• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sterling Costco Shooting ruled justified

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just to hit the other end of the spectrum WW, and only a couple here know this story, I was also in a simular situation once except it was a short little fellow with coke bottle glasses...and no, I didn't shoot him but I do still have the Buck knife he stabbed me with....point is, you never know.

WalkingWolf

Just to hit the other end of the spectrum WW, and only a couple here know this story, I was also in a simular situation once except it was a short little fellow with coke bottle glasses...and no, I didn't shoot him but I do still have the Buck knife he stabbed me with....point is, you never know.

I have been stabbed a few times. First time in high school, or course I was not armed. I rushed, pinned the boy to a locker and took, and kept his knife. Twice more in a crowded situation, both times it was impossible to shoot, unless I didn't mind chancing harming others. All minor stab wounds, and simply rushing the person with the knife and pinning them was enough to end the situation. The rest of the times there was backup, and time. I have used a gurney, back board, and the fireman's pike to control, many other times just talking was enough. The primary tool is not a gun, or a knife, but a brain.

They had plenty of time, personnel, and tools in the case at the topic of this thread. There was no need for a mentally ill lady to die. They shot her for two reasons, they could get away with it, and it was easy.

Didn't work well for APD officers, they are charged with murder, because a state trooper stepped up to the plate. He revealed his dash cam of a APD officer bragging/joking about doing the exact same thing as in this case. There is a serious disconnect between the way it was to the way it is now, many officers have no empathy. No longer are these officers sought out for termination, it appears that narcissism is a coveted trait for the hiring of some departments. The only thing standing in the way is us, and other good officers like the NM state trooper. I pray for his safety as some officers will turn on him.

Last edited: