• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound (Olympia area) meetup 8 July 2012

DamonK

Enroute from lacey with fried chicken, giant sub and pepsi, mtd, and dr p!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TechnoWeenie

Enroute from lacey with fried chicken, giant sub and pepsi, mtd, and dr p!

I'll grab some sides from Winco.

Unless someone is bringing a grill, I'll leave meat at home.

I do have sweet tea.

Last edited:

DamonK

I'm here. I got 2 picnic tables and moved them into the shade under some trees. Maybe folks can bring chairs if they want to.

Schlepnier

Alright damon, i will bring the ice then as it looks like you dont need my buns anymore or my condiments :p
:banana:

i overslept a bit so its just after 12 here see you in about 30-40 minutes...assuming i dont get lost.

cpgrad08

A pic from the event.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341776384935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341776384935.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 115

DamonK

Here's an other photo. Good times:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341790756045.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341790756045.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 112

Bill Starks

State Researcher
A couple more pics:
2012-07-08_12-41-02_838.jpg

2012-07-08_12-41-12_617.jpg

And then the trip home, the puppy boinked...
2012-07-08_16-04-22_484.jpg

WOD

I was planning on coming, but those two weeks of rain kept me from getting ahead on the work I need to get done. This place grows faster than one guy can work....

aa1911

new here, want to join you fellas at some point; I'm trying to gather up as many folks next month (11/12 Aug, Sat/Sun) a little further north either Seattle or Federal Way area for an open carry meet. Don't want to reinvent the wheel too much so want to jump in to what's already going on. Want to do some OC meets in Oly area also as it is closer and easier for me to get to from the sticks out here.

Also wanted to find out from you guys if anyone is still doing the I-5 armed cleanup 2nd Sunday of each month? I want to participate in that also, there's a little bit of paperwork involved but looks like a good gathering potential.

Thanks fellas, look forward to the next OC meet :banana:

DamonK

new here, want to join you fellas at some point; I'm trying to gather up as many folks next month (11/12 Aug, Sat/Sun) a little further north either Seattle or Federal Way area for an open carry meet. Don't want to reinvent the wheel too much so want to jump in to what's already going on. Want to do some OC meets in Oly area also as it is closer and easier for me to get to from the sticks out here.

Also wanted to find out from you guys if anyone is still doing the I-5 armed cleanup 2nd Sunday of each month? I want to participate in that also, there's a little bit of paperwork involved but looks like a good gathering potential.

Thanks fellas, look forward to the next OC meet :banana:

Well, the federal way meetup is usually the second saturday of the month(I think) and we usually do ours in Olympia on the sunday. By all means, go a head and post a meetup, folks will show. And welcome!

aa1911

Very good, thanks for the response; hope to be a solid contributor here and looking forward to participating in as many OC meets as I can attend. I will try and link up with the Federal Way guys, have at least a couple other folks (friends and a couple guys on a different forum) interested in doing this also.

If the I-5 cleanup is going on I will try to attend that, otherwise I might join you folks in Oly.

Spoke with Mark Knapp yesterday on the phone, going to try and meet up with him tomorrow for some advice; anybody use him or talk with him before? He's a firearms friendly lawyer local here in Federal Way.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Very good, thanks for the response; hope to be a solid contributor here and looking forward to participating in as many OC meets as I can attend. I will try and link up with the Federal Way guys, have at least a couple other folks (friends and a couple guys on a different forum) interested in doing this also.

If the I-5 cleanup is going on I will try to attend that, otherwise I might join you folks in Oly.

Spoke with Mark Knapp yesterday on the phone, going to try and meet up with him tomorrow for some advice; anybody use him or talk with him before? He's a firearms friendly lawyer local here in Federal Way.

I have contacted Mark before. You can contact me PM for info.