• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Doesn't Stop Arizona Legislature From Introducing Pro-Gun Bills

jpm84092

The Montana Approach

As cited by Phred above, I verified the Montana Statute. I was unaware of this approach to defeating the Federal GFSZ and now "stand corrected" It appears to be a viable way to approach this hassle. To requote (taken from the Montana DOJ website:

Montana Code Annotated

45-8-360. Establishment of individual licensure. In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the people in Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution, a person who has not been convicted of a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under the Montana constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Montana within the meaning of the provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act.

It is important then in talking with WI Legislators about Constitutional Carry to point out how Montana handled this matter.