, many are resistant-Americans that, like me, spend as little as possible on products touted by marketeers. Many are isolationist/survivalist. Nope, boycott and market pressure is not worth much to them or US.
Well said Doug, gone are the days when we have enough of a voice to change opinion of owners of malls and large box stores, the sheeple out number us. Pride in American made has taken a back seat to foreign made junk.

blaze

imported post

Janesville Mall parking lot is owned by the mall owner. I questioned the head of security about individual stores having their own OC policy.

He told me fine and dandy that the stores can have their own policy, with a big dumb grin he told me but, we own the parking lot and our code of conduct is such that no OC carry on mall property.

Also we will call the cops on you immediately.

SCJeffro

imported post

blayze wrote:
Janesville Mall parking lot is owned by the mall owner. I questioned the head of security about individual stores having their own OC policy.

He told me fine and dandy that the stores can have their own policy, with a big dumb grin he told me but, we own the parking lot and our code of conduct is such that no OC carry on mall property.

Out of curiosity, does it break an actual law when you OC where it is posted in WI?

I know in NV and AZ those signs mean absolutely nothing "Legally" for instance here, if I OC in a store that is posted "No Firearms" I am not breaking any laws, unless I refuse to leave if asked. Then I would be trespassing (still NO Firearm violation)

Just wondering what WI law is on that.

The Malls are the same here, "NO GUNS ON MALL PROPERTY" and he is correct Mall Property includes all parking lots... However here he could call the cops if he wanted but they would just show up and ask you to leave (that is IF you were in a common area or parking lot at the mall.) If you were inside a store with a policy like Sears allowing you to carry, they would do nothing.

johnny amish

imported post

blayze wrote:

It would be up to the stores to put enough pressure on the mall owners to change their policy, if they don't want to change then the answer is simple, we don't shop there. The mall has nothing that I need that bad. My dollars can be spent anywhere I decide. Obviously the mall cop doesn't see the direct connection between our shopping there and the need for his services.

Canard

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Mall policy does not matter if you can enter the store through it's own entrance.

In many cases the sale of property to the big box stores by the mall will have certain riders on it dictating terms of the sale for both parties. They could very easily, and I would suspect they do in many cases, have language that states they need to follow the policies of the mall including their code of conduct.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

To “go armed” does not require going anywhere. The elements for a violation of
s. 941.23 are: 1) a dangerous weapon is on the defendant’s person or within reach;
2) the defendant is aware of the weapon’s presence; and 3) the weapon is hidden.
State v. Keith, 175 Wis. 2d 75, 498 N.W.2d 865 (Ct. App. 1993).

johnny amish

imported post

davegran wrote:
Couldn't you foot transport unloaded and encased through the parking lot into Sears and then holster up? :celebrate
What a pain in the arss... A much simpler solution is to go somewhere that we are not treated like we are the criminal. I'll take their profits elsewhere.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

johnny amish wrote:
davegran wrote:
Couldn't you foot transport unloaded and encased through the parking lot into Sears and then holster up? :celebrate
What a pain in the arss... A much simpler solution is to go somewhere that we are not treated like we are the criminal. I'll take their profits elsewhere.
Although you would be opening yourself up to be a potential victim:

"I spent $300 at various local businesses today, but not here! You landlord has a discriminatory policy that prevents me from shopping here."

We give that to the manager in every store, in every mall, every time we go to town.

If we get 15 guys doing this, I believe it will put pressure on them.

johnny amish

imported post

E-mails sent. I wanted to let Sears know that as long as the malls they have their stores in continue to discriminate against oc that ocers will choose to shop elsewhere. We'll see if they respond.