• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sprint Stores going Gunless

Gort

To Sprint Board Inquiries

Anyone able to get this new policy from Sprint themselves? I tried contacting them and they looked into it and said they have no information on it.
Late Post, Took Sprint 40 days to respond.

Dear Mr.****

We have an obligation to provide an atmosphere where our employees and customers who work and shop in our stores feel safe, and we have made the business decision which we think accomplishes that. While Michigan is a state where you can carry a concealed weapon, we ask our employees and customers to keep their weapons in their cars, rather than bring them in our stores. This policy is consistent with Michigan state law.

Sincerely,

Board Inquiries
Sprint Nextel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:50 PM
To: Board Inquiries
Subject: Sprint Store's Policy

A question.
Sprint Stores, refusing Michigan patrons with a gun to enter their store?
Is this a corporate policy, or an individual Sprint store management decision?

This may affect in excess of 300.000 Michigan gun owners that carry everyday.

Thank You,

Jack House

Late Post, Took Sprint 40 days to respond.

Dear Mr.****

We have an obligation to provide an atmosphere where our employees and customers who work and shop in our stores feel safe, and we have made the business decision which we think accomplishes that. While Michigan is a state where you can carry a concealed weapon, we ask our employees and customers to keep their weapons in their cars, rather than bring them in our stores. This policy is consistent with Michigan state law.

Sincerely,

Board Inquiries
Sprint Nextel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:50 PM
To: Board Inquiries
Subject: Sprint Store's Policy

A question.
Sprint Stores, refusing Michigan patrons with a gun to enter their store?
Is this a corporate policy, or an individual Sprint store management decision?

This may affect in excess of 300.000 Michigan gun owners that carry everyday.

Thank You,
"Dear Sprint

As a loyal customer, I am pleased to hear that you are taking my safety and security seriously. It has come to my attention that you have decided to bar gun carrying customers from your stores. You desire to have a safe and positive atmosphere for your stores so that your customers and employees may feel safe. I applaud you for being so concerned about my safety in your stores.

But I have a question. As you probably already know, your weapons free policy can only stop those that reSpect the rules and laws, those who wish to do harm will not be deterred by such policies. How do you plan to ensure my safety against those dead set on causing me harm? Will you have armed security personnel stationed at each and every one of your stores? Will you have these armed security officers accompany me to and from mY car?

I ask this because I take my own personal safety, and the safety of my family very Seriously. It is for this reason that I spent hundreds of dollars, attended a 15 hour safety course and submitted to a thorough background check in order to carry in thE state of Texas.

I highly appreciate Sprint's concern for my safety and well being. But I need assurances that Sprint is going to protect me from any and all threats while visiting my local Sprint store and that Sprint's will have the best tools For the job at their disposal.

I would hate to have to end my business with Sprint because you are unable to protect me while we do business and forbid me from protecting myself.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

WilDChilD

"Dear Sprint

As a loyal customer, I am pleased to hear that you are taking my safety and security seriously. It has come to my attention that you have decided to bar gun carrying customers from your stores. You desire to have a safe and positive atmosphere for your stores so that your customers and employees may feel safe. I applaud you for being so concerned about my safety in your stores.

But I have a question. As you probably already know, your weapons free policy can only stop those that reSpect the rules and laws, those who wish to do harm will not be deterred by such policies. How do you plan to ensure my safety against those dead set on causing me harm? Will you have armed security personnel stationed at each and every one of your stores? Will you have these armed security officers accompany me to and from mY car?

I ask this because I take my own personal safety, and the safety of my family very Seriously. It is for this reason that I spent hundreds of dollars, attended a 15 hour safety course and submitted to a thorough background check in order to carry in thE state of Texas.

I highly appreciate Sprint's concern for my safety and well being. But I need assurances that Sprint is going to protect me from any and all threats while visiting my local Sprint store and that Sprint's will have the best tools For the job at their disposal.

I would hate to have to end my business with Sprint because you are unable to protect me while we do business and forbid me from protecting myself.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

need to add a PS

PS. I will not be leaving my firearm in the car so go piss up a rope!

Last edited:

Bronson

If I was injured, while disarmed, by a mad gunman in a Sprint store would I have a case for a lawsuit against Sprint?

Nope. You are not required to shop at the Sprint store. Even the gov't is only responsible for your safety under certain limited circumstances, like when they take you into custody.

Bronson