• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sickening

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

openryan wrote:

That being said, I am kind of suprised this thread has gone so far...
I'm not surprised at all.

It eats at the same fundamentals of any basic human right; which we are quite apportioned to on this forum. The enemy is the same, the pro's and con's the same, etc... It is a mirror of any other pro-human-rights stance, just like ours on the 2nd Ammendment.

In essence, "Life Liberty, and the Persuirt of Happiness" is the premise of our debate. The Bill of Rights was created as the blueprint for this; and it is being ignored on every count. It's only logical that we see the tragedies that we do.

DrewGunner

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
openryan wrote:
MamaLiberty wrote:
Wait, what?

It's tyrannical to take guns away from someone who has become suicidal?

I missed the joke or you haven't completely thought this through DH.

Taking away someone's guns won't change their mind about dying. It can, however, deepen their feelings of hoplessness and rage.

You can do whatever you like trying to talk them out of it and offer support, of course, but it is not rational or moral to initiate force to "save" them.

They OWN their own lives and bodies. They have every right to decide what to do with either one.
Maybe someone should start a suicide clinic, kind of like an abortion clinic, but you go in the room and do your own business -- you wouldn't have to hire anyone but janitors...

You would sell the bullets and rent the guns...

Ryan, you are a ghoulish little devil after my own heart ! Help ' em out!

BTW, please quit tormenting us with your ever-more-revealing avatar!:D

Also, my hat is off to Mama Liberty, good to see you gracing our forums with your presence again, Madam!

TrueBrit.

I'm going to have to second that. Openryan, you either get a bigger avater or you knock it off. You're going to wear my eye balls out with that tiny pic.

And if that guy or anybody else whats to off themselves, thats there choice. Your life is your life todo what you want with. Isn't No. 2 shot pretty small? Three times and he was hikin all over the place, Poor bastard.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Ha! Well tell Mike or Bob to make the avatars bigger, or get a magnifying glass... :p

Maybe I could sell 8.5x11's

massltca

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
As with everything else, we should start with some definitions.

Define "happy"

I wouldn't use that word in this context. A person must be satisfied with his/her life and able to control that life for the greatest mental and physical health. Ownership of our bodies and life is essential to that.

Our society (government "education," welfare, prison for anything and everything...) is set up to destroy individual liberty and self responsibility. We are treated from birth as if we were infants, owned by the government and every group of idiots who claim to know better than we do what to do with our lives and property - and then take all of it away from us at the point of a gun!!!

What is happening in that society shows very strong proof of how destructive that is.
From that powerlessness, hopelessness and anguish come all sorts of crime, violence and murder as well as suicide.

More "laws" and more pressure to conform - from all the nanny state groups that wet their pants if someone has an original thought - are not the answer.
Very true, especially the part about being treated like infants by the government and other busybodies who claim to have superior knowledge of how to conduct our lives. So true and very disturbing.

ijusam

imported post

Shot is classified with smaller numbers = larger size. thus Buckshot for big game is 0 or 00. # 2 shot is bigger then anything I ever used for hunting, I used 6 and smaller for game and fowl and changed to slugs for deer. no rifle allowed in my area.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile to start by listing the nominal diameter of the various common sizes of shot as manufactured in the U.S. Here they are, courtesy of the 2004 Federal Catalog:

BBB .190" (4.83mm), BB .180" (4.57mm), 1 .160" (4.06mm), 2 .150" (3.81mm), 3 .140" (3.56mm), 4 .130" (3.30mm), 5 .120" (3.05mm), 6 .110" (2.79mm), 7 1/2 .100" (2.41mm), 8 .090" (.2.29mm), 8 1/2 .085" (2.16mm), 9 .080" (2.03mm).