• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped right off of cass st, East Side Green Bay

M

McX

yeah, i missed you guys too, but i had entertainment; a forum rumble, plus work, and house work so it wasnt so bad. you guys better have pics to post. for now, i shall be taking a journey to the center of the mind. perhapse some others on here should too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo

kiss the doggy face!

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Gonna Join You On Your Journey.....

yeah, i missed you guys too, but i had entertainment; a forum rumble, plus work, and house work so it wasnt so bad. you guys better have pics to post. for now, i shall be taking a journey to the center of the mind. perhapse some others on here should too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo

kiss the doggy face!

Going there now! LOL!

WisconsinPI

No, it really is a personal attack when you make a statement like "unwilling to protect yourself, your daughter, your community". Those are insulting words.
It was a consentual stop and he chose to identify himself consentually. He also told the officers that he knew his rights and was free to leave. I have no problems with this. Not every encounter needs to be a adversarial one.

Amen

WisconsinPI

If you were not a PI, I would hope you have handled it differently. But being a PI, I understand you desire for them to become familiar with you incase you have contact with them during any course of business. I am assuming PI stands for Private Investigator.

Yes, Special Investigator actually

WisconsinPI

You say "be a jerk". I say standing up for freedom and the Constitutional rights my forefathers died for. My family fought to preserve. You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-a-to. You say milk, I say melk. And I NEVER said "every cop". So lets dial down the dramatics please. Or not. I don't care. I'm kind of bored of this thread.

I didn't say that. I think I said fight for, or something, I really don't care anymore and am too lazy to go back and look. And actions speak louder than words.

edit: Okay, I looked for you... Die free. I didn't mean "jump on a grenade while hosing down the streets with led. I meant die, as in- live a long and happy life as a free man , then croak.

If my opinion is out of line then so is yours. I'm rubber, you're glue.

So we could have opted out of Pearl Harbor? 9-11? The Tet Offensive? And I agree with you. Every police encounter does not have to be a battle. Just the illegal ones that infringe on the Constitution and freedom. I never suggested "every" encounter. News flash. I have cops and Military as clients all the time. I spent last Sat with a retired Pittsburgh Police officer and his family. They were warm and friendly and engaging. So please. We are talking about the jack-asses, the untrained, and the unwitting, jack-booted thugs.

Bully for you Sir. Happy Sunday.

Wow, Settle down, people have different opinions, you'd be pretentious to think you're always right, your way of doing it is "THE WAY" that kind of ignorance is what sparks wars, thats Mine, or they're different lets fight them. It's ignorant. We're supposed to be TOGETHER on this, not fighting each other.

WisconsinPI

Ordinarily, I'd offer a few criticisms and maybe some suggestions. I do believe this is a special case since the OP is a PI.

1. You took a risk walking with your daughter on your shoulders around a risky area, on foot, with a HG on your hip. I'm not sure this was wise. Why not go to a park and do it. You wanted to make a point and maybe show an example but your daughter was a participant who had no real vote in taking this risk.
2. You did not (apparently) have your recorder on;
3. You got lucky that the LEOs who you encountered were mostly nice guys. Your daughter would/could have been traumatized in seeing you proned out and cuffed and stuffed. Why go there?
4. You were at a disadvantage in that you were carrying your child, making it more difficult to seek cover and evade, and difficult to handle a MWAG call;
5. You used your daughter as a type of shield, hoping the LEOs would be less aggressive. Perhaps this was inadvertent or unintentional;
6. The officers could have called child protective services and cast what you were doing in a very bad light. You walked around in an unsafe area with your child while carrying a HG. It would be -wrong- of them to assert this was bad, but it would also be hard to defend. I've seen less behavior cause worse consequences in my readings.

I'm glad it went ok, but hope you will be more circumspect in the future and perhaps walk a dog rather than carry a child. (again, not asserting this was intentional risk taking).

$.02

The point is that I shouldn't be stopped, it's not a BAD area, if my daughter would've been subjected to that and they stepped out of line, they would be sued.

M

McX

Perhaps you should review your actions at Culvers in Madison last summer. My opinion.

you can go pound salt up your ass. report that. you slimy little maggot, 5 men risked everything they had for a belief and rights, placed themselves in jeopardy, were humiliated, and falsely accused, and you sit and pass judgement on them? you werent there, you know nothing, you are a menace to this forum, a usurper of all that is decent and right. my warning stands; stay the **** away from me you pile of garbage!

HandyHamlet

We're supposed to be TOGETHER on this, not fighting each other.

I am settled down. In fact I am hyper kosher cool.

So you can throw out all the jargon and excuses you want. It won't change a thing.

Until you choose to stand up for the Constitution, our rights, and stand fast against those who would take it all away, we will never be "together". Because you are the problem Sir.

Not my non-Green Bay FIBWAB hardline opinion. Because this is the cold hard truth of the matter.

But by all means, continue with the excuses. This comes to mind...

... 5 men risked everything they had for a belief and rights, placed themselves in jeopardy, were humiliated, and falsely accused, and you sit and pass judgement on them? you werent there, you know nothing, you are a menace to this forum, a usurper of all that is decent and right.

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

you can go pound salt up your ass. report that. you slimy little maggot, 5 men risked everything they had for a belief and rights, placed themselves in jeopardy, were humiliated, and falsely accused, and you sit and pass judgement on them? you werent there, you know nothing, you are a menace to this forum, a usurper of all that is decent and right. my warning stands; stay the **** away from me you pile of garbage!

can I "un" report a post? You know, to cancel out one "report".

M

McX

can I "un" report a post? You know, to cancel out one "report".

it may not be necessary. if i was reported, no-prob. i can take a whippin when i deserve it. i'm sure the mod's are watching this forum, and they know better, and know what is going on.

IcrewUH60

Wow, Settle down, people have different opinions, you'd be pretentious to think you're always right, your way of doing it is "THE WAY" that kind of ignorance is what sparks wars, thats Mine, or they're different lets fight them. It's ignorant. We're supposed to be TOGETHER on this, not fighting each other.

[video=youtube_share;yihF-hks4E0]http://youtu.be/yihF-hks4E0[/video]

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
WisconsinPI,
My Post #14 in the thread below from about a year ago is how I feel about this situtation. I hope that others understand that it's indeed your choice when to show or not show your ID. I just like to bring up the point in the thread below that if you do choose to exercise your rights it helps us all out.

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/showthread.php?77223-OCing-in-New-London-First-LE-encounter&

I especially like my dog training comparison. :D

BTW, it took me FOREVER to find that thread! The forum search engine stinks so I went with google.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
This Is The ONE Post I Back 100%!!!

Exactly right McX! I got your six on this one!

M

McX

WisconsinPI,
My Post #14 in the thread below from about a year ago is how I feel about this situtation. I hope that others understand that it's indeed your choice when to show or not show your ID. I just like to bring up the point in the thread below that if you do choose to exercise your rights it helps us all out.

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/showthread.php?77223-OCing-in-New-London-First-LE-encounter&

BTW, it took me FOREVER to find that thread! The forum search engine stinks so I went with google.

Brass, were with you on this. some did the fateful night, some thought it might go better and gave up the card. it didnt . one thing for damn sure is if we walk with iron, sooner or later we'll all get asked for our 'other' license and registration. that's the way it is now. how it was back then....damn you, make me think of that day. oh well i should, i got a paper to write.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

The fact that this even has to be explained to grown men is pretty pathetic.

It's no different than training a dog. If you let him keep jumping on you [asking for ID], eating your furniture [not asking if you're free to go], or pooping on your floor [consenting to searches] he's going to keep doing it. Not only that, but he'll poop on other peoples floors jump on them and eat their furniture too.

Exercising your rights, though seemingly troublesome for you at that moment, not only makes it better for you but better for everyone else too.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

"This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818)." - wiki

Looks my non-green Bay resident FIBWAB hardline opinion is shared by another.

Last edited:

WisconsinPI

The fact that this even has to be explained to grown men is pretty pathetic.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

"This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818)." - wiki

Looks my non-green Bay resident FIBWAB hardline opinion is shared by another.

I like that quote, however, I don't want to lead my life battling everyone on every instance, could we file a report and battle that way sure, if they were going to cuff me up and make a mistake they could get sued for, would i comply, sure, thats how you win, not by arguing, making it worse, or I dont know what you're willing to do, maybe shoot it out? It's your show.