• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Shootings

Kildars

Just wondering, why was his CPL not revoked when he was charged with DV in 2008? Or does he have to be convicted?

In order for there to be any repercussions in our legal system, there has to be a conviction. That is for good reason too, we are innocent until proven guilty.

However, this shooter displayed a patter of violent and aggressive and unstable behavior. The system failed by dismissing charges multiple times, according to the KIRO article there were over four different episodes where he was charged with Assault, DV, or something else violent and it was all dismissed.

Kildars

Some carpet-bagger stated on NPR yesterday that a person could easily walk into a gunshow, purchase a firearm, walk to another table, and make it a full-auto.

LOL.

I love how these people are also saying the gun show loophole is where any felon can walk into a gun show and buy a gun without a background check. What they fail to state is that its only the private party transactions that do not have a background. All the FFL dealers there still do background checks.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Well, there's a way to blunt all of this fear and anxiety being expressed...and that's to take the time this summer to get acquainted with your state reps and senator, to attend any functions where they appear, if they express an anti-gun attitude, work for the challenger, if they are with us, then work for them, and in November, install a stronger pro-gun legislature and cast your vote for the pro-gun gubernatorial candidate, and I can tell you right now, that ain't Inslee.

It's a long time between now and November and a longer time between now and January when the Legislature meets. You have your assignments. Class dismissed

:D

+1

XD45PlusP

Just wondering, why was his CPL not revoked when he was charged with DV in 2008? Or does he have to be convicted?

I would like to know where the police came out and said he had a Valid CPL. Sorry but going on the word of his dad who is out of touch is irresponsible.

badger54

Our biggest threat is Senator Kline. He controls what the House gets to vote on.... If all he does is push anti gun bills then we are in for a long haul my friends. Some of you may have seen his video if not the link is posted below. We need to keep an eye out for any and all bills that may be introduced, we need to let our representatives know that we will not compromise on our gun rights. McGinn is getting his ear bent pretty well by Ralph Fascitelli of Washington CeaseFire, our preemption statute is strong and has held up in the past but I see these folks in Seattle pushing hard for it to change (think Oregon, they have preemption but allow cities to opt out of it).

[video=youtube;gKs8PV3eY4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gKs8PV3eY4k[/video]

In Oregon the city restrictions on firearms don't apply to anyone that holds a CHL. For example to OC a loaded gun in Portland you would need a CHL to do so as Portland city ordinances prohibit the carrying of loaded firearms whether they are carried openly or concealed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Freedom1Man

I sure hope they arrest these guns. After all, it's the prevalence of guns that's the problem here. SPD said so, so I hope they step up patrols and start arresting more guns and bringing them to trial. :/

I was just watching Q13 news their on the street guy mentioned the surge in CPL's of late. Of course, they fail to mention that NONE of these shootings were committed by CPL holders, but of course, they make it sound like there's a correlation between the number of CPL's and the number of shootings. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

The guns are not bad they are just misunderstood. I would be willing to give them all a new home and help them become good guns again.

I would not even charge them for the service of re-homing the guns and helping them get through their bad phase.