• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks is caving!

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I usually argue that "anti establishments" should be left alone to host the next mass shooting without us being there. My position has been take the high road, even as far as apologizing if warranted, so that we can support a "Pro" 2-A establishment who deserves our respect and currency. While many disagree with me I stumbled on an article today where a gay couple has so far successfully sued a cake decorator and won, because his business did not want to serve the gay couple.

I do not have an issue with gays, And I know they are everywhere, However there does not seem to be an issue for me. When I go to a bar, I do not see dudes dressed up like Marilyn Monroe calling other dudes "B!t(hes." It is simply that I make choices about my environment, and tend to go where I feel welcome. I must wonder if the gay couple would have migrated to THIS particular establishment if the Proprietor and other customers would have been open Carrying, or had religious items all over their shop?

is it possible that we should encourage gay people to be "flaming?" Just as we are considered the gun guy's that are "out of the closet." At the end of the day, do we want to be this gay couple symbolically?

He could have just charged them extra for a specialty cake or something.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/reli...ns-down-gay-couple-because-religious-beliefs#

Turbod'1

Or, he was very aware of that policy.......

Still, that probably meant he was a pinch lucky as well, since, many have stated that they would go to SB armed regardless of their wishy-washy policy.

Which brings up the interesting moral question to those armed, in that:

Do You

1) Take no action. SB chose their stance and are populated heavily by the 'antis'... they now reap what they sow.

2) Take action with the potential to be criticized for not being a public authority (Police).

If I still went to SB, I'd know what I'd say to that question.

We-the-People

Still, that probably meant he was a pinch lucky as well, since, many have stated that they would go to SB armed regardless of their wishy-washy policy.

Which brings up the interesting moral question to those armed, in that:

Do You

1) Take no action. SB chose their stance and are populated heavily by the 'antis'... they now reap what they sow.

2) Take action with the potential to be criticized for not being a public authority (Police).

If I still went to SB, I'd know what I'd say to that question.

I carry a weapon for the protection of me and mine. If I'm not personally under threat I could care less what happens to the rest of the people in a given location, including SB's.

I often have people ask if I would go towards the gunfire if I was in a mall (like that would happen) when a shooting occurred. I ALWAYS assure them that unless a loved one or VERY close friend is in the direction of the gunfire, I'm heading to an exit.

I don't carry to be a hero or to protect others. Those people should take responsibility for themselves.