• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should Distrust Of Government Be A Phenomenon Exclusive To Gun Owners?

Beretta92FSLady

Beretta92FSLady

Oh yea!

Hahaha, believe it or not some of are not big fans of Mayo, but for some reason the combo of it on a BLT.......yum.

There are exceptions. It depends on the sandwich you're putting together, you know.

We should get back on the road, huh...of the OT: Distrust of Government is not exclusive to gun owners. There are many groups that have distrust for the Government.

I'm a Progressive Liberal, and many of the Progressive Liberals have distrust for the Government. It's a funny thing, the notion of distrust for Government. The mere fact that firearm owners would think the phenomena exists with them alone has more to do with their consumption of political BS than actual facts on the ground here in the real world.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I'm a Progressive Liberal, and many of the Progressive Liberals have distrust for the Government. It's a funny thing, the notion of distrust for Government. The mere fact that firearm owners would think the phenomena exists with them alone has more to do with their consumption of political BS than actual facts on the ground here in the real world.

That's very true.

In my experience progressive "liberals" are highly distrustful of government... when a "conservative" is in power.

In my experience "conservatives" are highly distrustful of government... when a progressive "liberal" is in power.

What I don't understand is the fantasy held by 90% of both groups that the politicians they elect are magically somehow different and better because of some words that come out of their mouths, unbacked by action.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

That's very true.

In my experience progressive "liberals" are highly distrustful of government... when a "conservative" is in power.

In my experience "conservatives" are highly distrustful of government... when a progressive "liberal" is in power.

What I don't understand is the fantasy held by 90% of both groups that the politicians they elect are magically somehow different and better because of some words that come out of their mouths, unbacked by action.

There are a number of naive fantasies each share.

I don't hang out with many Conservatives in my daily life. I do hang out with Liberals from time to time, and there is grumbling about President Obama not being Liberal enough on certain issues. I've pressed the non firearm owning Liberals that I know, to see whereabouts the line exists in their head on the firearm issue, and most of them don't know there's a difference between an AK-47 owned by millions of Americans, and an AKM.

I'm forced to conclude that the facts aren't making their way to some Liberals, not because these Liberals are anti-firearm, rather, there some other disconnect. I'll tell you, when I thoroughly explain these differences, nearly all of the individuals I talk to about this shrug, and say they have no issue with individuals owning an AK-47 (for example).

I don't get into FA talk too often, even though I'm of the view that individuals ought to own whatever firearm they wish. From a practical standpoint, a FA isn't for me.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I agree. FA is impractical unless you have the unlimited resources of government.

You know, even then, if you look at the FA shot count per death v. sniper shot count per death, it's impractical for our military, not financially of course, having the unlimited money, but impractical if you're looking to curb collateral damage.

papa bear

i have found a progressive as one that wants to control, everything from what you eat to what we wear, and behave. they often favor government since that is the way they get control , at the end of the government gun