• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So it begins

camsoup

Depends on why they would be drawing the weapon. If it was to arrest, then maybe you're right; But if it was just to insure officer and bystander safety WHILE they approached and demanded inspection, then I doubt any court would find harm.

Guns are bad...

Guns escalate situations towards violence...

We carry guns for protection, why are the police allowed to draw theirs at will, should we not be able to do the same? I don't know officer A from anyone, what if he has his gun drawn and is planning to shoot me just because of the mere sight of my gun?

If the first two statements are true, why would an officer want to draw his weapon to further escalate a non violent situation? His safety does not trump MY rights...he isn't being forced to do the job, he knows the risks and understood them when he signed up for the job. He took an oath to defend the constitution, taking a right from me so he can "feel" safer isn't upholding that constitution!