• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second annual California Open Carry Dinner

Will you be at the Second Annual Open Carry Dinner?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Maybe?

• Total voters

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
i broke both of my wrists at a private racetrack testing a new motor i built, i rolled it 9 times when the throttle stuck open, my hands were on the wheel. it hurts real bad, and well, the car got fixed enough to race and won the heat race in placerville! i guess it was worth it....
Excuses excuses...;)

I hope CA_Libertarian has an excuse that beats that!

I hope you're healing well oilfieldtrash11

Dessun

imported post

The outing was a great experience. That was really cool to see a bunch of freedom loving, self-defensive Americans. I'm in the group pic second from the left standing up. Rob's the name.

If you guys want, check out my post. I had a LEO encounter in front of my house the day after the event. Horrible, horrible police work IMO. I wonder what these guys are getting paid for?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Dessun wrote:
If you guys want, check out my post. I had a LEO encounter in front of my house the day after the event. Horrible, horrible police work IMO. I wonder what these guys are getting paid for?
What post?

sigscout

imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
sigscout wrote:
what was it a light-green w/ gold flake Monte Carllo, white interior, with yellow window tint, on 24'' low pros?

wow that must have been a sight to see, oh wait those are everywhere in sacramento

i broke both of my wrists at a private racetrack testing a new motor i built, i rolled it 9 times when the throttle stuck open, my hands were on the wheel. it hurts real bad, and well, the car got fixed enough to race and won the heat race in placerville! i guess it was worth it....
well, as long as it was not something dumb. like fixing a roof tile and you fell off the roof. you were actually DOING something worth doing.

Essex1984

imported post

Ok, finally got a some free to pipe up and post about the get together.

I'm the guy on the far left in the blue shirt/white hat in the cross walk picture. Had a great time meeting every one and its nice to have some faces to go with screen names.

Although the trash pickup location was rather remote it went quite well. Notverymany beaches for us to go a cruise around up inthe North Bay area. Pizza was great and I believe good times were had by all.

Count me in for a shooting trip, and I hope to see some more faces at the next one.

Essex

ComeTakeThem

imported post

Let's plan a range day for sure, gotta be on BLM land somewhere though so we can take vegetables out and shoot. Paper gets to be boring after awhile.

Any ideas on where to go? Cow Mountain or the Oroville spots sound good.

Army

imported post

I apologise for not making it. Family business came up on Tuesday, and ironically put me in the Placerville/Georgetown area until Sunday.

On the other hand, my 1911 rodeon the backseat the entire time :)

prcE6

imported post

marshaul wrote:
nukechaser wrote:
Did we decide we were going to identify ourselves in the photos?

I'm the guy in the middle in this one.

attachment.php
I'm off on the far right, off in my own little world.

prcE6

imported post

Well, another play-by-play would just be repeating everything already said.

Thanks again to everyone who made it out. Good times indeed. Anyone notice how courteous the pizza staff were?

So we were guessing that out of the hundreds of cars that passed us on the road, even estimating that at least half noticed we were carrying, I would say that it was some pretty good exposure after all. Also, the characters hanging out at the liquor store next to the pizza place took an awful lot of interest in us.

Sux for the guy who lost his bike, he probably thought we were cops and was wondering why we weren't doing anything to find it.

I gotta give SacPD and Sac SSD props though. I think we can reasonably assume that they knew about our event, and chose not to waste resources on checking us out. There were evidently enough problems on the river to keep them busy this weekend. Thanks guys!

BTW: My kids had a blast too, and Big thanks to CA_Libertarian for getting this ball rolling!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PRC-E6 wrote:
Sux for the guy who lost his bike, he probably thought we were cops and was wondering why we weren't doing anything to find it. 
lol, so that's what that was about. I was trying to figure out what he wanted. :lol:

ConditionThree wrote:
For having announced this in advance, I am pretty surprised that police chose not to make contact, as Im sure this forum is frequently read by LEO.

PRC-E6 wrote:
I gotta give SacPD and Sac SSD props though. I think we can reasonably assume that they knew about our event, and chose not to waste resources on checking us out. There were evidently enough problems on the river to keep them busy this weekend. Thanks guys!

This is progress, my friends. Why should the PD show up every time a group of citizens announce plans to congregate for lawful behavior?

This is what we should expect to see. One the police become accustomed to UOC, they will simply stop responding to it.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

PRC-E6 wrote:
Big thanks to CA_Libertarian for getting this ball rolling!
You're welcome!

Now, I'll explain why I didn't make it.

(I don't have as fascinating a story as oilfieldtrash, but here it is...)

I double-booked my self. I forgot my best friend's birthday, and didn't realize it until I called him to see if he was going with me to the meetup. "Uh, no I'm having dinner with all my family and friends in Turlock." >.<