• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma Dome

Trigger Dr

Starting April 26 & 27th, WesKnodell gun shows will be held at the TACOMA DOME instead of their normal location in Chahalis and I am OC as I type.

Tacitus42

Starting April 26 & 27th, WesKnodell gun shows will be held at the TACOMA DOME instead of their normal location in Chahalis and I am OC as I type.

Here are a few of their rules. First gun show at T-dome i can remember. Can the city agree/require this in lease?

To prevent accidental discharge NO loaded firearms are allowed in the gun show,
including persons with a concealed handgun permit, except armed security provided by show management or Law Enforcement Officers.

All firearms must have the actions tied to render them inoperable.

Loose cartridges are not allowed near firearms. Any dummy rounds must have
the primers removed and holes drilled through the side.

All removable magazines must be removed

Bill Starks

State Researcher
So Bill what was the final conclusion? Does the Tacoma dome allow carry by CPL holders? I have been going round and round with the Spokane Public Facilities District and their answer is the same as the answer you received in PDF #2. I totally agree wit PDF #3 David Kelly's letter and that has been my exact argument. Do we need to get together and sue to make them follow state law?

After all my correspondence with them, I never found an event at the Dome (that I wanted to attend) to test the policy.

Jeff Hayes

After all my correspondence with them, I never found an event at the Dome (that I wanted to attend) to test the policy.

This is rapidly becoming a state wide problem that needs addressed either they can ignore @90 and 300 or they can not I wonder what SAF would have to say I have talked to several attorneys and no one seems interested in pursuing this even with a large retainer. It s not that they won't but none of them are comfortable that they have the expertise to take the case on.

Tacitus42

Friday my sons graduation at T-Dome. Got mt tickets. Gonna try and OC.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Friday my sons graduation at T-Dome. Got mt tickets. Gonna try and OC.

Attorney General Opinion AGO 1994 No. 1 (Guns at school functions)

RCW 9.41.280 prohibits possession of firearms in areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public orprivate schools. An area of a facility is used exclusively by a school when the school has sole possession,control, or use of an area of the facility, regardless of the duration of the use.

AGO -
Does "exclusively" mean prolonged exclusive use as when a school rents a buildingfor an extended period solely for school activities, like an off campus classroom, ordoes it include sporadic use of a multi-use facility such as the Kingdome during thefootball playoffs?

BRIEF ANSWER We conclude that the term "used exclusively" refers to uses where the school or schools havesole possession, control, or use of an area of a facility. It is not limited by the duration of the use.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/WAAGOp94_001GunAtSchoolFunction.pdf

Tacitus42

Went to graduation with empty holster. Filming as i went . Female security guard flipped over my filming. Told me it was against the law. I refused to stop. She said there was a RCW against it. I asked for supervisor. He told her that i could film all i want. Once i got through metal detector, she said "he's got a holster " kept walking.

Difdi

Here are a few of their rules. First gun show at T-dome i can remember. Can the city agree/require this in lease?

To prevent accidental discharge NO loaded firearms are allowed in the gun show,
including persons with a concealed handgun permit, except armed security provided by show management or Law Enforcement Officers.

All firearms must have the actions tied to render them inoperable.

Loose cartridges are not allowed near firearms. Any dummy rounds must have
the primers removed and holes drilled through the side.

All removable magazines must be removed

Tied does not specify material of the tie, nor does it preclude slip knots.

Opposite side of the body is not near the firearm.

rapgood

Tied does not specify material of the tie, nor does it preclude slip knots.

Opposite side of the body is not near the firearm.

I never carry "loose" rounds. That's silly and inefficient. Mine are always secured in a magazine.