• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Situational Awareness. I am certain I was almost robbed.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The Coke cans kept overflowing and the liter bottles are hard to get in position, :uhoh:

Tomorrow I'll tell you how cold water divers warm up their wetsuits!

You're getting all this aren't you Djeeper? Good stuff to know while you're pumping gas on a wouldbe robber with a Zippo lighter and have to take a whiz without putting the fire out.
:banana::monkey

BTW That's a Bass Pro bag Skid. It holds about a half a gallon before it starts sloshing and pulling on the volume knob on the radio.

Last edited:

mobeewan

I have a lock box built specifically for pistols that I chain (really wire) to a solid part of my Ford Explorer. Since I don't have a trunk I needed some way to unholster, unload, store my firearm before going to my daughters schools. Also while working at customer sites (other than military bases) I could keep a gun in the lock box and not need to carry one. (Need is a bad word since you could get mugged between your house/apt and car but you know what I mean) It still could be stolen if a thief broke into my car with the right tools but will stop the average smash and grab thief. Because of that I keep a Taurus PT145 in it usually such that if it gets stolen I won't mind as much as one of my more expensive guns being taken.

Now I would like to find a lock box big enough to hold my AK pistol and several 30-round magazines. :) I haven't gotten brave enough to OC the AK pistol even though I know DJEEPER has OC-ed his AR pistol several times. I don't want to give businesses a reason to start banning OC and I fear that the AK pistol would be an in-your-face type statement. I mainly keep it for the SHTF scenarios. I think 30+ rounds of a rifle round coming out of a short barrel will be a good crowd control gun. If they don't run from the sound they will drop where they are at. Pistol rounds are so weak comparatively and I am a fan of Big Guns save lives too. :)

I'd be interesting in hearing more about how you keep them secure. I'd love to carry my AK in my Jeep on the weekends, though I wouldn't leave it unattended at work.

My Jeep was ransacked a couple of weeks ago in downtown Charlottesville - inside the second floor of a parking garage.

I bought a 12 inch wide center seat replacement console lock box from Tuffy Products for my Silverado and am very happy with it. They make it in 4 widths, 6, 8, 10 & 12 inch wide. They specialize in security boxes for jeep products. They also make a few custom fit console boxes for some SUV’s and several for trucks. Since I bought mine a few years ago they have branched out to make boxes for commercial security company and law enforcement vehicles. The lock on mine is like an automobile door lock (Tuffy's Pry-Guard II). If given enough time someone can break into anything, but it will take them a while and they will have to make noise doing it.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-88-series-ii-security-console-12-12-wide.aspx

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/

Last edited:

DJEEPER

You're getting all this aren't you Djeeper? Good stuff to know while you're pumping gas on a wouldbe robber with a Zippo lighter and have to take a whiz without putting the fire out.
:banana::monkey

Hahaha, taking notes as we speak (read: type)

:) lol

Riana

Police officer: "Do you have any weapons in the car, sir?"

Peter Nap: "Is there any particular caliber or type of weapon you're interested in, officer?"

:shocker:
I can completely envision that conversation, going exactly like that... :dude: