• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Buyback guns being melted into "Peace Bricks"

Freedom1Man

everyone should call his home and ask where you can get the peace bricks ... when they say that there are none then you can retort "no peace w/o peace bricks!"

I'd make some "piece bricks," but I am all out of plutonium.

I guess would could make some ourselves and sell them as a fund raiser for OCDO, use clay and put a pro-liberty/gun art work on them. Maybe use some "fancy" ceramics and make pro-gun/liberty tile for those who are doing some re-decorating. Some UV 'activated' ones would be kinda fun. Sell them and then the logos show up under black lights only.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
We wouldn't need more laws against government if we erased the ones they used against us. We already have the constitution on a federal and a state level....The right to bear arms, and the right to be left alone is fairly explicit in them.

See, the problem is legislators don't feel like they're gaining brownie points with their constituents for not passing laws.

If we can use that against government excess, I'll take it.

sudden valley gunner

See, the problem is legislators don't feel like they're gaining brownie points with their constituents for not passing laws.

If we can use that against government excess, I'll take it.

Yep they pass pandering feel good laws, and when they don't work they pass more....

Part of the problem they take on and believe their job title is lawmaker not just representative.

Dave Workman

Alpine

What I want to know is when the next one is?

I missed this recent one and would like to pick up some undesired firearms from the frightened hippies who inherited them. I heard the Mayor thinks he can ban private sales at the next one but I seriously doubt he can pull that off, and if SPD tries to arrest anyone for lawful activities I know some people in KCSO who may step in. Actually, I plan on coming to it with a KCSO officer who is interested in getting some new pieces himself.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I thought there already was a law that said the city was required to sell them.

When and where? Do they hold an auction?

I know there were contributors for the buying of the arms, but who is paying for the melting, molding and placing of them? Did the salaries paid for those involved come from the contributors as well, or the taxpayers?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
but who is paying for the melting, molding and placing of them??

The "peace bricks" were never made. The mayor made the announcement without knowing that the PD had already destroyed the weapons. He was a bit embarrassed about it and dropped all reference to "peace bricks" after that.

The next buyback may be a while now that the mayor and fastyatelly were outed. Just to be sure tho, I picked up a seatlle city
vendors license so I can buy and sell on the street. Probably will not need it, but thats OK.