• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

STUDY finds: More Support for Gun Rights, Gay Marriage than in 2008, 2004

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Oh, I'm an equal opportunity bickerer. Normally, I probably would have stopped with my reply to Venator, but then someone just had to push it a step farther. Wouldn't have been so bad but, he had to get insulting at the same time.

I'll tell you what, I'll stop now, as this forum is supposed to be about OC, not other civil rights.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
OT- I fully support the right for the LGBT community to OC or CC.

My Judeo-Christian upbringing has me on the fence about the sacrament of marriage, but I agree, they should have the legal right.

Super Trucker

Income tax, health insurance, inheritance rights in case there's no will. And probably a dozen other things I haven't thought about.

Oh, and how about just plain old common courtesy. Or is that asking too much?

If they are too lazy to get a will what makes you think they would get a marriage license? You can get a will done on a computer for about 50.00 bucks, is that too much to pay?
I haven't looked into income tax but I am sure if somebody wanted it bad enough they could get the same bottom line on a tax return, again I haven't looked into it.

Common courtesy works both ways my friend, the voters of this state and many other have voted and said they do not agree with homos getting married, yet we see the homo community still in our face about it don't we? How is that courteous?
Some people say gun people are in everybodies face trying to get laws changed, well lets look at that a moment. 100 years ago guns were legal, homos being married was not, so it would seem that gun owners are fighting to get back what they already had.

ETA: Homo couples can get health insurance without being married now. Many companies offer this.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
If they are too lazy to get a will what makes you think they would get a marriage license? You can get a will done on a computer for about 50.00 bucks, is that too much to pay?
I haven't looked into income tax but I am sure if somebody wanted it bad enough they could get the same bottom line on a tax return, again I haven't looked into it.

Common courtesy works both ways my friend, the voters of this state and many other have voted and said they do not agree with Gays getting married, yet we see the LGBT community still in our face about it don't we? How is that courteous?
You say gun people are in everybodies face trying to get laws changed, well lets look at that a moment. 100 years ago guns were legal, Gays being married was not, so it would seem that gun owners are fighting to get back what they already had.

ETA: Gay couples can get health insurance without being married now. Many companies offer this.
I'm not going to debate this here. This has already been taken way too far off topic for this forum. Venator brought up the study because of the GUN aspect of it. But I will reply to 3 points and call it quits after that.

1. I never said anything about gun people getting in peoples' face. I own guns, I have a CPL, I OC and CC. And I have been accused to getting in people's face about my right to self defense.

2. In Michigan, if you're part of a gay couple, and one of you works for the State government, you can't get coverage for your mate. That is thanks to the generous voters of Michigan, who decided even civil unions was a step too far. And actually, until the government got involved in the marriage license business, I don't know of any laws that barred same sex partners from getting married. The only thing that stopped them then was finding either a church official, or civil official willing to do the ceremony. Of course, hundreds of years of persecution by the breeders would tend to discourage Gays from even wanting to get married.

3. If the nice people voted to take away your right to carry a gun, wouldn't you still be getting in their face about YOUR civil rights? I know I would.

Super Trucker

I edited the above post to remove the word "you". I apologize for that, it wasn't meant the way I worded it.
The rest I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

PistolPackingMomma

Common courtesy works both ways my friend, the voters of this state and many other have voted and said they do not agree with homos getting married, yet we see the homo community still in our face about it don't we? How is that courteous?
Some people say gun people are in everybodies face trying to get laws changed, well lets look at that a moment. 100 years ago guns were legal, homos being married was not, so it would seem that gun owners are fighting to get back what they already had.

ETA: Homo couples can get health insurance without being married now. Many companies offer this.

So it can look like a duck, quack like a duck, but you object to calling it a duck?

I was raised to be against gay marriage, but since I came to realize what liberty is, I realized that true freedom means people will do things I do not like. That's part of free will. I have no right to tell my neighbor what he can or can't do, and I don't want him to be able to control me either.

I don't support gay marriage, but I don't support anti-gay legislation either. I do support removing all government benefits for everyone and letting people live as they like, provided they don't harm me or use force against me.

Seriously, I believe that if people were tired at the end of the day mentally and physically from the sheer labor of providing for their own needs, they would be too exhausted to care about what others are doing in their bedrooms.

Sorry for continuing to the off topic-ness, especially when Al is trying so hard to re-direct it back to OT. :lol: We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
So it can look like a duck, quack like a duck, but you object to calling it a duck?

I was raised to be against gay marriage, but since I came to realize what liberty is, I realized that true freedom means people will do things I do not like. That's part of free will. I have no right to tell my neighbor what he can or can't do, and I don't want him to be able to control me either.

I don't support gay marriage, but I don't support anti-gay legislation either. I do support removing all government benefits for everyone and letting people live as they like, provided they don't harm me or use force against me.

Seriously, I believe that if people were tired at the end of the day mentally and physically from the sheer labor of providing for their own needs, they would be too exhausted to care about what others are doing in their bedrooms.

Sorry for continuing to the off topic-ness, especially when Al is trying so hard to re-direct it back to OT. :lol: We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Thank you. :)

Unfortunately for Venator, he choose something that contained 2 hot topics. One is on topic for this forum, the other isn't. Both are volatile, and both can be a great source of debate. I would prefer that we keep the debate on this forum to it's main topic, guns and OC.

On this forum, I like to think we are all on the same side. Let's keep it that way. OK?

Thank you all.

Bronson

Thank you. :)

Unfortunately for Venator, he choose something that contained 2 hot topics. One is on topic for this forum, the other isn't. Both are volatile, and both can be a great source of debate. I would prefer that we keep the debate on this forum to it's main topic, guns and OC.

On this forum, I like to think we are all on the same side. Let's keep it that way. OK?

Thank you all.

B.G.A., always classy :cool:

Bronson

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
LOL, couldn't help myself. I got tired of the other one slinging around "homo" in what I perceived as an obviously insulting manner. I actually had to google "derogatory terms for straight people" to find that one. :D

Holy smoke! We never had kids.....apparently we're gay and didn't know it!:monkey

Super Trucker

LOL, couldn't help myself. I got tired of the other one slinging around "homo" in what I perceived as an obviously insulting manner. I actually had to google "derogatory terms for straight people" to find that one. :D

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, I didn't get the PC memo that homo which incase you had not noticed was short for homosexual was insulting this week.
I thought we both wore big boy pants. Since it appears I was wrong in thinking that, I will not bore you with what the majority of the general public do not have the nerve to say.

WilDChilD

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, I didn't get the PC memo that homo which incase you had not noticed was short for homosexual was insulting this week.
I thought we both wore big boy pants. Since it appears I was wrong in thinking that, I will not bore you with what the majority of the general public do not have the nerve to say.

While I have the same feeling as you on the topic. I don't say the stuff you do, not because I don't have the nerve, but because I have respect for people. I don't feel the need to try and insult somebody I don't really know. People will be gay, people will smoke crack, people will do all sorts of **** I don't agree with. If I tried tro change them all I would do nothing else all day. He will think the way he wants, at least we can agree on guns on a gun forum in a study on gun support thread, right?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Obviously, the idea of "common courtesy" is beyond your comprehension. You didn't hurt my feelings, you got me pissed off. I had gotten over it. I don't normally hold a grudge, unless someone keeps pushing it. And if you don't know that "homo" is considered an insult, well, I'm gonna stop before I go too far. Let's just say you've got me really pissed off now, and leave it at that.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Obviously, the idea of "common courtesy" is beyond your comprehension. You didn't hurt my feelings, you got me pissed off. I had gotten over it. I don't normally hold a grudge, unless someone keeps pushing it. And if you don't know that "homo" is considered an insult, well, I'm gonna stop before I go too far. Let's just say you've got me really pissed off now, and leave it at that.

I just wanted to say I also didn't know homo offended homosexuals. I thought it was just short. Anyway I couldn't care less about the subject. I suspect the main goal is to distract from the power grabbing. It pisses me off to hear about it all-the-time when our country is in such bad shape.
I don't hate homosexual activist anymore than any other distracting group and couldn't care less if it becomes legal.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I just wanted to say I also didn't know homo offended homosexuals. I thought it was just short. Anyway I couldn't care less about the subject. I suspect the main goal is to distract from the power grabbing. It pisses me off to hear about it all-the-time when our country is in such bad shape.
I don't hate homosexual activist anymore than any other distracting group and couldn't care less if it becomes legal.
Everything had been forgotten, by me at least until post 54. Sure, there were a couple of humorous posts by others before that. But, it was fairly obvious that they were humorous.

In any event, as I asked earlier, I would much prefer we dropped this line of conversation, and concentrated on what we ALL came to OCDO for, in the first place. The activity of openly carrying firearms. I know that's why I'm here. If I really wanted to chat about Gay issues, I'd be in a very different forum.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator Has The Final Word

Thanks to Big Gay Al for working so hard to get the thread back to Venator's original point.

I just wanted to state that the official position of OpenCarry.org is that we support the rights of ALL gun owners! And we support the rights of ALL citizens to live free without undue interference in their lives by government.

If you are gay or straight, black or white, male or female, citizen, immigrant, or refugee seeking to make a better life for yourself and your family, we support you and want to make you an educated, law-abiding gun owner. :)

The end.

John

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Thanks to Big Gay Al for working so hard to get the thread back to Venator's original point.

I just wanted to state that the official position of OpenCarry.org is that we support the rights of ALL gun owners! And we support the rights of ALL citizens to live free without undue interference in their lives by government.

If you are gay or straight, black or white, male or female, citizen, immigrant, or refugee seeking to make a better life for yourself and your family, we support you and want to make you an educated, law-abiding gun owner. :)

The end.

John
Ok, but you didn't have to put the "H-word" on the censored list. :) Makes it difficult, specially when it also affects links, to like oh, dictionary.com where I was trying to link the H-word so someone could see a dictionary description that calls it derogatory. :)

Sheesh, We have the N-Word, around liberals we have the G-Word (gun, mustn't upset the left wingers), and now the H word. One of these days, when a student starts to recite the alphabet, the Teacher is gonna keep them after for using all those letter words and insulting everyone. :D