• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supposed new anti-gunshow billboard coming in VA

cafemonkey

imported post

Bravo gents! Best show in a long time!

clapping.gif

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cavymeister wrote:
be sure to get

wegot10gunsinva

wegottengunsinva

Let's go back to this:
:banghead:mpg9999 wrote:
TFred wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
I also tried to see what .net and .org would do and nothing comes up. So it looks like only the .com is VCDL friendy. This should tick them off rather well. PRICELESS
You know it was the NRA that did that, certainly not some individual :^) I hope you hid your registration info Ed! I just checked whois and see that you did. But Skidmark did not, so you might want to do that Skid. It costs a little more per year, I think I pay $9/yr. Ed may know of a better deal which you may be interested in since you registered half the possible domains :^).
I am NOT a fan of the hosting companies that nickel and dime you to death...... the one I use provides private registration for free!

TFred

If you can register them for free, you might want to pick up and and . Those seem like reasonable replacements for the ones we already have :).

So step up to the plate and do it.

Why do some folks sit around and wait for someone else to act on their good ideas? :cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

Have they been exposed to the Democrat virus?:uhoh: Are they coming down with Obamaitis?:shock:

Yes, I'm tired, sore and cranky today. But that does not change anything above.

stay safe.

skidmark
You have an idea to cover a base? Act on it!

If you honestly cannot afford the $20 to snag two domain names PM me and we'll work out a repayment plan - would $0.50/week be too much? Don't want to use PayPal? I'll drive down and collect in person.

Yeah, I probably have PMS and a few other things, as well as being a bit fed up with folks wanting someone/anyone else to do the work that needs to be done. So what?

stay safe.

skidmark

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I wish I had the computer and web-saavy to be able to do the stuff y'all seem to be able to do with such ease. I'm not I of great finincail means, but I'd donate to a worthy cause when I'm able. I'm not even able to go to the range as much as I should, and THAT could be dangerous if not downright fatal. :X

I TRY to keep my trap shut about things I know little or nothing about. Perhaps more of us should try that... ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike,

If I can do it, anyone can. I know enough about computers to play solitaire and buy stuff with a credit card. Buying a domain name is a bit more difficult than ordering a cheese log, but can be done. As I mentioned (I think I mentioned it) the phone support folks at go Dubya Dubya Dubya dot GoDaddy dot com pretty much walked me through the process, made some hints on how to do the privacy thing, and toted up my bill all in less than 10 minutes.

Figure about $10/year per domain name - some will be less.

Anyone financially strapped but wanting to step up and grab some possible names, PM me with repayment plans. I'll go as low as $0.50 per week and if you do not want to use PayPal we'll figure out some other way for me to get the funds back, even if I hjave to drive out to your place.

I figure at this point it's no longer about blocking the fools' plans but taking personal responsibility instead of waiting for 1) someone else to step up and do it, and 2) sucking on one thumb while waiting for someone to yell "Switch!".

stay safe.

skidmark

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Definitely something to think about, Brother Skid. I'd mail you a check, no problem. No need to expend the petrol unless you're also coming down to go shootin. I'd have to make arrangements to go to the farm in that case.

Sounds like a plan coming together...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just write down the domain names you want. Go to the domain seller site of your choice - I think GD is the cheapest but could be wrong. I know they have great customer support.

Find the GD toll-free customer support number & call it. Tell the nice person who answers that you want to buy X number of domain names but are such a noob you cannot figure out how to do it. Ask them to help you complete the sale. Tell them the domain names as indicated in the posts above. Ask them to set your info to private so nobody can look up your address or phone number. Give them the credit card info and say thank you.

I'm guessing you do not need the loan of $20.

As I said, less than $20, less than 20 minutes, and you are an internet hero. If you remind me about it the next time we get together, I'll buy the beverages.

As the commercial says - JUST FREAKING DO IT!

stay safe.

skidmark