• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starbucks anyone?

Brass

I'll be visiting a couple up here in the high country. As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills? If not, where are you planning on getting yours?

O2HeN2

As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills?
They don't stock them, but call ahead and if they have them they'll set some aside for you. If they don't have any and you give them some warning, they'll accumulate some for you (use a bank that you have an account at).

I called my bank and they happened to have 10 on hand. [joke]Figure I'll sell them individually for a tidy profit at the get together.[/joke]

O2

JamesB

I'll be visiting a couple up here in the high country. As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills? If not, where are you planning on getting yours?

I just stopped in at my local branch for another transaction, they happen to have about 30 of them on hand that day.

PikesPeakMtnMan

I'm in.

In fact, I will be at the Starbucks on the SE corner of Garden of the God's Road and Centennial, 1 mile west of I-25 here in Colorado Springs, at 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

I will have my camera in hand if anyone would like to be there. I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.

It's in the West End shopping center. As you're nearing Centennial, get in the left lane, and when you see the West End sign on the south side of Garden of the Gods Rd., make a left, just before the sign. It's about a block before the light.

If you miss it, turn left (South) on Centennial at the light, then make your first left into the shopping center and backtrack to Starbucks.

I'll do my best to try and make this one....but seeing as how I'm currently laid up in the hospital after an accident (not traffic related) I'm not sure if I'll be mobile. An OCer in a wheelchair might change some minds...

JamesB

I'll do my best to try and make this one....but seeing as how I'm currently laid up in the hospital after an accident (not traffic related) I'm not sure if I'll be mobile. An OCer in a wheelchair might change some minds...

ummm, I suggest a shoulder holster to go with the wheelchair as opposed to a hip holster...??

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'll be firmly ensconced in a cubicle at that time, otherwise I'd be there. I do plan on hitting up Starbucks before or after work though. I'm also toying with the idea of writing a Thank You letter to Starbucks corporate for respecting our rights. Best of luck, boys.

If you can make the same Starbucks at GOTG and Centennial after work, let me know what time, and I'll meet you there for my second cup of the day!

M-Taliesin

If you can make the same Starbucks at GOTG and Centennial after work, let me know what time, and I'll meet you there for my second cup of the day!

Hey Amigo!
I intend to be at both gatherings, so if nobody else meets up with you, I'll be your huckleberry!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

bomber

Some constructive criticism: Never give the opposition free press. I would not have mentioned the NGVAC by name.

And that suggestion is worth every cent you paid for it! :)

O2

Rules are for fools.

I'm not worried about it, we are winning and still gaining momentum. Let them get hits on their website, they know most of them come from pro gun people coming to laugh at them. You should see the NGVAC facebook page, it's swarming with pro-gun people.

O2HeN2

...has a loaded, 9 mm Glock G17 with the safety off...

The safety off? I think for the benefit of society we need to license reporters, since they can spew any kind of nonsense they like, just like this "Glock with the safety off" -type comments.

If the pen is mighter than the sword, it needs to be regulated more!

[no, I'm not serious, but it ticks me off that they can spread all the misinformation they want without reprocussion]

O2

since9

Campaign Veteran

M-Taliesin

I'm organizing a similar event in Aurora in the morning on the 14th.

Howdy Bomber!
NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I overslept this morning and missed your meet-up!
There ain't no words to describe my annoyance with myself!
Sorry to have missed it. I was looking forward to it all week. (not bad considering it is only Tuesday!!!)
I'm hoping it went well and you got a good turnout anyways!

Meanwhile, I think I can still make the one down in C-Springs!
At least I didn't oversleep that badly!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

bomber

Howdy Bomber!
NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I overslept this morning and missed your meet-up!
There ain't no words to describe my annoyance with myself!
Sorry to have missed it. I was looking forward to it all week. (not bad considering it is only Tuesday!!!)
I'm hoping it went well and you got a good turnout anyways!

Meanwhile, I think I can still make the one down in C-Springs!
At least I didn't oversleep that badly!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

you're not the only one who overslept. My partner in crime also missed his alarm. I only had 20 minutes so I actually didn't even go in. On a side note, 5 minutes after I pulled up and was waiting for my buddy, an Aurora PD car also pulled in and 2 cops walked in, ordered coffee and actually sat down to drink it. They were also staring at me in my car (could be just because I'm unusually hideous). I waited for anyone else to show but then I had to go. I did end up going to another starbucks right before work, and I OC'ed in there. No one died.

bomber

Why? He's a jerk.

Then again, perhaps he might learn that those who exercise their Constitutional rights aren't the gun nuts he thinks he's talking about. We're simply good citizens. :)

Why not? Jerks make life interesting. He didn't show though. Didn't respond to my email either. I even promised to buy him a cup of coffee.

Polynikes

Made my first stop into the Garden of the Gods/Centennial Starbucks this morning to get some drinks for the family. There was a drive thru line around the building and it was pretty packed inside too. I didn't see any other visible firearms, but I think it's safe to say one way or another, I don't think the Starbucks' stock price is going to take quite the hit that the loonies claimed.