• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So absurd I gotta post it

Bailenforcer

It's worse than you think.

About four years ago a member of the Parliament proposed a total bans on knives. yes even butter knives! It was kicked around and finally the bill was allowed to die after the people got upset that they couldn't even possess kitchen knives in their homes. yes it really happened and was reported on here in the media. This is how bad it will get of we allow these fools to have our GOD Given rights.

NHCGRPR45

HEY! wait a second! hold the phone all you UK haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can still own firearms in england!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so long as its a single shot bolt action rifle! or even the evil shotguns! as long they stay at the "hunt club.!" and can be retrieved at anytime by the Goverment! and you can pass the background check and DNA sample and and biometric data computer thingy and are not tall, short, have any kind of bad body odor, which i think is reasonable, i mean do you really want someone who stinks to be owning guns or for heaven sakes shooting near you? you become distracted and accidently shoot someone?
and what legal purpose could you posably have for owning a knife? i mean we they have sporks! why by god do you ever need, or want to cut something! hell the have child safe scissors! those are pretty safe as long as you register, serial number, have a scissor lock with a key,and are willing to have armed "bobbies" come inspect your scissor at anytime, without notice, just to make sure it locked up when not in use. also there will be a strict 1 scissor per house, and i scissor lifetime limit!.
so c'mon with all this common sense law why shouldn't they restrict knives, think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some poor kid might require a band-aid, and with sky rocketing medical bills any common sense rule or law could only benefit the children!!!!!!!!!!
in fact i think i am moveing to london, screw america, i want my goverment to tell me how safe i am and take care of my every need, at least in england you don't have all these wackos and nutjobs just carrrying around HANDGUNS ON THEIR HIPS LIKE JOHN WAYNE! just yesterday i saw one of these sickos BUYING A CANDY BAR!!!!!!!!!! he just walked in and, picked it up and paid for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the he looked at me and said have a nice day!!!! i fainted dead away!
yup, here i come england! i feel safer already!

erb

I've carried a knife ever since I was 8(?). It's just normal.

I like Kershaw - Ken Onion's designs rule.

SlowDog

Well ladies and gents hold on to your panties. NYC has just proposed a total ban on carrying knives in the city. No pocket knives or box cutters or anything. I use a 2 bladed knife I got from Smith & Wesson that I carry everywhere I go. I use it as a tool on my Semi and as a last resort defense weapon. I guess when I go to NYC I need to leave it at the border from now on....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Well ladies and gents hold on to your panties. NYC has just proposed a total ban on carrying knives in the city. No pocket knives or box cutters or anything. I use a 2 bladed knife I got from Smith & Wesson that I carry everywhere I go. I use it as a tool on my Semi and as a last resort defense weapon. I guess when I go to NYC I need to leave it at the border from now on....

About four years ago a member of the Parliament proposed a total bans on knives. yes even butter knives! It was kicked around and finally the bill was allowed to die after the people got upset that they couldn't even possess kitchen knives in their homes. yes it really happened and was reported on here in the media. This is how bad it will get of we allow these fools to have our GOD Given rights.
I do remember that, it was idiotic. I also heard that some company was working on a knife that you could cut with, but not stab with. I don't know if this ever was designed. I guess it's time for a google search.