• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TERMINATION OF SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION MEMBERSHIP

shad0wfax

imported post

AB wrote:
The video speaks for itself - SAF is clueless about the true meaning of the Second Amendment.
Yeah, Alan Gottleib really pissed me off with what he said in the "open carry debate." Now is NOT the time to be making concessions to the Brady nuts.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I placed a comment a few days ago, and just realized today it didn't go. So I'm repeating it.

Attend the Gun Rights Policy Conference and make your voice heard. With an open mind, you might learn things too. I did last year.

I added on my registration form under "what do you want discussed" -- Open Carry. There was an hour on OC last year but I missed it.

Tomahawk

imported post

Tess wrote:
I placed a comment a few days ago, and just realized today it didn't go. So I'm repeating it.

Attend the Gun Rights Policy Conference and make your voice heard. With an open mind, you might learn things too. I did last year.

I added on my registration form under "what do you want discussed" -- Open Carry. There was an hour on OC last year but I missed it.
I would love to, but I don't know if I can make a Sunday drive out to St. Louis, that's quite a haul. We'll see.

langenc

Why not email the SAF with your feelings instead of ditching your memberships right away? Maybe get them to change their stance.

I thought everyone would learn from the Jim Zumbo experience a few years back. If you're not familiar with it, he made some negative remarks about AR-15's being used for hunting that sent everyone up in an uproar. He lost sponsors, lost his show for a while, and was able to see what everyone was mad about. After actually taking them out and using them, and being helped out by The Nuge, he changed his position on the subject.

Sure there are other 'Zumbo cases also" but how much damage do they do??

Years later Zumbo will be quoted as saying "...no hunting use etc"--or 'many gun writers, leaders etc' oppose the use of ARs or twist it around and around.

Aknazer

Holy necro batman! Though reading the OP I fail to see such a problem as to cancel one's membership. It isn't like he was calling for it to be banned.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sure there are other 'Zumbo cases also" but how much damage do they do??

Years later Zumbo will be quoted as saying "...no hunting use etc"--or 'many gun writers, leaders etc' oppose the use of ARs or twist it around and around.

Holy necro batman! Though reading the OP I fail to see such a problem as to cancel one's membership. It isn't like he was calling for it to be banned.

You all do realize that the last post prior to yours was over 1 1/2 years ago.

Alan Gottleib's words were taken out of context and the rest ignored. Alan and SAF are both appreciated and respected.

Aknazer

You all do realize that the last post prior to yours was over 1 1/2 years ago.

Alan Gottleib's words were taken out of context and the rest ignored. Alan and SAF are both appreciated and respected.

You realize what "necro" means right? To necro a thread is to raise a thread from the dead without ant really relevant information/comments such as the person before me did. And even if they were taken out of context I don't see how it would be reason enough to cancel one's membership. It seemed like he was stating he thought a specific action was "foolish" without calling for any infringement on one's right to perform such a foolish action. That is something we regularly see here with people disagreeing with the actions of others.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You realize what "necro" means right? To necro a thread is to raise a thread from the dead without ant really relevant information/comments such as the person before me did. And even if they were taken out of context I don't see how it would be reason enough to cancel one's membership. It seemed like he was stating he thought a specific action was "foolish" without calling for any infringement on one's right to perform such a foolish action. That is something we regularly see here with people disagreeing with the actions of others.

I'm glad you set me straight on that. :lol: