• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff DeLeo moves to Dismiss soccer mom's law suit

wrightme

imported post

Aran wrote:

It's funny, usually I get people trying to insult me by calling me a feminist. Just because I don't automatically put anything with 'things that go bump in the night and a batcave up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
I usually see people disliking you because you choose to insult instead of honestly discuss topics. Maybe you really should just move on to topics where you actually have something constructive to add to the conversation.

It would be a welcome change....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Aran wrote:
It's funny, usually I get people trying to insult me by calling me a feminist. Just because I don't automatically put anything with Xxxxx and a xxxxxx up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
Repeat: Misogyny was probably a Freudian slip. Misology fits you better, you think?

Now why don't you do the same - edit your post to reflect consideration for the wide variety of readers here and not contribute negatively to the purpose and spirit of OCDO.

Yata hey

Aran

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Just because I don't automatically put anything with Boobs and a vagina up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
It eliminates the possibility of you being a gentleman though.
If gentlemen blind themselves to the fact that women are human beings, then I'll gladly keep my eyes open and be a scalawag.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Aran wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Just because I don't automatically put anything with Boobs and a vagina up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
If gentlemen blind themselves to the fact that women are human beings, then I'll gladly keep my eyes open and be a scalawag.
Either you misused one word or the other, you have eaten your cake twice to my disgust.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
Either you misused one word or the other, you have eaten your cake twice to my disgust.
I prefer pie.....lol......

Deanimator

imported post

Aran wrote:
It's funny, usually I get people trying to insult me by calling me a feminist. Just because I don't automatically put anything with Boobs and a vagina up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
Who called YOU a "feminist"?

Ayman al Zawahiri?

Maybe in addition to carrying concealed, you think she should wear a burqa...

Nozoki

imported post

Aran wrote:
It's funny, usually I get people trying to insult me by calling me a feminist. Just because I don't automatically put anything with Boobs and a vagina up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.
So you think everyone else here is supporting SFN because she's a woman? Like we're only behind her because we might get to be her internet boyfriend or something? Get real. We support her because of the issue, the same way we support Danbus in the VA forum. Considering this is a forum advocating open carry, and SFN was hassled for legally open carrying, it seems like you should also be giving her your support instead of insults.