• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Venator and I will be at Starbucks in Okemos at 5:30 or 6 P.

Can you post a thread on MGO as well?

Which one? http://www.whitepages.com/business/MI/Lansing/Starbucks

I know that Meijers have a starbucks inside. The problem with that is Meijers could ask us to leave regardless of what Starbucks says.

I suggest this one in East Lansing. It is a stand alone Starbucks.

141 E Grand River Ave
East Lansing, MI

Last edited:

Yance

griffin

I assume everyone is really talking about the Okemos Starbucks on Okemos Road, just north of Jolly. Pretty much across the street from [strike]Beaners[/strike] Bigby Coffee. It's in a newish strip mall, and technically the address is:

3552 Meridian Crossings Drive
Okemos, MI 48864

They have their own parking lot, and parking is very easy there, unlike a lot of East Lansing.

Map

Last edited:

Venator

I assume everyone is really talking about the Okemos Starbucks on Okemos Road, just north of Jolly. Pretty much across the street from [strike]Beaners[/strike] Bigby Coffee. It's in a newish strip mall, and technically the address is:

3552 Meridian Crossings Drive
Okemos, MI 48864

They have their own parking lot, and parking is very easy there, unlike a lot of East Lansing.

Map

I'd prefer the one in East Lansing. See above post.

Yance

Just so everyone can get an idea of where others will be, if you plan on being at a Starbucks post the address so that others can join you as well....and find it lol

HKcarrier

Venator and I will be at Starbucks in Okemos at 5:30 or 6 P.

Boooo..... who wants to go at that time? Ever heard of a valentines dinner? :p

I'd prefer the one in East Lansing. See above post.

The one Gryphon is referring to is a stand alone location.... more importantly, there is a PANCHERO'S next door. :) I will be eating a burrito.

xmanhockey7

Looks like I'll be getting coffee at Ferris's Starbucks. Sure I can't carry but I still want to support Starbucks on a day when some anti-gunners won't be.

Venator

Boooo..... who wants to go at that time? Ever heard of a valentines dinner? :p

The one Gryphon is referring to is a stand alone location.... more importantly, there is a PANCHERO'S next door. :) I will be eating a burrito.

The one on Grandriver near MSU campus I mentioned above is also a stand alone. I can be there at noon or most anytime. YOU PICK the time and place and we may come.

Also a ton of places to eat on Grandriver.

Last edited:

Venator

One pro-gun group is suggesting using $2 bills (Jefferson on them), that way they will see all the $2 bills and know it's from pro gun people. Interesting.

Ken56

Burton

For those near Court st. and Center rd. in the Flint area. I will try to make an appearance in the morning around 8 am. Its right near Advanced Ranges so I may also stop in there and expend some ammo. I still have to break in my new Buckmark. Anyone else care to join in your welcome to join me.

Yance

Insanebuddy and myself will be at the Starbucks at:

5370 W. Main St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49009

The one in front of the Target store, if anyone in the area would like to join.

griffin

The $2 idea is brilliant!

attachment.php

griffin

From: http://ingunowners.com/forums/gener...-starbucks_needs_our_help-14.html#post2550729

Letter to Starbucks:
It has come to my attention that a small group of anti-civil rights activists are calling for a boycott of your company on Valentine's Day.
Starbucks has communicated a policy that local stores are to use local laws pertaining to the civil, and more importantly, our God given right to self protection. Starbucks should be lauded for respecting that right and I want to first express my gratitude for your establishing this common sense policy.

Second, I will be visiting my local store that day to show my support for your policy.

Third, I am contacting my friends, neighbors and relatives to do so as well.

Finally, the Indiana Gun Owners forum is rallying support as well. This forum has over 19,000 members and we hope to get every last one of us into one of your stores at least once on that day.

If you care to see what is being discussed there, go to:http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera..._our_help.html

Thanks for your time.

Reply from Starbucks:
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,
Kelsey F
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)