• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Beer Bandits shot

Weak 9mm

imported post

That medicine thing wasn't hypothetical btw, it was 100% real, deepthroat. I never said or thought these were children, but thanks for implying that I did. I also never said I felt any sympathy, but again, thanks forimplyingthat I did.

Thanks for jumping on the bandwagon too.

Flintlock

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
I didn't defend any theives. I kept saying I don't like theives, but that when there's no threat it's simply dangerous to open fire in a "public" area. I KNOW THE BUSINESS IS NOT TRULYPUBLIC, PLEASE DON'T GETON MY CASEABOUT THAT ONE STATEMENT TOO.

Don't worry, I will kill anybody that I see stealing anything from now on.

Easy fella, I am not suggesting you do anything to anybody. :shock:

I was just contributing to the other opinions on the thread about somebody who did shoot in what some wouldconsider questionable circumstances.My opinions on an incident shouldn't be considered advice to you or anyone else on how to handle a similar issue. I am not aware of all of the Texas laws.

My apologies if you are offended by mepicking out one or two sentences of your post to comment.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Easy now fella, I didn't say you did suggest it. But with everyone jumping on the bandwagon, trust me, I've learned my lesson here.

Flintlock

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
I'm an idiot, and I should be killed if I ever enter the state of Texas for any reason.

Ok, this wasn't the attitude I had when I entered into this thread and I am not sure how what I wrote spurred these emotional responses.. Now I am sorry I did participate. You have completely misconstrued my posts and are changing all of your posts on the thread with anemotion diatribe.

Good day to you and be safe.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Emotional diatribe, fancy.

I just realized after you and a number of other folks pointed out how good these actions really were, that I was simply wrong. Now I have corrected my attitude towards these situations, and I'll be prepared next time. It's rather interesting that you think you're so important that you personally caused that. I simply changed my mind. I will also make sure that anyone who makes the mistake of not killing a beer theif is corrected immediately. I really should have been killed for my actions that I had described previously. The actions which Deepthroat seems to think were hypothetical.

Don't worry, I will be incredibly safe.

MetalChris

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Snip
Don't worry, I will kill anybody that I see stealing anything from now on.
Won't you go to jail for a very long time if you do that in NC?

John

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
John wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
It is you who is illogical, you would let criminals run free to do death and mayhem at another crime scene because you are so morally bankrupt as to fear ptotecting your own property. This core issue has been argued multiple times. No shooting for property! I am togood for that! Yet the animals run free to prey on others down the street but it is not your fault in any manner oh no!

When people are brazen enough to walk in and steal as if it is a natural right, they are dangerous and deserve to be shot. Be it stealing beer or my lawn mower, they are predators who have lost their fear of us and should be put down. In your avoidance of your duty as a man to protect yourself and property you are helping to perpetuate criminal behavior.

I posted the story of the beer thieves remembering all of you moralists and brayers from ealier in the year when a beer thief got killed and the same indignation and posturing took place. Between then and now a young mother was gutted by these types of criminals! When they reveal themselves they must be stopped at every oportunity.

You and others like you, bear some responsibilty for this young womans death by perpetuating the idea that we must let the crimminal elements feed amongst us if all they are taking is PROPERTY. Only fight to save yourself or family from harm. You cant see that you are setting up the culture that allows a scum to casually walk in steal beer then walk down a street and casually kill a young mother. Then you have the gall to see yourself as superior to those of us who see these thieves as young predators not quite ready for prime time who need to be taught to leave others and their stuff alone!

I see you and your ilk as moral cowards to afraid to act when confronted by evil.

Get a grip!

This is nothing short of rhetorical nonsense. These boys didn't kill that young lady and not every thief is also going to murder someone. You know, you really sound tough, but EVERYBODY steals something at some point in their lives. BAR NONE.

Should we shoot you? What if your son, daughter, nephew, what-have-you makes a stupid choice and decides to steal something -- "It won't be a big deal" -- or what if they get pressured into it or if they are mistaken for belonging to the group that was stealing the beer? What if they ARE in that group, didn't know what was going on, and just ran away when their friends did having no idea what was going on?

Do you want this for someone you know? Should we shoot them? People like you scare me. People like you are just another reason why I own and carry firearms. People like you are the kind that carry torches in the middle of the night and hang people in the streets -- no trial, no jury, no innocence until proven guilty. YOU'RE THE REAL THREAT.

You are a coward pure and simple, you cant handle my argument so you call me names. I dont go looking for trouble, but come to my house or business to steal and shot gun pellets or rifle lead is what you will get.

How we got to lynching I dont know, but who knows how the mind of a coward works.

How would you like it if your daughter or grand daughter was gutted by this beer thief, who if the clerk had shot him would have saved her life.

If I make a mistake, and shoot a beer thief who is only trying to get beer, a thief is dead, if you let the wrong one walk an innocent life is lost. You sir are afraid of standing up to evil and allow it to grow in our midst. YOU AREA COWARD.

I am a TEXAN and I am tough to criminals, you are more upset by people defending property than people stealing it, but since you are an admitted thief you are probably just voicing self interest.

NOW if that is enough name calling, how about my argument that allowing lawlessness to run rampant breeds killers. In my opinion this type of activity can not be tolerated. Al these thieves are learning is that victimising people is a great way to live. Walk up and steal beer and food, walk up and steal house hold goods, walk up and steal a car and kill the driver if they have the gumption to resits. They have no fear. Time to teach them is long before the killing takes place.

When you are protecting your property you are protecting your family. The Texas law allows these actions so the legal procedings have already taken place. Stealing is dangerous in Texas.

When a thief is killed by a victim, it is not a trial or court proceeding at all, but a reaction to the crime. If the DA is sharp he will try the crooks for attempted murder since two people got shot durring the commision of the crime.

Yes, cause we all know the rate of beer-thieves who also murder pregnant women is almost 100 percent --- *cue my eye-rolling*

Still...You didn't answer my question.

What if a person is in a group of people, one or more of whom steal something and run, so they run having no idea what is going on? Do you wan that blood on your hands over a case of beer?

You're the coward. And what is more, it sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to shoot someone. I've met your type before. You're the guy who is going to shoot some poor kid that has no idea what is going on. You're the timid soul who is going to panic in a situation and get the wrong person hurt. You're the person who is going to spend time in jail for shooting someone in the back. Thank God you live in Texas. STAY THERE.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Won't you go to jail for a very long time if you do that in NC?

Haven't you learned anything from this thread? I doesn't matter!

I mean, sure they turned out to be 18 and 20. I'm sure he asked for their ID's before he shot them right? I can't tell the difference between some 16 year olds and some 20 year olds. I think these were some stupid kids.

Obviously they haven't grown up. Neither one has full rights within this country yet, so we as a country actually don't quite consider them to be fully responsible adults. I don't disagree that in the eyes of the law they are adults once they're 18 (That would be interesting to claim that the law says something other than what it says), but I know somebody is going to try point out such an obvious fact anyway, as if they're teaching me something I didn't already know. Should he try to stop them? Sure. Should he get their description and license plates? Sure. Should he try to kill them? Not really.

It's interesting to think that a 16 year old kid could have taken a candy bar from that store and would have been executed by the clerk over it. Imagine if some Wal-Mart employee thought I was stealing a candy bar that I'd legitimately purchased. They start yelling at me, but I don't realize they're talking to me because I'm already walking out the door. Then they shoot me through the door. This is a completely reasonable action, don't you think?

Again, I do realize that isn't the case in this situation, but it's entirely possible when you condone this action. Again, I'm sure some idiot is still going to point out that these weren't children and that they didn't "not notice," again thinking they're showing me something I just hadn't considered.

I did repeatedly say that if it's legal, then so be it btw. I also said that this was in no way self defense, and it was not in an attempt to prevent a theft. The theft had occurred, they were leaving, there was no threat to anyone and at that time they were "shot in the back" by a clerk. This is a figure of speech, not literal, as I don't remember if the article even said where they were actually shot. So again, don't point out that they were "actually shot in the x, y or z" thinking you're teaching me something I'd never considered.

It wasn't even the store owner btw, it was the clerk. The clerk could have killed someone walking in the store at the wrong time too. Someone standing on the other side of their getaway car would have been in danger as well. People across the street could have been in danger too, but it was worth it, because that store's beer is the most important thing, and the clerk knows it. You'd seriously kill over a case of beer being stolen from a store in which you're being paid $8/hr to be the clerk? That is amazing to me, I will be sure to stay as far away as possible from you guys. I could be around you when you open fire on a candy theif and be implicated in it or killed/injured in the "firefight." It's life or death with these candy theives, you've got to kill them while they're young!

Anyway, I've learned my lesson, and I'll be sure to kill anyone I even think is stealing something from somewhere, no matter how old they appear to be. Watch out beer theives.

John

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Maybe the guy shouldn't have shot at the two punks, but what he did was in line with Texas law, so there you have it. :celebrate
Yeah, slavery used to be in line with Texas law, too.

John

imported post

The real issue here is that you can have a group of people in a store, whom may or may not be together. You could have one person steal something and they all run, and the clerk shoots them all, some of them having no idea what is going on. What's more is that you could have the clerk pull a firearm and, of course, anyone is going to run now when someone pulls a gun, and now maybe the clerk feels as though they are, in fact, together, all stealing something, and he shoots them all.

THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR ERROR, HERE.

If someone is stealing your car, breaking into your home, or threatening property that is actually critical to your livelihood or is a place in which you dwell, then by all means fire away. I take no issue with that, but to save a case of beer you want to risk the lives of people who may or may not have any idea of what is going on.

At some point, some innocent person is going to be harmed because of this. It has already happened here in Pennsylvania to someone I know. That is why I take serious issue with this.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I know someone who was executed over someone elses playstation. I too take serious issue with killing over such minor things.

The other thing you pointed out is valuable as well. In my example involving Walmart, I sure as hell would have run if all of a sudden an employee opened fire on me. That doesn't mean I'm "trying to get away with the store's goods." It means I'm running for my life!

What if one of those kids stole the beer and the other one was like, "What are you doing?" The clerk starts yelling, pulls a gun, and then both of them get the hell out of there. The idiot still refuses to drop the beer (Or is so scared he forgets he even has it in his hands), while the other kid is just plain running for his life.

Oh, that would have been his fault for being around the other kid wouldn't it? He knew he was going to be shot over the beer didn't he?

How do you know for certain (At the time, NOT now, as anyone can read the damn article, but I'm sure one of you will still try to point out that they're from Texas) that those kids are even from Texas? Most states don't allow an employee of a store to kill a non-violent thief who poses no physical threat. I mean, not everyone realizes the risk they're taking in Texas by stealing a few dollars worth of beer, especially dumb kids. But that's their problem, just like it will be your problem if someone shoots you because you're near someone who steals a candy bar.

MetalChris

imported post

John wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Maybe the guy shouldn't have shot at the two punks, but what he did was in line with Texas law, so there you have it. :celebrate
Yeah, slavery used to be in line with Texas law, too.
Wow, you're full of rational, reasonable arguments.

Huck

imported post

John wrote:
You're the coward. And what is more, it sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to shoot someone. I've met your type before. You're the guy who is going to shoot some poor kid that has no idea what is going on. You're the timid soul who is going to panic in a situation and get the wrong person hurt. You're the person who is going to spend time in jail for shooting someone in the back. Thank God you live in Texas. STAY THERE.
Dos'nt that left lean of yours screw up your posture? BTW, what state do you live in John, I wanna avoid it if possible if you're a example of the residents.

hamourkiller

imported post

I dont expect every one to agree with my opinions, they are after all shaped by my personal life experiences.

But it would be nice to have reasons talked about vs name calling, I mean I can call John and Weak (I'll delete all mt threads) 9MM names quite easily, but that is not germaine to the situation.

We have a group of people who feel they are entitled to walk in and take what ever they want and expect no oposition and when oposition is encountered they beat or kill you for you having the gumption to resist.

I brought up the case that just happened in Houston and contrasted it to the case that took place a few months ago when some walkin typebeer thieves walked out of the store down the road and killed a mother by stabbing her to death. I see a realationship between the two incidents. A chain of growth and learning on part of the thieves, leading to horrible crimes. How to interupt this growth on the part of the criminal elemnt among us?

People like John and Weak (I'll delete all mt threads) 9MM have no arguments with reason or thought, only name calling and insults.

How do we stop the growing numbers of people who think they can walk in and grab what ever the heck they want when they want?

My decision is to protect what is mine, my house is not a thieves Walmart, if you choose different well great for you.

John, yes slavery used to be legal but has since been repealed by force of arms. If you feel our present property defense laws in Texasare eqally bad, please fell free to gather your army of like minded souls and come down here and change them.

Also John, our laws against consentual sodomy where recently changed by the courts. That shows you our laws are reviewed by the larger society and if found wanting, they are changed.So dont worry about breaking that old sodomy law and enjoy yourself when you do show up.

LEO 229

imported post

Yes, we all have our own opinion about matters that show up in the news.

Mine are often way off from the board. Very odd. :D

If it is legal in your state... do it if you choose to shoot. I look at a great many things beyond that.

If it is legal to shoot a man in the back for stealing a loaf of bread from you and you decide that a loaf of bread is far more valuable than the life of the thief or the family he wanted to feed.... Go for it! I hope you sleep good tonight.

It is wrong to steal? Ya! I hate thieves! I personally do not see any justification to shoot and kill a person running away from you with your property. Even more so when it is not very expensive.

In this case.. a case of beer!! How much did that beer cost the store? They get it whole sale for crying out load. The ammo he fired probably cost more. :lol:

Shooting them in the back will not stop other thieves from visiting later on when all is forgotten.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Also, does Texas law allow for a clerk to fire in such circumstances? I was wondering because the clerk doesn't own anything in the store, or the store itself. I know it says in the news article that someone thinks the clerk was "well within his rights." But we all know the news can be quite wrong, so this is why I ask. It also mentions that he was protecting his store, but I'm not sure that he owned the store since he was a clerk. I'm also not sure how he was protecting something that was no longer under attack.

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
nofoa wrote:
If one takes up criminal activity he/she accepts the risks involved.
Not really appropriate to shoot in this case but.... you do have to accept the happens when you steal from another.
Maybe not appropriate to shoot over two 12-packs of beer, but certainly legal in Texas. You are justified in shooting to recover stolen property if (1) you are in immediate pursuit, and (2) you don't think there's any other way than by use of deadly force to recover same without a substantial risk of death or bodily injury.

John

imported post

Huck wrote:
John wrote:
Dos'nt that left lean of yours screw up your posture? BTW, what state do you live in John, I wanna avoid it if possible if you're a example of the residents.
I am your Soviet Flag flying next door neighbor and my words are backed with nuclear weapons. Douche bag.

John

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
I dont expect every one to agree with my opinions, they are after all shaped by my personal life experiences.

But it would be nice to have reasons talked about vs name calling, I mean I can call John and Weak (I'll delete all mt threads) 9MM names quite easily, but that is not germaine to the situation.

We have a group of people who feel they are entitled to walk in and take what ever they want and expect no oposition and when oposition is encountered they beat or kill you for you having the gumption to resist.

I brought up the case that just happened in Houston and contrasted it to the case that took place a few months ago when some walkin typebeer thieves walked out of the store down the road and killed a mother by stabbing her to death. I see a realationship between the two incidents. A chain of growth and learning on part of the thieves, leading to horrible crimes. How to interupt this growth on the part of the criminal elemnt among us?

People like John and Weak (I'll delete all mt threads) 9MM have no arguments with reason or thought, only name calling and insults.

How do we stop the growing numbers of people who think they can walk in and grab what ever the heck they want when they want?

My decision is to protect what is mine, my house is not a thieves Walmart, if you choose different well great for you.

John, yes slavery used to be legal but has since been repealed by force of arms. If you feel our present property defense laws in Texasare eqally bad, please fell free to gather your army of like minded souls and come down here and change them.

Also John, our laws against consentual sodomy where recently changed by the courts. That shows you our laws are reviewed by the larger society and if found wanting, they are changed.So dont worry about breaking that old sodomy law and enjoy yourself when you do show up.

"You might shoot someone running away from a man with a gun, not someone who is stealing."

Yes, quite unreasonable and lacking thought.

There is a difference between being pro-2d and being pro-shoot everything up.

I don't want to crush Texas, I just want Mexico to take you back. Of course, at this rate, they are well on their way to doing so.

EDIT: Oh, and fair warning. If anyone I know gets shot running away from a guy pulling a gun, because that guy mistook him/her for a thief or what have you, that person will be delt with harshly. So, quote the law all that you wish, but you had better make damn sure that your target is legitimate or you'll be next, if it is someone that I know.

That is all.

LEO 229

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
nofoa wrote:
If one takes up criminal activity he/she accepts the risks involved.
Not really appropriate to shoot in this case but.... you do have to accept the happens when you steal from another.
Maybe not appropriate to shoot over two 12-packs of beer, but certainly legal in Texas. You are justified in shooting to recover stolen property if (1) you are in immediate pursuit, and (2) you don't think there's any other way than by use of deadly force to recover same without a substantial risk of death or bodily injury.
That law is just rotten!

If someone takes a penny from theashtray of your carand runs off.... you chase after them and can kill them if they are big enough to hurt you. :uhoh:

I wonder how much of a threat these two young adults were at the time.