• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So I open Carried at the Nevada Highway Patrol Headquarters today

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I sure will keep posting, I am trying to get the audio out as well. It is from the initial encounter. There has been quite a bit of action actually (behind the scenes) but the powers in the NHP are lobbying the legislature (on our behalf im sure) so they will have the serious stuff take place starting next week, in regards to the incident.

Also Tiger Lily (took the NHP video) had an OC encounter today, I cannot wait for her to post. Her vid is awesome

M

McX

great video. love the: we stand up for your rights, just not here inference(s). Tell them what they are doing is illegal, and they just step around it, and not even address it. but then again, we told the Madison PD what they were doing to us was illegal at Culver's on that fateful night, and they didnt care either. got the stupid deer in the headlights look from them too when i mentioned to them; dont you realize were your allies? I guess you dont have to be real smart to be a cop.

jdholmes

I did it in CA i informed the officer that I was placing him under citizens arrest for and i cited the law and i told his supervisor to take my prisoner and transport him . And the supervisor did Got thrown out at court but still

Do you have any documentation to prove that? Just seems really unlikely...sorry to doubt.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

So I recieved a letter from Capt. Thom Jackson, it stated that he indeed saw no law that prevented me from OCing in the public building, however i was informed that I would be consistantly "ASKED" (guns drawn again?) not to. The Big guy has been doing some awsome work in henderson, so I tickled the Captain with this letter tonight.

Dear Capt. Thom Jackson,

It appears that the DMV has been enjoined with the City of Henderson, the response is pasted below:

During the week of April 25, the City Attorney informed our elected representatives, that although she holds sincere reservations regarding permitting access to City buildings and facilities by armed individuals, the current state of the law does not permit the City to unilaterally make this decision. Consequently the signage on City buildings will be changed to "No Concealed Firearms Allowed in this Building Except by authorized Law Enforcement Personnel per NRS 202.3673." I do not know how long it will take to change the signs.

The City Attorney's reservations to permitting firearms in municipal offices and facilities are based upon legal considerations the United States Supreme Court has recognized as reasonable and not in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S.Ct 2783, 2816-1817 (2008) the Court said "nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualification on the commercial sale of arms." The Supreme Court reaffirmed that statement in McDonald v. Chicago, 130 S.Ct 3020 (2010). Unfortunately the Nevada Legislature has failed to enact any reasonable restrictions upon the open carrying of firearms, with the exception of NRS 218A.905 which prohibits the possession of any firearm in the Legislative !
Building or any other place where the Legislature is meeting and NRS 202.265 which prohibits the possession of a firearm on the property of a school or child care facility.

Robert Zentz
Assistant City Attorney
223 Lead Street, MSC 211
P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009-5050
Telephone: (702) 267-1200 Fax: (702) 267- 5001

I understand that your office has elected to utilize the "harder" signage That METRO uses, however METRO has not dealt with this issue yet (but they will) and it is the law that you are tasked to enforce, not the sign. This Letter was addressed to another GL member and the preamble was not relevant, however I kept all contact information, so you can verify at will.

David Stilwell

Guerrilla Lawfare

Badger Johnson

It appears to me that some law writers are just not very bright. Some laws say 'no illegal firearms'. Well my firearm is not illegal, so I must be exempt (just what is an illegal firearm?).

In other laws it says concealed not permitted, but why not? They seem to be trying to keep people with no permit from carrying concealed, such as felons and the mentally ill. Since when has a sign deterred a felon or a crazy person?

One has to wonder what their intent is when they write these vague ordinances.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

The food chain.

So I recieved a letter from Capt. Thom Jackson, it stated that he indeed saw no law that prevented me from OCing in the public building, however i was informed that I would be consistantly "ASKED" (guns drawn again?) not to. The Big guy has been doing some awsome work in henderson, so I tickled the Captain with this letter tonight.

Dear Capt. Thom Jackson,

It appears that the DMV has been enjoined with the City of Henderson, the response is pasted below:

During the week of April 25, the City Attorney informed our elected representatives, that although she holds sincere reservations regarding permitting access to City buildings and facilities by armed individuals, the current state of the law does not permit the City to unilaterally make this decision. Consequently the signage on City buildings will be changed to "No Concealed Firearms Allowed in this Building Except by authorized Law Enforcement Personnel per NRS 202.3673." I do not know how long it will take to change the signs.

The City Attorney's reservations to permitting firearms in municipal offices and facilities are based upon legal considerations the United States Supreme Court has recognized as reasonable and not in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S.Ct 2783, 2816-1817 (2008) the Court said "nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualification on the commercial sale of arms." The Supreme Court reaffirmed that statement in McDonald v. Chicago, 130 S.Ct 3020 (2010). Unfortunately the Nevada Legislature has failed to enact any reasonable restrictions upon the open carrying of firearms, with the exception of NRS 218A.905 which prohibits the possession of any firearm in the Legislative !
Building or any other place where the Legislature is meeting and NRS 202.265 which prohibits the possession of a firearm on the property of a school or child care facility.

Robert Zentz
Assistant City Attorney
223 Lead Street, MSC 211
P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009-5050
Telephone: (702) 267-1200 Fax: (702) 267- 5001

I understand that your office has elected to utilize the "harder" signage That METRO uses, however METRO has not dealt with this issue yet (but they will) and it is the law that you are tasked to enforce, not the sign. This Letter was addressed to another GL member and the preamble was not relevant, however I kept all contact information, so you can verify at will.

David Stilwell

Guerrilla Lawfare

What about going up the ladder to higher authorities?

Deputy Chief Kevin Tice
Southern Command
ktice@dps.state.nv.us
(702) 432-5001

Chris Perry, DPS acting Director
Department of Public Safety, 555 Wright Way, Carson City, NV 89711-0900
(775) 684-4808 . FAX: (775) 684-4809

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

What about going up the ladder to higher authorities?

Deputy Chief Kevin Tice
Southern Command
ktice@dps.state.nv.us
(702) 432-5001

Chris Perry, DPS acting Director
Department of Public Safety, 555 Wright Way, Carson City, NV 89711-0900
(775) 684-4808 . FAX: (775) 684-4809

TBG

I have been told that the "AG's office is loking at it" In the mean time I OC'ed into the Clark County School dist. Police HQ's Last week, They did not have quite the "COW" that NHP did.