• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Police interaction

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
An FOI (open records) request would show the information.  Please submit one and let us know what you find, I'll take the Sheriff at his word.

I thought one was made and it was discovered nothing official was written down which was also one of the issues.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

I go back to my original observation.

This trooper had an agenda. He is anti civilian carry. Maybe no law brokebut he is on a mission.

His voice tone (authoritarian) not a normal voice level firm commanding attention and also intimidating

His body language (authoritarian) Arms crossed = dominance / control / power

All the above Speaks volumes. Plus the fact that the County Sherriff appeared mysteriously on Protia's door at 1030 at night. I have no clue whyreason WI wants to keep this going.

He is the minority and may be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I for one will continue to read this thread and laugh at his unreasonable comments. Just my .02 worth.

I will not feed his appetite and continue to play into his “devil’s advocate” approach.

Now I am going to wash my abnormal appearing to be a police vehicle Tahoe because as we all know a clean police car is purrdy :quirky I can only hope the police do not run me in for it looking like a non typical vehicle within the carbon copy of what a vehicle should look like. :shock:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
I go back to my original observation.

This trooper had an agenda. He is anti civilian carry. Maybe no law brokebut he is on a mission.

His voice tone (authoritarian) not a normal voice level firm commanding attention and also intimidating

His body language (authoritarian) Arms crossed = dominance / control / power

All the above Speaks volumes. Plus the fact that the County Sherriff appeared mysteriously on Protia's door at 1030 at night. I have no clue whyreason WI wants to keep this going.

He is the minority and may be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I for one will continue to read this thread and laugh at his unreasonable comments. Just my .02 worth.

I will not feed his appetite and continue to play into his “devil’s advocate” approach.

Now I am going to wash my abnormal appearing to be a police vehicle Tahoe because as we all know a clean police car is purrdy :quirky I can only hope the police do not run me in for it looking like a non typical vehicle within the carbon copy of what a vehicle should look like. :shock:
I washed my police conversion van a few days ago...:lol:

Packer fan

imported post

Has anyone ever seen a HAM Radio operator's car?

I am a HAM Radio operator and his car looks normal to me.

A camera in the Grill?:uhoh: OH MY, What next, a camera on the back bumper too? What shall we ever do?:what:

Run, run as fast as you can. ;)

The question isn'tif the LEO broke any laws; the question is rather did the victim break any laws.

It is a clear case of abuse of power IMHO.

protias

imported post

Yes, I do have a thermal camera (L3 300D) mounted in the grill? Why? Have you ever seen a car vs deer accident? How about the deer going THROUGH the windshield? If I ever hit a deer, I know my car would be totalled and I may be dead. I take many preventative measures to stay out of accidents.

protias

imported post

I also wanted to say, I have received my Open Records Request. I just moved, so I haven't had time to really look through it yet.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't have any HAM equipment in my vehicle but I do have quite a bit of electronic equipment some which is certainly not "normal". A year or so ago I bought a used police camera/video system for mounting in my vehicle. It has two cameras and feeds into a trunk mounted, hard cased video recorder. I haven't installed it yet but do have it setup and ready to go. I do currently have a CB radio, radar detector, two GPS units, power inverter, weather station radio and a dash mounted video camera in my vehicle. Why? A few years ago I was in a situation where it was "He said" "She said" and unless you have it on video/audio you cannot prove a thing. My vehicle doesn't go into "Drive" until my camera system is recording. The CB is only used on long trips as is most of the other stuff. Hey, it is ALL LEGAL and to each his own. That thermal camera is a great idea too. I may add one of those to my vehicle.:celebrate