• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so I almost broke a guy's wrist in wal-mart...

jbone

imported post

That's some man purse, "I mean BAG in a a deep voice. The Duke would turn in his grave. :lol:

unreconstructed1

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Wow, this thread came back? Crazy! I wasn't even getting e-mail updates on it. I'll try to get a picture of it posted. It's not that big at all, yet it easily holds a full-sized handgun.
some of the "classics" are just too good to die, and the image of a full grown man beating the snot out of another man with his purse is just classic.:celebrate

tedwitt

imported post

It sounds like it to me too, sounds like Expowhateverhisnameis should just close the hole and mine his own business...........had you broken the wrist, the kid would have learned a valuable lesson from it, something to teach his kids and grandkids. Something that might save their lives some day. To Mind Their Own Business and remember the thing they were taught in the first grade,,,,,,,if it ain't yours, keep you hands off of it..........I'm done now.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

tedwitt wrote:
Where can I find this bag in the Houston, Tx. Area?
Well I know the bag is available online at http://www.maxpedition.com I believe. All of their various carry bags and such are there. You may be able to find cheaper prices else where, both online and in stores. As far as locally, unfortunately I can't be much help there.

pacrimescode5904

imported post

Being highly secure in my manhood... My wife, kid and I refer to my maxpedition bag as my man purse. My friend, a 340 pound Dominican bounty hunter will not allow me to refer to it as a man purse but insists that I call it an "equipment bag" (he says) like Jack Bauer on 24...

Embrace the bag. Don't let anyone touch the bag. Guy grabs your sack (I mean bag) and he's at the very least harassing you (in PA), perhaps he is in the process of robbing you.

My Jumbo Maxpedition is 2 years old and I love it. Can lug around not only the nalgene bottle of H20,but a couple of extra mags, a set of cuffs and a can of OC with extra room for a wallet and my Springfield Armory .45

unreconstructed1

imported post

pacrimescode5904 wrote:
My Jumbo Maxpedition is 2 years old and I love it. Can lug around not only the nalgene bottle of H20,but a couple of extra mags, a set of cuffs and a can of OC with extra room for a wallet and my Springfield Armory .45

but dammit, my man bag can carry all that AND several tubes of lipstick....

ok, sorry I just couldn't resist. I'll leave the man bag thing alone now.

honestly, I say whatever works for you. persoally I wouldn't have one, but that's just because I prefer to carry what I need in my pockets or on my belt. it's harder to accidentally leave it sitting somewhere.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I'm browsing threads tonight hoping to find info before I post a new thread and stumbled here....

To the OP, what would be the difference in you reacting to a grabbed murse and a lady reacting to a grabbed purse? I guess I pose that question because I don't see a difference when it comes to personal property, especially since handbags and purses are stolen off woman's shoulders so often and very easily by perps skimming by.

I think you reacted exactly as a lady would have in that situation. And I'm not saying that to criticize or joke. I mean that you reacted from zero to a hundred in no time flat and that's exactly how a lady would react in the same situation getting mugged. And if something did happen that security was called to sort it out, the lady would get her purse back and a pat on the back for defending herself against two no-gooders.

I suppose there could be the argument against you that you're a man and you can be expected to reasonably defend yourself. But that sounds a bit off to me. Considering you do have valuables in your murse and the guy got his hands on it very quickly. For all you know, you were getting mugged. There were two of them, and only you in an isolated aisle of the store.

Ok, just a Monday morning a year later quarterbacking...

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

"Overreaction" would have been taking action after you had determined that there was no actual threat. However, anyone taking 'interest' in any of my personal possessions is cause for increased awareness and plan of action. And actually handling my possessions would be cause for said action. Personal property is personal property and should not be subject to the whims of others, no matter what it is (ie: a gun or a bottle of water)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

lol well sure. The date was acknowledged in my reply.

Does the date make the information any less helpful to someone else?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Shorts wrote:
lol well sure. The date was acknowledged in my reply.

Does the date make the information any less helpful to someone else?
:pI'm just giving you crap lol. :D