• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So now I'm an anti

Freedom1Man

This whole hubalooo is about the AR carried by a OCer in Wisconson. AND the 700 IS NOT a AR or a common rifle to open carry. It is a bullpoop comparison, because there is no evidence of OCers of long guns rifles magically discharging without the trigger being pulled.

Unless you can pull a case of a OCer with REMINGTON 700 who has had a ND... Otherwise it is a weak attempt to twist like a progressive anti gun zealot.

Hunting is OCing. A hunter is often the OCer of a hunting rifle and it was hunters while OCing that discovered this issue in the field.

WalkingWolf

Hunting is OCing. A hunter is often the OCer of a hunting rifle and it was hunters while OCing that discovered this issue in the field.

Utter bullstinkingpoop. Hunting is not OCing, it is hunting. Even though a gun is carried during hunting it is for a completely different purpose. Either you have a stat or you don't. So far you don't and still peddling the smelly stuff.

JustaShooter

Utter bullstinkingpoop. Hunting is not OCing, it is hunting. Even though a gun is carried during hunting it is for a completely different purpose. Either you have a stat or you don't. So far you don't and still peddling the smelly stuff.

And yet another qualification - it must be a case of an OCer OCing solely for the purpose of OCing carrying the same type of long gun that exhibits a malfunction and discharges without someone pressing the trigger.

Classic. Liberal. Tactic.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
And yet another qualification - it must be a case of an OCer OCing solely for the purpose of OCing carrying the same type of long gun that exhibits a malfunction and discharges without someone pressing the trigger.

Yup. He keeps moving the goalposts.

I never said long guns will fire without the trigger being pressed (although, indeed, some have). What I said was that an uncovered trigger may be pressed unintentionally.

How is hunting not OC? A long gun is being carried, presumably loaded.

Is WW suddenly the arbiter of what purpose constitutes legitimate OC? Hypocrite, much?

WalkingWolf

You knew what the context of this discussion, you decided to take it on a wild tangent that was not even closely related. Only a fool would buy your argument, or make it.

WalkingWolf

Yup. He keeps moving the goalposts.

I never said long guns will fire without the trigger being pressed (although, indeed, some have). What I said was that an uncovered trigger may be pressed unintentionally.

How is hunting not OC? A long gun is being carried, presumably loaded.

Is WW suddenly the arbiter of what purpose constitutes legitimate OC? Hypocrite, much?

Are your feelings still bruised, well that is a classic trait of liberal anti gun fanatics.

WalkingWolf

*I* took it on a wild tangent? Hardly.

Name calling - yet another liberal tactic.

I call it as I see it, you are trying to use a rifle and situations that are not even related to OC or RKBA. Wild A$$ excuses and trying to make a square peg fit a round hole are common liberal ANTI gun tactics.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bottom line - I will never appreciate or condone have a gun pointed at me whether on purpose or unintentionally: Muzzle sweep at a gun show, some shoulder riggs, too casual handling, or improper "tabling."

One cannot be hurt/injured/killed by a gun pointed only in a safe direction.

Notwithstanding spontanious ignition, dropping a gun or otherwise non-intended mechanical release of the firing mechanism, there is much to be gained in the safety of a physically protected trigger.

I want all of the protection and I can receive - no surprises.

JustaShooter

I call it as I see it, you are trying to use a rifle and situations that are not even related to OC or RKBA. Wild A$$ excuses and trying to make a square peg fit a round hole are common liberal ANTI gun tactics.

So now *I'm* an anti? Please, cite the post where I do anything you've described.

WalkingWolf

So now *I'm* an anti? Please, cite the post where I do anything you've described.

If it walks like duck, and quacks like a duck it is a duck. If you post like a anti, you are a anti. It doesn't help when you post complete bovine scatology in frail attempt to make a valid argument. You do exactly what the anit's do, post non relevant dogma hoping somebody, anybody will buy it. You should be embarrassed.

JustaShooter

If it walks like duck, and quacks like a duck it is a duck. If you post like a anti, you are a anti. It doesn't help when you post complete bovine scatology in frail attempt to make a valid argument. You do exactly what the anit's do, post non relevant dogma hoping somebody, anybody will buy it. You should be embarrassed.

I have done nothing of the sort. (Setting up a straw man and attacking it - another liberal tactic.) If you cannot cite the post where I do anything that makes me an anti then it is you that are posting bovine scatology and should be embarrassed.

WalkingWolf

I have done nothing of the sort. (Setting up a straw man and attacking it - another liberal tactic.) If you cannot cite the post where I do anything that makes me an anti then it is you that are posting bovine scatology and should be embarrassed.

YES you have! The Remington incidents have NOTHING to do with OC, absolutely nothing. On top of that the gun in question is a AR. You are doing exactly what the Brady Bunch does, EXACTLY. So if you quack like Brady Bunch, you must align yourself with that bunch of libtard wackos.

And you are the one who wants to limit liberty and you have the gall to call me a liberal! Just shameful, you are embarrassing yourself.

Added that the problem with the 700 comes when the safety is switched off, REQUIRING THE GUN TO BE HANDLED, NOT BUMPED. Not anywhere even near what was being conversed.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

YES you have! The Remington incidents have NOTHING to do with OC, absolutely nothing. On top of that the gun in question is a AR.
Added that the problem with the 700 comes when the safety is switched off, REQUIRING THE GUN TO BE HANDLED, NOT BUMPED. Not anywhere even near what was being conversed.

I have never said anything even remotely like what you are claiming. Please cite the post where I have done so or stop making such claims.

You are doing exactly what the Brady Bunch does, EXACTLY. So if you quack like Brady Bunch, you must align yourself with that bunch of libtard wackos.

Wow, this could have been taken straight from from Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals - another liberal tactic.

And you are the one who wants to limit liberty

I have done nothing of the sort. Please cite the post where I have done so or keep your accusations to yourself.

WalkingWolf

I have never said anything even remotely like what you are claiming. Please cite the post where I have done so or stop making such claims.

Wow, this could have been taken straight from from Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals - another liberal tactic.

I have done nothing of the sort. Please cite the post where I have done so or keep your accusations to yourself.

Are you not claiming the R 700 is an example of a OC firearm discharging all by itself? You are just being silly now because your feelings are hurt. That is the problem when thinking like a liberal with emotions instead of facts. You have a lot of nerve calling others who defend the right of individuals to make decisions for themselves liberals, when you advocate by social pressure limiting means and type of carry. Very hypocritical of you.

You put up stats that have nothing to do with OC, Brady Bunch tactics, you should be ashamed of yourself.

JustaShooter

Are you not claiming the R 700 is an example of a OC firearm discharging all by itself?

I have made no such claim. Cite where I have done so.

You are just being silly now because your feelings are hurt.

I am not being silly, nor are my feelings hurt. I am, however, disgusted that a supposedly like-minded individual would accuse me of being an anti without anything upon which to base such an accusation. You, sir, owe me an apology.

You put up stats that have nothing to do with OC, Brady Bunch tactics, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have done no such thing.

If you cannot cite where I have done any of the things you claim, it is you that are hypocritical and should be ashamed.

I await your apology.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

CA requires drop testing ... worried about a discharge? See if the model passed the CA drop test ... if on the list, it passed and you can drop your gun all you want (not recommended ! - it will scuff the finish)

I spoke to the gentleman who manages this database and he is not aware of ANY modern gun that has failed their drop testing requirement. In fact, I use the stupid testing requirement of CA as evidence to prove that guns are safer than spoons. The antis hate this argument ~ using liberal inspired results to support RBKA.

Now, just because your gun's model is not on the database list currently does not mean anything really - its a current list of new guns for sale on the current market. I guess you could ask via a FOIA request for the entire database that is tucked away somewhere. The guy I spoke to said about 10,000 model guns over the years have been tested and passed.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The first few exchanges between advocates of dissenting opinions was reasonably on topic. After a point, these post/reply/post/reply become redundent and tiresome. Repetition of the same over and over only means that there is nothing new to be added.

Please take it to PM. You can always let us know if one or the other is swayed/convinced, minding the rule on not divulging the contents of a PM.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

CA requires drop testing ... worried about a discharge? See if the model passed the CA drop test ... if on the list, it passed and you can drop your gun all you want (not recommended ! - it will scuff the finish)

I spoke to the gentleman who manages this database and he is not aware of ANY modern gun that has failed their drop testing requirement. In fact, I use the stupid testing requirement of CA as evidence to prove that guns are safer than spoons. The antis hate this argument ~ using liberal inspired results to support RBKA.

Now, just because your gun's model is not on the database list currently does not mean anything really - its a current list of new guns for sale on the current market. I guess you could ask via a FOIA request for the entire database that is tucked away somewhere. The guy I spoke to said about 10,000 model guns over the years have been tested and passed.

Non-series 80 1911s can pass a CA drop test, and yet non-series 80 1911s have been known to discharge when dropped directly on the muzzle (rare, but possible).

Methinks you may be (uncharacteristically) giving government too much credit.