• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small of back considered open carry?

spurrit

imported post

My butt had nothing to do with it. LEARN TO READ! I landed on my back, on a rock, and the rock shoved the leatherman into my spine.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

spurrit wrote:
My butt had nothing to do with it. LEARN TO READ! I landed on my back, on a rock, and the rock shoved the leatherman into my spine.
We're just trying to figure out where your brain is located, thats all. Kinda like trying to find a gun in a closet full of hillary's pant suits.

tarzan1888

imported post

spurrit wrote:

Your optic nerves, which transmittes images to your brain, do not pass through your spine.

An injurey to your spine would have no affect on your eyes.

A blow to the head could have caused the injurey you mention.

In light of these facts, you wearing a leatherman in the SOB and then falling and becoming blind, has no bearing on this discussion.

Tarzan

unrequited

imported post

Spurrit, you can have an almost complete severance of your spinal chord from the neck down and as long as you're on a breathing machine, and have a pulse, you still have eyesight, and the ability to think, blink, etc. I think you fell and knocked your head badly. I don't know why you're so confrontational and rude to the point of being vulgar.

tattedupboy

imported post

I suppose SOB carry would do if one expected to be standing or walking all day while carrying concealed. Definitely not good while sitting down, and definitely not for OC due to the ease with which it can be snatched from the wearer.

spurrit

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Spurrit, you can have an almost complete severance of your spinal chord from the neck down and as long as you're on a breathing machine, and have a pulse, you still have eyesight, and the ability to think, blink, etc. I think you fell and knocked your head badly. I don't know why you're so confrontational and rude to the point of being vulgar.
Mostly because you and Tarzan insist on trolling my posts.

My DOCTOR told me that that type of injury CAN cause blindness, as I was also confused about it, thinking I might have hit my head and not noticed. Since it was over ten years ago, I don't recall exactly what he said had happened, but I was obviously concerned, considering I'd broken my back in three places a year before.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

spurrit wrote:
It's you.

Sorry unrequited, he says you're a troll, so you must be! It's incredibly obvious when you look over the rest of spurrits posts that he is ALWAYS RIGHT. I'm kinda dissapointed in you, unrequited. You seemed like a decent guy...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::p

unrequited

imported post

DreQo wrote:
spurrit wrote:
It's you.
Sorry unrequited, he says you're a troll, so you must be!  It's incredibly obvious when you look over the rest of spurrits posts that he is ALWAYS RIGHT.  I'm kinda dissapointed in you, unrequited.  You seemed like a decent guy...
:banghead::banghead::banghead: :p
Well I guess I gotta turn in my Cool Club Card now. > )

Decoligny

imported post

spurrit wrote:
My DOCTOR told me that that type of injury CAN cause blindness, as I was also confused about it, thinking I might have hit my head and not noticed. Since it was over ten years ago, I don't recall exactly what he said had happened, but I was obviously concerned, considering I'd broken my back in three places a year before.
Well, after some thought on the situation and a quick perusal of my Anatomy & Physiology texts, I see only one possibility that could have caused temporary blindness. If the blow to the spine caused swelling in the spinal column, then the increase in CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) pressure could have caused an increase in pressure in the brain. Since the Occipital Lobe (the part of the brain that processes sight) is located at the back of the skull, close to where the spine connects to the brain, the signal input to this location could have been temporarily disrupted.