• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle declares martial law, bans weapons

Dave Workman

Just admit it Dave, you're a closet liberal, working with Brady.... You hate guns.. :lol:

Ohmygawd, you've discovered the truth.
I'm a deep cover mole for the gun prohibition lobby. I wormed my way into a 20-year leadership position at one level or another in the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club, with a couple of terms as Veep and one as Pres.

I did three terms on the NRA Board of Directors.
I now sit on the WAC board of directors.
My byline appears in several gun magazines.
I've written several pro-gun-rights books.
I created the original "tuckable" concealment holster that a lot of people are now copying
I've taught scores of people about firearms and self-defense.
I wrote a book that thousands of people rely on for easily-understood explanations of state gun laws that attorneys and cops use as a reference

And I did ALL of that to one day lead the gun confiscation teams of blue-helmet commies, just so McGinn would send me a card at "X" mas.

Now, here's my follow-up to that apologist column.

May Day aftermath: Court appearances, accountability and lingering questions

As suspects arrested the other day in the Seattle protests make their court appearances, there are questions remaining about Mayor Mike McGinn’s emergency order banning “any weapons” from the downtown area – it was quickly rescinded less than 24 hours later – and what might happen next year

http://www.examiner.com/article/may...rances-accountability-and-lingering-questions

davidmcbeth

Banned
We did not have a revolution with the brits because they did not control crime. So our 2nd amendment rights have nothing to do with crime .. its to protect us against THEM. So any martial law statue is, on its face, void when it comes to disarming us.

40S&W

My only regret,

Is I wasn't in the inclusion zone so I would get the city of Seattle to pay off my home mortgage, since lawsuit judgments are tax exempt.

TechnoWeenie

I'm a deep cover mole for the gun prohibition lobby. I wormed my way into a 20-year leadership position at one level or another in the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club, with a couple of terms as Veep and one as Pres.

I created the original "tuckable" concealment holster that a lot of people are now copying
I wrote a book that thousands of people rely on for easily-understood explanations of state gun laws that attorneys and cops use as a reference

And I did ALL of that to one day lead the gun confiscation teams of blue-helmet commies, just so McGinn would send me a card at "X" mas.

The perfect Manchurian Candidate... ;)

sudden valley gunner

Robert has a history of personally attacking people who disagree with him. He called Judge Legg, the judge who struck down the "good & substantial" from the Maryland code, a statist.

When confronting him about this, he would try to claim he wasn't talking about him, or anyone else, & put the onus on me to figure out who. I refuse to play that game.

Ever since then, Robert has been hounding me, looking for any "misstep". It's a complete lack of respect, considering the game for this sort of situation is played out in the courts, a place that doesn't take too kindly to parties calling them "statist" all the time.

He uses the term "statist" to every situation he disagrees with, to every person he disagrees with, & plays games with people when they call him out. He's worn out the meaning of the word.

Why you'd ever consider Workman's article an apologist for Mayor McGinn of all people, is a head scratcher. He has repeatedly called cops on their bad behavior, too.

Gray you are out right lying now! You have no more respect from me, I really tried. What the hell is your problem? I never called Judge Legg a statist, you are purposefully twisting what I said and attacking me, I have tried to be nothing but pleasant to you, if people look at it they will see who went on the attack first, and then tried to confuse the issue, with extraneously long posts dealing with nothing I had said.. Here I'll link the thread and let others judge for themselves.http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...chols-v-Edmund-G-Brown-Jr-et-al-12031-Lawsuit . Besides the jury is still out on whether Legg is a statist or not. It does seem he believes in the authority to license a right. In many peoples opinion that would be statism. But hey let's not forget at first you kept ridiculously insisting I was calling Hoffman a statist so you didn't "confront" me on calling judge Legg a statist. You didn't even properly read my post, and then refused to accept the simple explanation I gave you and the other posters on the board. Wow just wow! All over a post made in tongue in cheek to a comment by Hoffman. Why would judges rule CC over OC, easy statist judges.

No I don't use statist for every person I disagree with I use it for people who believe in the the power of the state over individualism how can you wear that word out?

Calling cops out on their bad behavior isn't against the rules.

P.S. You are not the final authority, you are not smarter than others if you don't want people to disagree with you or debate your stance here's a hint, don't post it on an open forum. Or treat others with the respect you seem to want to command.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

I have to agree with Dave Workman here, in no way is Dave Workman an apologist for Mayor McGinn, hell has not frozen over yet.

I do have to disagree with Dave Workman that Davepro_2a's post was funny, I did not find his post to be funny in any way, sorry Dave Workman.

Too many Dave's here, LOL

Well, one might presume that it was a typically mean-spirited remark, but quite frankly, the notion, the suggestion, the mere thought that this guy Workman would ever be an "apologist" for a whack liberal anti-gunner like McGinn, or for that matter, the SPD (which, BTW, was quick to discern between the kinds of potential weapons they were targeting and those the mayor might secretly want off the streets -- and some here seem to have been hoping they would target for their own personal chest-thumping aggrandizement) was so preposterous on its face that I found it hilarious. Luckily, no Pepsi was spewed on my keyboard or screen.

Workman, I have it on good authority, would rather guzzle down a gallon of buzzard puke and die from some horribly painful abdominal inflammation than ever be mistaken as some kind of defensive spokesperson for Hizzonner, who learned the hard way Tuesday evening courtesy a couple of good sized rocks through his front windows, that there is a down side to making his city seem inviting to the kind of dregs that showed up for the May Day melee carrying the kinds of weapons that, if one of us were facing in a genuine physical threat, would quite justifiably bring a lethal reaction.

"Noooooo," as the great actor Anthony Quinn commented so eloquently from the saddle in Lawrence of Arabia, "that must be some other man."

Does Workman serve?

DOES WORKMAN SERVE?!!?

The Turks, nor anybody else, have never paid me a single gold sovereign, and even if they had, I would still be poor because I AM A RIVER TO MY PEOPLE! (with apologies to Quinn and director David Lean ;) )

(If you've never seen Lawrence of Arabia...rent it and watch. That was the runaway scene of the film. Watch the entire movie, then read T.E. Lawrence's Seven Pillars of Wisdom and you will learn all you need to know about why this country is currently so bass-ackwards about our dealings in Arabia...)

Now, on a serious note, I checked with SPD and the weapons they grabbed were the ones they were after. A couple of hammers and what was described as a small maul, sharpened sticks, those "flag staffs" with screws in the tips (for smashing glass or people, presumably), one 4-inch fixed blade "hunting" knife, a few things that might be clubs, rocks, bottles and not a single firearm that I heard about.

That the mayor's withdrawal of the order Wednesday was very quietly done bugs me a bit, but in retrospect, who really gives a turkey? No good guys were even slightly inconvenienced, and fortunately nobody here decided to be a test case.

heresolong

With the benefit of reading the whole thread at once and not having to respond to individual statements as they arise, here are my thoughts.

1) I love the fellow from Vancouver who has a cow about how poorly they were treated in the US. Like Vancouver hasn't had riots. Recently. Has he been paying no attention to the local news or is he just using this as an opportunity to bash the US?

2) I suspect that Gray's advice to avoid Seattle might have been better worded as advice not to go down there for the purposes of testing the Mayor's weapons ban. I also suspect that if you just decided that May 1 was a great day to go shopping in Seattle after hearing about the ban, you might definitely be convicted of a .270 violation and that it would be upheld. You made a point to visibly arm yourself and go somewhere where riots and looting were happening. If, however, you lived in that area or had an appointment in that area that could not be changed, I suspect the court case might come out differently.

3) I really wish we could stop attacking other people's motives and statements. This is one of the reasons that I have spent less time on this board recently. It is boring to go through pages of "you're an a***** because you said this, you're a liar because you said this". Disagree with people's opinions by providing facts to support your side of the argument. Ask about inconsistencies in their statements by quoting the statement and asking for clarification. This crap is ridiculous and tiresome and never seems to stop.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Now, here's my follow-up to that apologist column.

May Day aftermath: Court appearances, accountability and lingering questions

As suspects arrested the other day in the Seattle protests make their court appearances, there are questions remaining about Mayor Mike McGinn’s emergency order banning “any weapons” from the downtown area – it was quickly rescinded less than 24 hours later – and what might happen next year

http://www.examiner.com/article/may...rances-accountability-and-lingering-questions

FBI mole eh?

Dave_pro2a

Now, on a serious note, I checked with SPD and the weapons they grabbed were the ones they were after. A couple of hammers and what was described as a small maul, sharpened sticks, those "flag staffs" with screws in the tips (for smashing glass or people, presumably), one 4-inch fixed blade "hunting" knife, a few things that might be clubs, rocks, bottles and not a single firearm that I heard about.

That the mayor's withdrawal of the order Wednesday was very quietly done bugs me a bit, but in retrospect, who really gives a turkey? No good guys were even slightly inconvenienced, and fortunately nobody here decided to be a test case.

That line of thinking is interesting imho, and 100% consistent with your initial article.

Last edited:

Bnewfield

So THIS is how the gun confiscation plan will come to pass... With a "declaration of emergency." Just another harbinger of the US turning into a dictatorship; if you need more proof just look at Martial law USA.. Scary stuff is happening.

jmlefler

Further, the since the city and the PD receive federal funds (homeland security grants especially vis-a-vis the police), they would also run afoul of the Stafford Act:

So, if any LEO wishes to take possession of my firearm for 'officer safety', would he be in violation of the Stafford Act?

Edit: never mind... need to do my own research... "in support of relief from a
major disaster or emergency"

Carry on,

J

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
So, if any LEO wishes to take possession of my firearm for 'officer safety', would he be in violation of the Stafford Act?

Edit: never mind... need to do my own research... "in support of relief from a
major disaster or emergency"

Carry on,

J

I disagree with the normally perceived notion that "officer safety" trumps my own. In my state, just as many state police officers were shot and killed by other policemen (not friendly fire ~ murdered) as by criminals...50% policeman and 50% criminals.

I'll keep my gun and protect my keeping it.

sudden valley gunner

So THIS is how the gun confiscation plan will come to pass... With a "declaration of emergency." Just another harbinger of the US turning into a dictatorship; if you need more proof just look at Martial law USA.. Scary stuff is happening.

It comes with the capitulation of those who hand over their guns....

....let's think about who is going to enforce these unconstitutional declarations too...