• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

wrightme

imported post

Airforce1 wrote:
Wow, didn't know this thread would still be going. Guess from now on I have to have at least 2 sources for information before I post.
No, one source would have sufficed. Do you have one?

Tomahawk

imported post

Armed wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
What incident? No record of it except a blurb in WND, not exactly a reliable source.

I'm not saying that I would take anything from WND as gospel, however - I've seen them break a number of news stories over the years.

A number of years ago I first read about the ENCHELEON project on WND. I thought they were a wacked-out piece then, only to discover later on, that indeed, the ECHELEON project was real.

I would not discount them just because you cannot immediately verify the story in the mainstream new media. Just think about that.

Yeah, I'm thinking about that, all right. I saw a flying saucer in my back yard last night, by the way. I have no evidence, just take my word for it. You can't verify it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Now think about this: we deal with facts and citable sources on this site, not rumors and "that's probably true" internet BS stories. WND is run by, and read by, people who would like very much for stories like this to be true, because making it look like the Obama administration is siccing law enforcement on us fits their world view and advances their agenda.

That makes any sort of story like this twice as likely to be, if not total BS, then maybe wishful thinking by an editor who jumped the gun.

Now, of course, some would read what I just wrote and accuse me of being a liberal or something, if so you need to step back and think clearly about what I'm saying, which is to maintain a healthy skepticism.

vbnative73

imported post

Is every Sailor in the United States Navy a dangerous "extremist"? I guess the DHS would say so, because that flag has been on the bow of EVERY ship in the U.S. Navy since 2001.

Sounds like someone at DHS is suffering from a severe case of rectal-cranial inversion!
:cuss:

imported post

WND is running an account of a "where's the birth certificate?" billboard.
Guess where this one-of-a-kind billboard is located?
Yep, Ball, Louisiana.
Where did this fictional traffic stop concerning the "extremist" bumper sticker take place?
Yep, Ball, Louisiana.

Now, take this totally unfounded bumper sticker "story" and couple it with the true existence of this billboard. What are the mathematical odds BOTH of them are in the very tiny town of Ball, Louisiana?

I never realized how Ball, Louisiana was such a hotbed of political events.
Who'd of thunk it?

suntzu

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
I'll quote somebody from another site with this story:

If WND says the sun rose today, I’d seek independent verification.

I agree.
I'm exactly the opposite--I am the type who thinks that:

if the government says the sun was shining then I would walk outside to look before I believed them".....

KBCraig

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
WND is running an account of a "where's the birth certificate?" billboard.
Guess where this one-of-a-kind billboard is located?
Yep, Ball, Louisiana.
Where did this fictional traffic stop concerning the "extremist" bumper sticker take place?
Yep, Ball, Louisiana.

Now, take this totally unfounded bumper sticker "story" and couple it with the true existence of this billboard. What are the mathematical odds BOTH of them are in the very tiny town of Ball, Louisiana?

I never realized how Ball, Louisiana was such a hotbed of political events.
Who'd of thunk it?

Ball is also where a local policeman was on the lookout for a murderer who had escaped from the U.S. Penitentiary in Pollock. When he encountered a man matching that description, with no identification, wearing only gray sweats, who claimed to have been out jogging along the railroad tracks, and gave conflicting stories about which motel he was staying at while doing roofing work... why, Officer Deadeye told him to have a nice day and be careful.

Yes, it was him. The Canadian Mounties caught him months later. :banghead: