• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped today by Poulsbo PD (Kitsap County)

eBratt

imported post

I actually just got off the phone with the training Sgt. He says he has gone around to all the officers and talked with them about OC and they all seem to be aware of the correct laws on the matter. He indicated that he is not inclined to issue a training bulletin at this time as that would indicate that the officers were not trained properly or that there was a gap in their training before.

He was very defensive and stated repeatedly that he was not going to justify how he trains his officers to me (I never asked him to). He referred me to the chief twice and indicated he was busy and in the middle of something. I explained that I was simply hoping to hear what they understood the laws to be from him so that I could anticipate and would know what to expect should I have another encounter with a PPD officer. He refused to tell me what they discussed as that could put him in a position of liability as what he said could be used against him should something happen.

All in all, it was a very frustrating phone call that simply resulted in him telling me that I would have to "take [his] word on it" that the officers know the laws regarding OC.

At this point, I leaning towards just letting it go and seeing if I am stopped again. Lonnie, if you have any suggestions on where to go from here to get a bulletin issued, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Bear 45/70

imported post

eBratt wrote:
I actually just got off the phone with the training Sgt. He says he has gone around to all the officers and talked with them about OC and they all seem to be aware of the correct laws on the matter. He indicated that he is not inclined to issue a training bulletin at this time as that would indicate that the officers were not trained properly or that there was a gap in their training before.

He was very defensive and stated repeatedly that he was not going to justify how he trains his officers to me (I never asked him to). He referred me to the chief twice and indicated he was busy and in the middle of something. I explained that I was simply hoping to hear what they understood the laws to be from him so that I could anticipate and would know what to expect should I have another encounter with a PPD officer. He refused to tell me what they discussed as that could put him in a position of liability as what he said could be used against him should something happen.

All in all, it was a very frustrating phone call that simply resulted in him telling me that I would have to "take [his] word on it" that the officers know the laws regarding OC.

At this point, I leaning towards just letting it go and seeing if I am stopped again. Lonnie, if you have any suggestions on where to go from here to get a bulletin issued, they'd be greatly appreciated.

He referred you to the Chief. Go ask the Chief and tell him how his training officer acted with one of the people the Sgt.works for.