• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Student brings handgun to Onalaska High School

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Thats exactly what it is Paul...Their FB group cant deal with questions that involve reason...only emotion laden feel-good warm-fuzzy statements. I was also banned from posting there..because i DARED to ask questions. To which no answers were ever received.

We are getting off topic here BUT I too was kicked off the anti's FB page. Some people defend of all of societies rights, even those who have drastically differing opinions, and some people only defend those they agree with.

Jon Bonavia

Banned
Are the rights of the FB page owners/operators any different than the rights of the owners/operators here? A great fraction of the discussion here is about censorship pro and con. All rights extend from property rights.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Are the rights of the FB page owners/operators any different than the rights of the owners/operators here? A great fraction of the discussion here is about censorship pro and con. All rights extend from property rights.

I didn't see anyone saying they didn't have a right to ban these guys from their facebook page. I think many believe it was bad form, certainly; especially since we allow anti-gun rights activists their fair shake on this site. They usually don't stick around long when they find out that many on here truly are for the full BoR and then some.

With your last sentence in mind and a few of your other posts, I'm having a hard time believing you are who you say you are. You can't truly believe that and be anti-rights at the same time. Libertarian ideals and an anti-rights stance are mutually exclusive.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are a shade as well, like a few other recent member additions.

wrightme

The difference is this. At the FB page under discussion, dissenting opinions are squashed, and the dissenter is deleted.
Here, dissenting opinions are the norm. Dissenters aren't deleted. Posts that fall outside the ruleset are deleted or edited, and posters who continually disrupt the forum with attacks may get banned. That is NOT the same as deleting any opinions contrary to the main topic.

This is first and foremost a discussion forum. Given your known viewpoint, if this site operated as the FB page in question, you would not still be posting here, would you.

Last edited:

Beretta-m9

I really doubt this is going to be viewed as a "gun rights" case where the student or his parents will be challenging the GFSZ law. It would be political suicide for someone to take up that case on his behalf. What is the problem with these kids? I have to wonder why he would do such a thing after the other recent incident. Then the article goes on to state that the kid didn't think it would be a big deal.

Are you trying to say you believe this kid reads the news and knew about the other case ? I find that highly unlikely. Kids "for the most part" don't pay attention to the news. I agree who in their right mind would try to challenge gun rights or the gfsz on this case.

Beretta-m9

I agree with the first sentence. With the anti-gun indocrination that has risen in the last two decades, no student can play dumb and say they did not know or thought is was no big deal. Kids get suspended for making a gun gesture with thier hand.

What is debattable is what he should be charged with. Minor possesion of a firearm, possesion of a firearm in a public building, and maybe disorderly conduct.

There are people in this world who are just plain ignorant and really may not know what you claim they do. Just because "you" think it's common knowledge does not make it so. There are people not just kids who really do not know laws at all. It never stops amazing me at the ignorance of people, our lack of natural selection has allowed the dumbest of the dumb to survive with the help others, just take a good look around and try to argue it.

Crassus

Banned
Are you trying to say you believe this kid reads the news and knew about the other case ? I find that highly unlikely. Kids "for the most part" don't pay attention to the news. I agree who in their right mind would try to challenge gun rights or the gfsz on this case.

No but kids do watch TV and the news bulletins were all over the news throughout the state.
Copy Cat crimes happen all the time.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The difference is this. At the FB page under discussion, dissenting opinions are squashed, and the dissenter is deleted.
Here, dissenting opinions are the norm. Dissenters aren't deleted. Posts that fall outside the ruleset are deleted or edited, and posters who continually disrupt the forum with attacks may get banned. That is NOT the same as deleting any opinions contrary to the main topic.

This is first and foremost a discussion forum. Given your known viewpoint, if this site operated as the FB page in question, you would not still be posting here, would you.

Precisely correct! The rights are the same, the difference is how the owners apply those rights. WAVE absolutely refuses and rejects the slightest hint of anything that doesn't fall exactly in line with their way of thinking. (I am using the word "thinking" in a very broad sense of the term, and somewhat humorously.)

LR Yote 312

No but kids do watch TV and the news bulletins were all over the news throughout the state.

Yeah,but its just a little too convenient the hottest shows on t.v. indoctrinate people to accept loss of their Rights.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Archangel

"Any kid knows not to take a gun to school." But they do. Any responsible civilian knows not to take a gun to school, but they do.

Who is it that wants to rescind the state and federal GFSZ?

Lots of people would. Fact is GFSZ laws have not stopped one school shooting yet.

Not one.

Ever.

But GFSZ won't allow anybody to take a gun to school to pick up or drop off their children either. This means not being armed for the whole trip to and from school.

Very stupid law.

I would also add that in Georgia we CAN carry to school. Even (GASP) elementary school when picking up or dropping off a student even if that means (O M G) ENTERING the BUILDING.

As a sidebar, you know how many school shootings have been committed here by somebody carrying legally?

Come on guess....

No ideas?

Wait for it....

NONE!

ZERO!

ZILCH!

Perhaps Jon Bonavia is suggesting that the citizens of Wisconsin are somehow less trustworthy or responsible than folks in Georgia?

Last edited:

wrightme

Those news bulletins aren't on Nick, Cartoon Network, and MTV. Sure they watch TV, but the don't watch the channels that give them local news.

Beretta-m9

my kid don't watch tv, he is to busy playing video games and had no clue about what happend, not everyone pays any attention to the world YOU pay attention to, I am sure plenty of things non related to guns was in the news and I would be willing to bet alot of the people here did not notice those other articles.

Last edited: