• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Simply....unbelievable -

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrightme

No, in the video the animal was still moving seconds after the officer stopped firing. Try again.

Edit: That's what you get for making assumptions. You get wrong conclusions.

How do you know the officer was not firing after the video stopped?

But, where in the video can you even see the dog that was killed after the shooting began?

635491715557298431-1017-dog-shot-cleburne-2.JPG

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ideo-shows-officer-coaxing-shooting-dog.html/

The dog he shot isn't even visible once after the officer began shooting.

Last edited:

wrightme

But, where in the video can you even see the dog that was killed after the shooting began?

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ideo-shows-officer-coaxing-shooting-dog.html/

No, in the video the animal was still moving seconds after the officer stopped firing. Try again.

Edit: That's what you get for making assumptions. You get wrong conclusions.
Nope, you cannot even see the shot dog after the officer stopped firing. The moving dog was not the one shot and killed.

Yep, make assumptions, get wrong conclusions.

davidmcbeth

Banned
How do you know the officer was not firing after the video stopped?

“As is often the case, the short video does not tell the whole story.” from linked art.

Well the whole story is not known .. we have to wait for the fiction writers to complete the story. They must have a staff of 20. Awaiting the total BS story that will be puked out to the public.

It will be a SyFi movie.

stealthyeliminator

Nope, you cannot even see the shot dog after the officer stopped firing. The moving dog was not the one shot and killed.

Yep, make assumptions, get wrong conclusions.

It doesn't really matter. If you want to rest on "the dog's death was instantaneous" go right ahead. I'll let you rest your case there, because it'll fall all on it's own, without a doubt.

wrightme

“As is often the case, the short video does not tell the whole story.” from linked art.

Well the whole story is not known .. we have to wait for the fiction writers to complete the story. They must have a staff of 20. Awaiting the total BS story that will be puked out to the public.

It will be a SyFi movie.

Correct, the whole story is not known, which I mentioned in my post about how I thought it played out so far.

stealthyeliminator

Strawman.

Are you still attempting to claim that shooting an animal to kill it is 'in a cruel manner?'

It isn't a strawman. If the act is unjustified and causes pain then it qualifies the definition of in a cruel manner. Don't get mad at me about it, I didn't write the damn statute.

J_dazzle23

Strawman.

Are you still attempting to claim that shooting an animal to kill it is 'in a cruel manner?'
How are we worried about how much pain the dog was in, as opposed to the fact that the dog got shot in the first place?

Any cop that is scared of serious permanant bodily injury that a 7 month old dog that he can get to obey a command to come to him, to the point of shooting it, is not fit to be a public servant IMO.

heaven forbid a 9 year old kid with a wrist rocket or paintball gun approach an officer.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Correct, the whole story is not known, which I mentioned in my post about how I thought it played out so far.

We KNOW how it will play out.

Cops will do an *investigation* and we'll hear 6 months from now that its completed. All is well..no charges.

Onto the next isolated incident.

wrightme

It isn't a strawman. If the act is unjustified and causes pain then it qualifies the definition of in a cruel manner. Don't get mad at me about it, I didn't write the damn statute.

I am not mad, I am asking if you truly believe that shooting an animal to kill it fits 'in a cruel manner.'

The strawman was what you attempted to claim I had said or meant.
"If you want to rest on "the dog's death was instantaneous" go right ahead. "

That was what I called out as 'strawman' created by you.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

I am not mad, I am asking if you truly believe that shooting an animal to kill it fits 'in a cruel manner.'

The strawman was what you attempted to claim I had said or meant.
If I said I shot anything for any other reason than to "stop the threat" I'd be in jail. Are we gonna start saying we "shoot to kill" now so we can cherry pick to navigate a torture loophole?

wrightme

How are we worried about how much pain the dog was in, as opposed to the fact that the dog got shot in the first place?

Any cop that is scared of serious permanant bodily injury that a 7 month old dog that he can get to obey a command to come to him, to the point of shooting it, is not fit to be a public servant IMO.

heaven forbid a 9 year old kid with a wrist rocket or paintball gun approach an officer.

Because the claim was presented that the cop violated the statute that says 'in a cruel manner.'

As I have already stated, from what I saw in the video, it is very likely a violation of b(2), unless they say the exception applies. Further, I do not agree that shooting the dog to kill it fits the 'in a cruel manner' definition of the applicable statute.

So, as I already said, if that is how it gets viewed, and it is noted that the exception applies, the next logical step would be to seek legislative changes to make such seemingly unjustified killings 'not within the performance of the office.'

Last edited:

wrightme

If I said I shot anything for any other reason than to "stop the threat" I'd be in jail. Are we gonna start saying we "shoot to kill" now so we can cherry pick to navigate a torture loophole?

Nope, not at all. This is a non-livestock animal, and has nothing to do with self-defense statutes where 'stop the threat' is the goal.

I would expect that a s/d shooting of a dog would not be a violation of ANY of the cited statutes for animal cruelty here, whether it was 'shoot to stop' and not killed, or 'shoot to kill.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.