• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So um... I got confronted at WalMart again today....

Evans86

imported post

rimfire wrote:
If I go to a 7-11 late at nigt to get some cigarettes and some young men walk in dress sloppy with hoodies, especially in the summer. I looked to see what their companions look like and am aware that something may happen. 90 % of these young men are harmless and have no intention to rob anyone. But ignoring cues of criminal dress styles and walks is foolish. In my state MD we can not legally carry OC or CCW. I don't have the luxury of thatand have a means to shoot back. All I could do is get out the way and try to avoid a robbery situation.
rimfire, I do believe that in MD you can file for a CCW. It is a may-issue state though. That means that you are not guarantied the CCW but the state does have it. The issuing authority must feel you have a reason to obtain the CCW and to carry.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Aran wrote:
I was relying on a long t-shirt to cover my Glock, as usual (I'd have just let it do what it wanted if I weren't at WalMart, but I at do the very least to cover it while I'm there, as their LP guy is a hardass and I'm tired of talking to him and the state police) wandering through the store, picking up about $40 in stuff throughout various departments.

As I was walking through automotive to get to the checkout (I came in the automotive entrance since I was mostly there to go to the bicycle section for a cheap headlight/taillight) I saw their LP guy come running into the aisle, see me there, sigh, and walk off.

Then as I was checking out, I heard over the walkie talkie at the register, "Yeah, it's just him. He's at the automotive checkout" and the cashier and I just shared a "What're you gonna do, it's life." look, I finished checking out, and went out and started up my motorcycle.

The manager came out, a big guy (About my height, but about 1.5x bigger around than me) named Ken, flagged me down as I started to leave my parking spot, so I pulled up to him and shut it down.

We only talked for about a minute and 45 seconds (Way longer than it took me to type all this) and he basically just said "Hey, WE know you're not doing anything wrong, but could you be a little more careful to keep that covered? We know you have your LTCF (called it a carry permit, naturally, though I politely corrected him and elaborated briefly that it was still legal to open carry, even with an LTCF) but we keep getting customers coming to tell us about your gun, and they're concerned, and frankly they're bothering us." (Note that he didn't say it exactly that way, but tone, word choice, and inflection says a lot.). He did bring up the last incident just as a "Yeah, we know who you are, and we've talked to you" but said nothing about the first one, which I brought up myself and he looked kind of concerned about how it played out.

So after I told him yeah, I've been trying to keep it covered, but only in WalMart, out of courtesy to them, he thanked me and told me to have a good day.

Not bothered in the least by this "confrontation", as he seemed like a nice guy and he really had no issue with it.

As I was pulling out, I looked past him and there was another manager and the loss prevention guy, the latter with a huge scowl on his face, practically hunkered down and using a car waiting for an oil change as a shield, watching like they were in some cheesy cop movie during hostage negotiations leading up to a gunfight.

And on the way home, a guy in a pickup truck creeped through the intersection that I was waiting at and yelled "Hey, nice haaaaaair" with a big grin.

I don't think today's shirt choice of a day-glow orange t-shirt with my recently bright orange dyed hair was such a great choice, aesthetically :p

Well, just to tell you.

I went to the Walmart on Redwood & 5400 S yesterday and I was there due to the wife wanting to pick up some stuff. We were there for maybe 45 min.

As we walked outside to the car we past a Taylorsville Crusier sitting outside. He was on my strong side so he would not been able to miss that I OCed my 4006.

TJ

Deanimator

imported post

rimfire wrote:
So will Mexicans and blacks in inner citty get hassled and maybe shot while OC if OC gets common. I do not know, but the transition to getting police and society used to idea that OC is OK can get messy.

Gun control got it's start by a bunch of black activists marching while armed in CA back in the 60's .
[sarcasm]Boy, I'm sure glad Mexicans and Blacks in the inner city AREN'T getting "hassled and maybe shot" NOW.[/sarcasm] Here's an idea for you, watch this:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/killedoncamera/

Gun control got it's "start" AT LEAST as early as the 18th Century, in an attempt to prevent uprisings against White controlled colonial governments by Black slaves and Indians. It continued with post-Civil War legislation to protect the Klan and other terrorist groups by ensuring that their potential victims were not armed. It continues to this day with the gun bans in places like Chicago.

The history of gun control in the United States is the history of violent White supremacism.