• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suitability study update - towns needed

RCZJ

Because you get additional information.

Kix, if all I am wanting is the app then I go to the website and print it. I can then take it with me to the pistol course so if I have any questions about it, I ask the instructor. Then I can take everything down to my local authority. If I really wanted to be an out-right ass to the local authority, I would take a drive to Middletown and get my finger prints done there (pick up a couple of DPS-46-C's as well). I could then call the local authority to check on the current prices for me to buy my 2nd Amendment right in the People's Republic of Konektikut. Once I know that, I get the money orders, app, & finger print cards together and send the complete package to my local authority via certified mail.

KIX

I tell people to do just that all the time. It's even on my site as well. But like I said, not all towns charge the maximum for fees and such.

I still don't know who has gone to DPS and done the prints and mailed them. I would like to document EXACTLY how that goes.

Other than that, absolutely free to do the mail in thing. I tell many people to do that for many towns that have INSANE rules (like Hartford, Norwich, etc.).

So, nothing new here.

Jonathan

gluegun

I've got Ellington's form. They don't require anything extra, and forms are located in the lobby of the Resident Trooper's office. Haven't gotten around to the rest of the process, but so far no surprises. I'll send you a copy of the documents when I have access to a scanner.

RCZJ

When they ask where the 3 references are when your friend of a friend turns in their app, the friend kindly states, 'The State of Connecticut does not require that by law. Therefore I am not required by law to provide that to you. And if you deny or delay my pistol permit solely based on that, I will file an appeal and then still receive my pistol permit via the State Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.'

Last edited:

Rich B

When they ask where the 3 references are when your friend of a friend turns in their app, the friend kindly states, 'The State of Connecticut does not require that by law. Therefore I am not required by law to provide that to you. And if you deny or delay my pistol permit solely based on that, I will file an appeal and then still receive my pistol permit via the State Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.'

Why would you be confrontational and add stress on yourself? Just mail a completed application in via certified mail and avoid the whole mess.

smokeyburnout

Or you could just say what i said. " i would rather only submit what is required by the state" if they press the issue it might be a good idea to print a copy of the BFPE declaratory ruling.

KIX

A friend of a friend just informed me that Waterbury is requesting 3 references with the paperwork

Key word is "requesting". File without it or do as Rich said, mail it certified.

Mail it with the checks, CERTIFIED RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. That is your start date for the process.

Jonathan

KIX

Noted.

For a couple of bucks, I'd spring to have the card mailed back to me with an actual signature.

Jonathan

Leverdude

Jonathan,

I gave you Norwalks packet a year or so ago. My sister is getting her permit & I say down with her to fill the stuff out & its different now. They still want the passport picture but tat ID form is gone. Do you need/want a new set to update your info?

KIX

Sure.

Norwalk was a big hit with legislators and others I showed.

Jonathan

Joeygee23

East Hartford

Obtained permits with my soon to be ex wife in May of 2011. I must say we were treated quite well. No additional requirements. Turnaround time was 10 weeks exactly. I called after nine...was told person authorizing was on a vacation. Sure enough I received call everything was "all set" with apology for delay due to vacation. All things considered...I found the process to be a breeze compared to what I expected. We were treated cordially and professionally by female officer that took our prints.

Brimac

Cheshire

Pleasant, ink FP, require NRA basic pistol course, B. certif, Passport photo, driv. lic., tax bill showing residency, applied mid January, less than 7 weeks. Application brief, get notarized. No issues, reasonable fees.

Brimac