• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spouse disagrees

Freedom1Man

SNIP

When I was stationed on Guam the Japanese tourists would flock to the gunshops to test fire every weapon they could get their hands on. Deprive a People from something and they will find a way.

I've had a similar experience with college exchange students and HS teachers. From Japan.

Went to a local indoor range and they had fun. The only thing they were worried about was needing a special license to shoot at the range. I had paid for a case rental so we were not stuck with just one pistol.

Last edited:

ron73440

Thanks. Sorry for the delayed reply been moving to a new home and was crazy long day yesterday few more to come HA HA.

Yeah see my wife's older so little more set in her ways but that is what I am hoping to try and do is convince her enough of these facts that she will relax and not mind and then hopefully get interested enough not to shoot as I doubt she ever would but interested enough not to mind me carrying and such and going to the range.

My wife is also Japanese and she was very anti-gun when she first moved here, but was open minded enough to listen to the reasons I own guns. It was another hurdle for her when I started OC'ing.

I will probably never get her to shoot, she has come to the range to watch me and the boys shoot and doesn't like being around the noise, but she undestands why I practice and why I teach my sons, so there is never a problem from her on these issues.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be patient and make sure you emphasize why you carry and how safe you are with firearms.