• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Status of SB93 & AB69 as of 5/31

Outdoorsman1

pulled this off of Vicki's site:

It is what it is--HERE are details of tentative compromise on CCW:

Details:

1. permit required

2. training required

3. open carry protected

4. transport rules changed to allow carrying in cars--you will not be required to unholster/unload/lock your guns while in your car if you have a permit. same goes for OC.
5. no public database maintained. no public access to database

6. uses florida model of training/licensing--which simplifies the training process

7. 5 year renewal period.

8. military, hunters safety participants, law enforcement, former law enforcement, and anyone who has already received licensed instruction will be exempt from training requirement

9. no felony for carrying w/o permit

10. no fingerprinting for permit

11. training classes will be one day, and not require live-fire range (meaning sim-training will suffice)-- cost expected to be around $50 for training

12. 1000 ft school zone will be lifted for permit holders ONLY

13. no changes to long gun rules

14. anyone who can buy a gun can obtain a permit

15. changes in the law to protect OCers from "take down" mentality of some police dept (madison, milwaukee, et al)

Hmmmm, have we been fitted with collar, and chained, have we been given a pat on the back, are we........dragged down by the stone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jebt8V0BySM

So does this mean that even the the current vehicle transport carry statute is repealed (eliminated), WE WILL NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY LOADED IN A VEHICLE...????

If yes, WE WILL NOT be getting anything close to a Constitional Carry Bill....

Sorry for the shouting but the "Dance" is what I was most looking forward to being GONE.. Now to not have to "Dance" I will HAVE TO GET A PERMIT...????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and looking for "The Finger" smiley guy...

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add: I know, I know, its not over until Paul sings and there is still a chance for new amendments, etc., and I SUPPOSE a PERMIT BILL is a starting point for future modifications, but I for one WILL NOT BE SINGING if this version passes...

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

So does this mean that even the the current vehicle transport carry statute is repealed (eliminated), WE WILL NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY LOADED IN A VEHICLE...????

If yes, WE WILL NOT be getting anything close to a Consyitional Carry Bill....

Sorry for the shouting but the "Dance" is what I was most looking forward to being GONE.. Now to not have to "Dance" I will HAVE TO GET A PERMIT...????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and looking for "The Finger" smiley guy...

Outdoorsman1

According to Darren, the dance is gone. We will need to see the wording. Hopefully this afternoon.

apierce918

you think the NRA sold us out? How about the legislators that actually vote on the bill. Any one of them who weren't willing to go on SB93 as a co-sponsor are more to blame than the NRA.

All my research didnt show us having the votes, too many senators unwilling to commit, or just say, "I will take your thoughts into consideration when the bill is presented to the full senate."

To me, that is a no.

NRA pushed for it, and when it became more obvious that the votes were not there, It became one of the best shall issue bills in the country.

No pro-carry people "lost" anything in this bill, only gained. Is it perfect? No. Is it an improvement? Yes, if you don't think so, keep open carrying and doing the dance even though you wont have to after this passes.

BROKENSPROKET

you think the NRA sold us out? How about the legislators that actually vote on the bill. Any one of them who weren't willing to go on SB93 as a co-sponsor are more to blame than the NRA.

All my research didnt show us having the votes, too many senators unwilling to commit, or just say, "I will take your thoughts into consideration when the bill is presented to the full senate."

To me, that is a no.

NRA pushed for it, and when it became more obvious that the votes were not there, It became one of the best shall issue bills in the country.

No pro-carry people "lost" anything in this bill, only gained. Is it perfect? No. Is it an improvement? Yes, if you don't think so, keep open carrying and doing the dance even though you wont have to after this passes.
I agree, it's alot better than what we have, but it's not what we deserve. It seems that we will have to follow the path of Arizona, Alaska, and Wyoming. I just hope we are not the 49th state once again in the future when we do get Constitutional Carry. We will get up the pressure. It will be ours.

BROKENSPROKET

AB69 just got pulled off the Agenda for Executive Session of the Assemly Committee on Judiciary and Ethics just a few minutes ago. It will not be brought again until later this month. The committe chair said that the author had some points to work out on it before it comes before Executive Session. Maybe that's a good thing if they are making it better.

protias

AB69 just got pulled off the Agenda for Executive Session of the Assemly Committee on Judiciary and Ethics just a few minutes ago. It will not be brought again until later this month. The committe chair said that the author had some points to work out on it before it comes before Executive Session. Maybe that's a good thing if they are making it better.
Perhaps they should just copy and paste FL's Stand Your Ground Law instead?