• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Open Carry Groups Issue Joint Statement on OC of Long Arms

solus

And I continue to be disappointed in anyone who would have the means to stop someone from getting hurt or killed and would do nothing.

life is full of disappointment davet. hopefully you are getting used to it.

ipse

FreeInAZ

I posted this in another thread on this topic. Hope it helps here -

Guys - this is about open carry in TEXAS! So why do these chains feel the need to institute nation wide ban (sort of bans - asking guns be left outside of the businesses)? For those with little knowledge of how state legislatures work... I'll try to cliff note it for you. Option 1 - buy them! Option 2 - make them pay attention another way. OCT took option 2. They now have the Texas legislature considering amending the law to allow the OC of modern pistols instead of just LONG guns & cap and ball revolvers. So for those asking where the "gain" is ...that is a good start.

Until the public is made aware of just how unsafe these places really are, either by a media campaign or informational demonstrations, they (sonic, crap in the box, etc...) will continue to play the "for our customers safety" ploy. Which is the complete opposite of what they are really doing, which is ....nothing in regards to security.

You want a safe environment? Then give law abiding citizens the right to carry period. Or pay for a armed security staff. Simple choice I'd say.

Arizona is a live "test case" for how allowing lawful citizens to carry has dramatically decreased violent crime. That drop is over 35% since constitutional carry started in July of 2010, according to crime statics #'s quoted by CJ in the video that most didn't watch. And for you CC folks in the crowd here's a article with similar #'s from a CC proponent from early 2012.
http://www.ctrguns.com/arizona-crime-rate-dramatically-drops/

SO - the real question should be ...why do these places want to make their businesses even more dangerous? The same applies to schools and other criminal empowerment zones. ;)

solus

I posted this in another thread on this topic. Hope it helps here -

FREE, members here, with a few exceptions, are in the choir section nodding our heads...who you have to get to acknowledge your pitch is the 8 establishments plus get john q public's consensus to the overall message.

OCT, et al., as has been pointed out previously, lack the necessary resources and connections to plug into the news outlets to tell their side of the story.

in light of the significant feedback from all fronts, some grass root members & their leadership still cling to the belief their's is the only path to effect necessary change(s) come H3ll or high water.

i personally, am at a loss to know how to provide resources to assist with getting their story out as i have s sincere lack of faith believing when $$$ is given en mass the funds are actually a ROI towards 'the cause' since there is never any accounting/audit oversight.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

Ah, the two biggest cowards chime in...

you know davet, perhaps when i am in OR next, (early summer i believe w/o looking at my schedule) you and i have lunch or early dinner.

i'll come to you anywhere in the state DaveT & even pop for the bite to eat and we can engage in a viable discussing about your constant propensity to resort to name calling which is similar to a disgruntled youngster whenever, within your perspective of the world, is challenged.

please feel free to bring your partner, as they are also invited.

i am sure everyone would be enlightened and perhaps you can get a grasp on your disruptive behaviour which really negates any type of message you are trying to espouse.

whatcha say ??

ipse

Last edited:

DaveT319

Meeting up for some kind of "life lesson" from the likes of YOU is certainly not necessary. I believe I asked you guys to put me on ignore and stop with the baiting and trolling. You reap what you sew.

WalkingWolf

Meeting up for some kind of "life lesson" from the likes of YOU is certainly not necessary. I believe I asked you guys to put me on ignore and stop with the baiting and trolling. You reap what you sew.

Seems you claimed to have me on ignore, as that is obviously not true, seems you lied.

One difference between a mature person and one immature is knowing the difference between self control, and trying to control others. If you want to be ignored the answer is simple. I doubt you have what it takes to do that.

solus

it was a sincere offer since you yourself stated you had not participated in an open carry gathering and everyone, during a previous thread, recommended you bring your partner...

i will change the discussion topic to any of your choosing.

didn't believe i could've made it a life less for you davet since you have already shown how closed your mind is to new ideas...

why would i put you on ignore as you post such informative, tho cite less posts...baiting you? excuse me?

ipse

Last edited:

DaveT319

Seems you claimed to have me on ignore, as that is obviously not true, seems you lied.

One difference between a mature person and one immature is knowing the difference between self control, and trying to control others. If you want to be ignored the answer is simple. I doubt you have what it takes to do that.
Yes, I DO have you both on ignore. It doesn't mean that your posts are completely inaccessible. And when you both follow a post of mine with posts of your own, I'm inclined to see if you are doing so to bait and troll me, and to hurl more personal attacks of your own at me. And surprise surprise, that was indeed the case. So when YOU behave that way, I am inclined to respond in kind.
it was a sincere offer since you yourself stated you had not participated in an open carry gathering and everyone, during a previous thread, recommended you bring your partner...

i will change the discussion topic to any of your choosing.

didn't believe i could've made it a life less for you davet since you have already shown how closed your mind is to new ideas...

why would i put you on ignore as you post such informative, tho cite less posts...baiting you? excuse me?

ipse

Again, "citeless posts"? I made a simple comment from memory. I responded to your baiting with a cite. For some reason it wasn't up to your "standards", so I posted further cites. I especially liked the part where you suggested that I was making it up since I used Wikipedia as my initial cite.

And I'm supposed to provide a cite for EVERYTHING I post? Really? Who decided that? You? Do YOU provide a cite for every opinion you put forth?

I'm certainly not closed minded. Not sure where you get that idea. Just because I don't immediately accept and agree with the things others say doesn't make me closed minded. Would you like to provide a cite to explain your position?

Here, let me CITE a couple examples of what I mean by you two baiting me:
life is full of disappointment davet. hopefully you are getting used to it.

I was going to offer him a quarter to call somebody who cares

Honestly are you a MDA member? It would make sense for your marital advice request upon your arrival. Being a female from MDA it would make sense that you would be trolling for anti feminist remarks, to spin those remarks to mislead the public.
<snip>
So have you been stirring the pot to go and report back to your mad mom buddies?

bottom line, and for the record, your posting of the OR mall shooting is pure fabrication!

He still has visions of Sonny Crocket dancing around in his head. You can tell by his posts he is itching to use his gun.

Need more?

You stop, and I'll stop. You keep directing comments and personal attacks at ME, and I'll keep responding in kind. I'm happy to ignore you both and pretend you don't exist. Do you have the decency to do the same?

WalkingWolf

Why would any sane person put someone on ignore, then take it off to read the posts anyway, and then put them back on ignore again. :uhoh:

solus

daveT, therein is my contention...daveT quote I made a simple comment from memory unquote

i think your comment above falls under the auspices of expressing an opinion, which, from your favorite reference source, wiki, quote In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable. unquote

if memory serves, your simple comment from memory on the OR mall shooting and cite you provided after prodding, was flat out subjective conjecture as result of emotion not verifiable facts.

sorry if you feel you are being baited but you are the individual responsible for what you are posting and the singular entity to get it right.

ipse

zack991

BREAKING: Open Carry Texas responds to NRA criticism
http://www.guns.com/2014/06/02/breaking-open-carry-texas-responds-to-nra-criticism/

"It is unfortunate that an organization that claims to be dedicated to the preservation of gun rights would attack another organization fighting so hard for those rights in Texas. The fact is that the NRA hasn’t been able to get open carry passed in Texas since the right was first taken away from us when Jim Crow laws were passed in the 1860s, making us one of only 5 states where it is still illegal. The NRA has refused to learn for themselves how Open Carry Texas (OCT) conducts itself other than what the liberal media and Bloomberg funded gun control extremists have falsely portrayed. The real ignorance in their statement is that it was completely unnecessary. OCT – along with Come And Take It Texas, Texas Carry and Gun Rights Across America - has already changed its methods and the whole world is aware of that. The more the NRA continues to divide its members by attacking some aspects of gun rights instead of supporting all gun rights, the more support it will lose. Already, OCT members are posting pictures of themselves cutting up their life membership cards. If they do not retract their disgusting and disrespectful comments, OCT will have no choice but to withdraw its full support of the NRA and establish relationships with other gun rights organizations that fight for ALL gun rights, instead of just paying them lip service the way the NRA appears to be doing. The NRA should have instead released a statement to the effect that it applauds our groups for coming together and finding new methods to promote safe and responsible open carry."

Last edited:

solus

thanks zack...much appreciated.

my personal consideration is and has been the local groups & leadership were overwhelmed by the negative publicity and failed to recognize the initial impacts of continuing with their game plan until it was too late.

however, now the lines in the sand have been drawn and it now gets interesting to see if the local groups still believe they are winning as the espoused in their 21 may release.

ipse

Last edited:

Jack House

I believe we are winning. Have there been some setbacks? Yes, should we recoil and regroup? No, that's exactly what they want and since they're lying to try and get it, we don't have to give it. All we have to do is start making efforts to expose their lies.