• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tea party in Battle creek was tonight

mastiff69

imported post

Well it's 11am and no call as of yet... will see if i get a call

Received a call from the Police dept, a Officer Tim Hurtt sorry for lack of rank & spelling? working for the Mayors office has told me that the city attorney has sent out a info pack on open carry to be addressed to all officers in the Battle Creek Police Dept. Stating that OC is legal ect....

And that this packet will be sent to me also..

So i would say that this issue is closed, am disappointed that it took this long to resolve this small issue in the first place.....

smallthunder

imported post

Work is the only thing keeping me from joining you guys at your dinners, picnics, and so on. I will be getting to one of them as soon as I can because I can a lot to talk about and ask. I'm just a face to face type person more over.

mastiff69

imported post

Still no informational packet fromTim Hurtt .. they must have forgotten, lost my house phone no. cell no. house address. It happens to the best :lol:I guess i will go see the mayor, city attorney, etc. monday

mastiff69

imported post

Well went and filed the FOIA since the police will not return my calls.CYA

City attorney office "said" go file a foia "oh" and we represent the police (so not all info will be available to you!) CYA:banghead:

Also went to the Mayors office and the lady there called and left a message with Tim Hurtt voice mail to call her back concerning "me", i thank her for her help, this lady should be in charge...:celebrate

It just amasses me the ignorance and rudeness of some of our officials that are in power, they act like we are there servantsor they only answer to a higher authority:uhoh:

I tried the sugar and honey milk attitude with them from Now on all interactions will be met with a recording and a FOIA period.......:cuss:

Veritas

imported post

My question to the chief, when he endorsed the officer touching you, would have been, "Well since we're all friends... all touchy-feely and stuff... do you endorse citizens putting their arm around uniformed officers when they wish to speak with them?"

If not, then why not? Probably for the same reason citizens don't want officers putting their arms us. Perhaps I'd also ask if the chief would endorse the same behavior if the male officer put his arm around a female citizen, or vice versa.

Sometimes you have to put things in perspectives that folks understand. Only then can they see what's wrong with it.

mastiff69

imported post

Just spoke with the LT. this issue was just given to him, so that he could make the call to me ??

We spoke for a good 15-20 min , he understands open carry & said that a memo/ information is/was sent to the officers. I explained that i wanted to keep this in house, but they force you to either drop it or take it to the next level to get a small issue resolved seems like a waste of money resource and time on there part.I asked to review the info , and i was told that he is not authorized to release that info, and recommended a FOIA to get that info...

I told him that a did a foia yesterday because there is way to much CYA going on, and that it is a shame that the system act's like the citizens are the enemy.

If this doesn't work then i will contact the City Mayors office to get things moving again and if that doesn't work then it is going up to Mike Cox's office for review.....

Why do people want there laundry aired in public ?

Fix the problem now or pay more later to fix the same problem.

Once of prevention now is cheaper than a pound of cure

mastiff69

imported post

Well got a letter today they say FOIA DENIED!!

OK now to the mayor, and do a appeal of the denial, so much for a honest we have nothing to hide Police dept and city attorneys office.

Kind of makes you wonder what else they are trying to keep from the public ?

The childish games that they want to play!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Why was it denied (other than the obvious). I nother words, what was their excuse for denying it?

Attorney/client privilege.

I don't think it will stand up. If you go to this site (California) http://www.californiaopencarry.org./ They seemed to get memos to the LEO's from attoneys and Prosecutors under FOIA. So I suggest you use this as a tool to get your memo.

mastiff69

imported post

Well tonight i am going to the City Commisioners meeting to inform them as to the way that the city legal departments deal with the people of Battle Creek .

It seems that they are all covering up, you can only cover up so much in the kitty litter box before it over flows.

It would have gone so much better if the Chief Heddings had just called or e-mailed me and we could have met over coffee, and then the problem would have been resolved.

Instead now everbody will see what is in the kitty litter....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Well tonight i am going to the City Commisioners meeting to inform them as to the way that the city legal departments deal with the people of Battle Creek .

It seems that they are all covering up, you can only cover up so much in the kitty litter box before it over flows.

It would have gone so much better if the Chief Heddings had just called or e-mailed me and we could have met over coffee, and then the problem would have been resolved.

Instead now everbody will see what is in the kitty litter....
Good luck and stick with facts and don't ramble on, you know what I mean.

mastiff69

imported post

I went to the commision meeting, and after the meeting they had open mike night,and I had my turn on the mike 3 minute time limit.

After the meeting 5 commisioners came up to me and three said that they were Pro gun and are very concerned that this was happening on there watch.

One said that the chief would be contacting me, and if not, in a week to contact him and he will take care of the problem.

3/4 of the commision seemed very concerned, and one also said to come back in 2 weeks and give an update, if the problem is resolved.

One of the commisioners said that he was glad that i haden't sued the city for this violation.

I explained that this is not my agenda it is to educate, period, I did give him a slight smile that if it can't get this resolved that it will happen but that it is up to the city, to make the next positive move....

PS this is televised on the local cable channel in battle creek called acces vision...

I will see if i can find it on the internet ?

mastiff69

imported post

Well off to another city commision meeting as the city attorney has decided not to stand by her word. She called and spoke with me 2x since the last meeting and assured me that the problem of color of law and Open Carry issues have been addressed, and that she would get me a letter out on dec 10,stating that these problems have been cleared up.

Spoke with my ward commisioner and she is like, ( have you heard from the police chief etc...) i told my ward commisioner that the only person contacting me has been the city attorney HUMM???