• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So about Obama taking rights away...

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Dustin wrote:
If I told my son thatI once burn my hand when I stuck it in the fire, BUT I WAS LYING to him, Does he not gain wisdom out of the lie ?
Not quite the same.

It's more like telling your son you burned your hand on a Muslim because Islam is an evil religion. He learns the wrong lesson because your lesson is based on a lie.

But regardless, check the post above you.
Hmmm....I saw no reference to muslim or islam in that Avivpost. Did you find that there, or somewhere else?
Better yet, where is a reference like yours in the post? It is not the same as the one that Dustin presented.

Walleye

imported post

Dustin wrote:
The Religion points is not what I was referring to. I read the post above, and my claim still stands and makes since.

If you can glean wisdom from something, whether it be a lie or not, then it is indeed fruitful.

I also don't use snopes and wiki for my education. That seems to be the norm now days. Snopes is never wrong, and neither is wiki. Go Public Edumacation !
Regardless of snopes/wiki accuracy, the point remains the same: take what information you find with a grain of salt.

Most of the information detailed in that fake letter can easily be deduced by connecting the dots and looking at the facts. Why use a lie when reality offers a better example?

Dustin

imported post

wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Dustin wrote:
If I told my son thatI once burn my hand when I stuck it in the fire, BUT I WAS LYING to him, Does he not gain wisdom out of the lie ?
Not quite the same.

It's more like telling your son you burned your hand on a Muslim because Islam is an evil religion. He learns the wrong lesson because your lesson is based on a lie.

But regardless, check the post above you.
Hmmm....I saw no reference to muslim or islam in that Avivpost. Did you find that there, or somewhere else?
Better yet, where is a reference like yours in the post? It is not the same as the one that Dustin presented.
Wrightme,

This is just AWDstylez, Style. He likes to argue more so than intelligent conversation, He's admitted to that, saying it's more fun.

It's my fault for posting something beneficial b/c it goes against the incoherant rant that is usualy taking place.

So I'll just bow out now. For Future reference, It's best to just stay away from him. He might rub off.

Dustin

imported post

Walleye wrote:
Regardless of snopes/wiki accuracy, the point remains the same: take what information you find with a grain of salt.

That's all I was really trying to provide. It's obvious the article is a fake of some sort, but not everything in it is indeed fake. There are some relatively goodpoints to ponder on. :)

Walleye

imported post

Dustin wrote:
That's all I was really trying to provide. It's obvious the article is a fake of some sort, but not everything in it is indeed fake. There are some relatively goodpoints to ponder on. :)
I just assumed most everyone was aware of the shortcomings described in the article. But you know what they say about assumptions...

:)

Dustin

imported post

Walleye wrote:
Dustin wrote:
I just assumed most everyone was aware of the shortcomings described in the article. But you know what they say about assumptions...

:)

i fell into the same trap.

I ASSUMED that when I said this;

Dustin wrote:
Here a good read; Not sure the validity of it, but it's got some great points.

That anyone caring enough to read the words would say, OK this might not be true but their MIGHT be something to learn from it.

SIlly me, assuming that people have common sense :lol:

Walleye

imported post

I got the email yesterday from my sister, so I'd already read it. ;)

My dad and my sister are in the National Guard so the topic comes up frequently.

Tomahawk

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
How about we just give these "combatants" to our (so called) allies who are not boundby the Geneva Convention to interrogate them!!!:banghead:

2nd Amendment.......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X
Unless you never pay attention to the news, you would know that this has been going on since 9/11/01, and probably before, maybe going back to the Clinton administration. They even made a movie about it, called "Rendition".

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
How about we just give these "combatants" to our (so called) allies who are not boundby the Geneva Convention to interrogate them!!!:banghead:

Unless you never pay attention to the news, you would know that this has been going on since 9/11/01, and probably before, maybe going back to the Clinton administration. They even made a movie about it, called "Rendition".

I was being sarcastic (smile).

I believe thatAmericans do not want to know about the (bad) detailsof how theUS is involved with torture. My point has always been that there are many ways that the USis directly (Gitmo) and indirectly (allies who are not boundby the Geneva Convention) involved with torture!!

2nd Amendment...........Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X

Tomahawk

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:

I was being sarcastic (smile).

I realized that, tried to edit my post, got called away from the computer, lost the wifi connection. Sorry.

(Also, the dog ate my mouse.;))

Dustin

imported post

Walleye wrote:

My dad and my sister are in the National Guard so the topic comes up frequently.

Yea this guy at work is always getting these and passing them along. He always spams them with a title like,

EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD READ THIS NOW !!

LOL !

Tomahawk

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Walleye wrote:

Yea this guy at work is always getting these and passing them along. He always spams them with a title like,

EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD READ THIS NOW !!

LOL !

Yeah, just like all the phony pictures from the top of the World Trade Center that got sent out within days of the WTC's destruction.

wtcplane.jpg

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
Terrorists generally kill a few tens of people in an attack- sometimes a few thousand, as on 9/11. When governments get out of control, they kill MILLIONS. So yes, I'm much less afraid of the terrorist threat than I am of the totalitarian threat.
Exactly right.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gordie wrote:
Stop believing everything you hear in the politically correct news media.  Although some of the Muslims in this country, and others, want to live in peace with other religions, the leaders of their religion do not share these desires.
Do I sound politically correct to you? I declared these people live in "sandy hovels", and I've challenged the assertion that Islam is a religion with a promising future (or any future at all).

Squid13

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:
Terrorists generally kill a few tens of people in an attack- sometimes a few thousand, as on 9/11. When governments get out of control, they kill MILLIONS. So yes, I'm much less afraid of the terrorist threat than I am of the totalitarian threat.
Exactly right.
+1 indeed