• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something Interesting Happened To Me Today At Shooter's Sports In Racine!

oak1971

it was owned by police and ex police. The old guy that I was speaking with is the friendly guy that often offers his advice (freely) on the range and in the store about shooting stances, ammo, guns, etc. I've spoken with him several times in the past and he is the nicest person there. I have to admit though that yesterday the place was extremely busy and it took almost two hours to get the prices looked up for nine revolvers. People were coming and going and buying guns, ammo, bow and arrows and renting guns for the range. The range had no open lanes most of the time I was there. I didn't witness one single incident of rudeness by the three men working there or the young lady that was helping me. If they have good customer ethics and continue practicing them I will continue spending my cash there. If that changes then I will go elsewhere.

I shot leagues there for the better part of 15 years. My only complaints are range maintenance issues and prices. I've had both good and bad customer service there, it depends on who is working that day. Not a bad place, but I wish there was an alternative in the Kenosha -Racine area to give them an incentive to go above and beyond. So far they have the market to themselves.

That is a sweet looking revolver by the way.

Last edited:
M

McX

i beleive there is an arms race developing between RAK and OldSchool, i propose a naval blockade, and that i get to sieze all the guns!

Zeus

I'm not a big revolver guy but that is a beautiful gun! I have been told by older and wiser gents, that the .41 Mag is the best all around caliber there is. I would like to have one someday.

stickbow95

Congrats on the nice piece. Looks like a hunter model.
While I'm not a .41 Mag fan, I am a huge SA revolver fan. A .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible is on my short list as well.

protias

I thought you were out of the running!
ohsnap.jpg

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
.41 Magnum....gotta love em!

I'm not a big revolver guy but that is a beautiful gun! I have been told by older and wiser gents, that the .41 Mag is the best all around caliber there is. I would like to have one someday.

I bought my .41 Magnum Blackhawk in 1980 when I didn't know much about revolvers from S&W, Ruger, etc. I bought the .41 Magnum since it was the "Red headed step child" of revolver calibers and I just plain liked it.

If you do decide to get a .41 Magnum you may want to invest in reloading for it. Ammo for it is expensive (what isn't these days?) and usually only a few bullet types are available commercially loaded. It is a real blast to shoot, especially in a single action revolver!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Oh no...McX STILL wants a 1911! He will NEVER be happy until he gets one....or two..

I thought you were out of the running!

We may just have to pass the hat at church and open carry events to get enough money to get him a 1911. The problem then would be "WHICH ONE?" My guess is we would have to get him a 1911 no one else has (except Oldschool I am sure!). I wonder if anyone has a Thompson 1911 in our crowd? Those are nice 1911's and Thompson is selling a "100 Year Anniversary" edition of the 1911. Nice! :)

oldschool

We may just have to pass the hat at church and open carry events to get enough money to get him a 1911. The problem then would be "WHICH ONE?" My guess is we would have to get him a 1911 no one else has (except Oldschool I am sure!). I wonder if anyone has a Thompson 1911 in our crowd? Those are nice 1911's and Thompson is selling a "100 Year Anniversary" edition of the 1911. Nice! :)

I only have one 1911 a Springfield 1911 A1 only carried once at the Madison Culvers the Sunday Sept 19 in honor of Frank.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
1911 Carry Event!

I only have one 1911 a Springfield 1911 A1 only carried once at the Madison Culvers the Sunday Sept 19 in honor of Frank.

Hmm...only one? What is WRONG with you?! :) I only have one as well and I got it because it is a Remington R1 1911 that they just started making last year. Haven't taken it out of the box since I bought it except to show it to McX. I had to wipe the drool off it after that to prevent rusting and wipe it down with CLP. :)

I really like the Thompson 1911's and the price is good too. I got quotes of $560 for the parkerized basic model and $600 for the next one up. The Anniversary edition should sell for about $660 or so.

Too many guns to buy, not enough money......

So we should have a "1911 Carry Event" one day. That would be interesting!

oldschool

Hmm...only one? What is WRONG with you?! :) I only have one as well and I got it because it is a Remington R1 1911 that they just started making last year. Haven't taken it out of the box since I bought it except to show it to McX. I had to wipe the drool off it after that to prevent rusting and wipe it down with CLP. :)

I really like the Thompson 1911's and the price is good too. I got quotes of $560 for the parkerized basic model and $600 for the next one up. The Anniversary edition should sell for about $660 or so.

Too many guns to buy, not enough money......

So we should have a "1911 Carry Event" one day. That would be interesting!

Although it will probably be considered heresy on this forum I must admit I'm a much bigger fan of the Hi power.
I can definitely relate to the Mcx drool problem I think I've wiped an ocean of that stuff of my guns.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Although it will probably be considered heresy on this forum I must admit I'm a much bigger fan of the Hi power.
I can definitely relate to the Mcx drool problem I think I've wiped an ocean of that stuff of my guns.

LOL! I have always like the original 1935 Browning Hi Power but never got the chance to get one. I want an OLD one, not a new one. Sigh... I had one in my hands in 1998 and even got to shoot it. Wow what a great gun. The problem was the person who owned it KNEW what it was and that it was worth a good bit. I couldn't get her to sell it to me for any price. :(

oldschool

LOL! I have always like the original 1935 Browning Hi Power but never got the chance to get one. I want an OLD one, not a new one. Sigh... I had one in my hands in 1998 and even got to shoot it. Wow what a great gun. The problem was the person who owned it KNEW what it was and that it was worth a good bit. I couldn't get her to sell it to me for any price. :(

At the bob and rocco gun shows there is a regular that has three or four older ones if you have an extra $1500 laying around

M

McX

Boys, laugh at me all you want, one word; Super-Glue and your guns shall be mine!

M

McX

i would be willing to accept Franks, after i use the super-glue remover on it to get my hand free.

added on edit; yes, we need to start a Church, The Church of the 1911.

Last edited: