• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stopped at waterside norfolk

just a guy with a Glock

imported post

Another case of an officer just not knowing the law. ThatI really don't mind if they leave me alone, but when they try to Fudge and pretend they have a violation on you that is over the top.None of the cops I know personally do this kind of thing and are pissed when they see it happen.

AbNo

imported post

S&W1911 wrote:
I'd first just like to say hi to everyone. I'm new to the OC board.

Well, the story, I believe was a few months ago.

My buddy, his girlfriend, and I were going to Hooters in Waterside to get some lunch.

My buddy was driving my truck because I didn't feel like it. Its' a lifted F-250 diesel, and in the parking garage we had a little problem with the how tall my truck was.

I was CCing till I sat on the window seal to watch and see if we were going to make it. There was a line of cars behind us as we drove in because we were going so slow.

We finailly found a spot, and he backed in. I put my gun in the glove box because I was going have a beer with my lunch.

Well, no sooner than I shut the door, 2 cops jump out of the car and run over to me saying, "I NEED TO SEE YOUR CC PERMIT!" in a "GET ON THE GROUND!" kind of voice.

I guess this was the highlight of the day... "omg a gun lets get him".

Well, anyways, I said "I don't need a permit, I don't even have it on me." He said "It's concealed in your truck now, ain't it?"

"Well yeah."

So I showed him my permit and his atitude completely changed, like "Damn it, I dont get to bust him now."

Well, he said he saw it when I was sitting on the window, so did everybody else, and it wouldn't be a good idea to park there.

I guess he was right so, we just parked up front.

The cops were being real a$$holes until they saw I had a permit.

Anyway, that's my only story so far.

Eh, sorry. I needed the editing practice. I've been missing a lot of silly mistakes in my ENG111 class. (College Composition)

That, and some people may not be able to translate from AOL. ;)

Be glad you got off lucky, there's a few people that are going to be having a *lot* of fun with the city of Norfolk in the next few months, because of much more overzealous reactions than this.

Glad it ended the way it did, wish it hadn't have started.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If the story went down EXACTLY as written here (even with the corrections AbNo made and the ones he missed), I have one more question....

Why would the police officer say "It's concealed in your truck...."

Too much missing here. Could be the start of good fiction, though.

sjhipple

imported post

S&W1911 wrote:
Im really kinda mad now:X. The more i think about it the more i wish i would have argued with him.:cuss:

Thank you for the info and il be sure to make my complaint.

That's what next time is for :)

Be sure to file a complaint.

AbNo

imported post

Tess wrote:
If the story went down EXACTLY as written here (even with the corrections AbNo made and the ones he missed), I have one more question....

Too much missing here.  Could be the start of good fiction, though.

I seem to recall that happening elsewhere recently, after someone was in a car accident.

It ended up being ruled that, because he was not in the vehicle, and it was "not available for immediate use", or something similar, that it was not concealed.

I'm sure someone around here knows what I am talking about.

sjhipple

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Tess wrote:

Too much missing here. Could be the start of good fiction, though.

I seem to recall that happening elsewhere recently, after someone was in a car accident.

It ended up being ruled that, because he was not in the vehicle, and it was "not available for immediate use", or something similar, that it was not concealed.

I'm sure someone around here knows what I am talking about.

Someone else was kind enough to post the link, but I don't remember where it is.

What the ruling said was that if you put conceal the gun in your vehicle and IMMEDIATELY exit, it's not concealed "on or about your person" for an appreciable amount of time to be charged with concealed carry. You must leave the car as SOON as yo put it in the glove compartment and you must take it out as SOON as you re-enter the car.

AbNo

imported post

S&W1911 wrote:
Well its the truth and he clams he was me put it under my seat but he didnt cuz i put it in the glove box.

"Well, it's the truth. He claims he saw me put it under my seat, but he didn't, because I put it in the glove box."

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I'm contemplating a post accusing the left's zero tolerance policies and thoughtlessness of failures of the dialectic and even of dialectical materialism.
Huh?

Do you mean "zero tolerance policies and thoughtlessness AS failures of the dialectic and even of dialectical materialism"?

I doubt today's left could debate philosophy or Marxist theories about history. They probably think Marx was some old TV comic.

I fully expect HankT to weigh in on this.:quirky