• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The America we need to return to..a little off topic

.45ACPaddy

EXACTLY! And it's not just in Seattle. Take a look at what's happening in Cali, AZ, and some other places. I had to get away from it, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it from happening here where I live now. I'm afraid that vile plague is spreading, though, so people are really going to have to get nasty here soon if they don't want to get the treatment I've had to deal with living in the belly of the beast that is downtown Seattle.

People need to start standing up to that trash. And soon.

If Seattle is the belly of the beast, Chicago must be the colon!

OrangeIsTrouble

Show me the bill (bill number?) and I'll let you know if I would support it. If I would support it, you can bet I'd support it with everything I've got. I'm also a strong supporter of "Students For Concealed Carry On Campus" group. These so-called "Gun-Free Zones" are killing our children.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2009&bill=3082

I am not sure if it will have the same bill number if it is reintroduced, but right now, I am in the process of setting up appointments with reps that are willing to talk to me about it.

T

TWG2A

It's just a breeding ground for pro-America Liberals. Seattle is not as bad as many other cities in the U.S. with large populations. I am not well traveled but have traveled some, and Seattle is crappy, but there are worse cities, that's for sure. And in some of those other cities you aren't even allowed to own or carry a sidearm.

Personally, I think you are being over dramatic about how bad Seattle really is. It is definitely no utopia like some progressives want people to believe it is, but far from being anything like the belly of the beast. You should travel to a few obvious places if you are looking for that, D.C., Chicago, N.Y., Compton...there you will find what you are so eager to label as the "belly of the beast."

Better days in America are ahead, just as soon as Americans realize that having different views is American. I have heard many people talk about the "silent majority" and all of that BS, it doesn't exist. If the silent majority does exist, they tend to stand up and vote for liberals. Think about this last election where millions of new voters went to the booth, those millions were Liberals, and some Independents. Independents are far from being a majority.

Like I said, I think it is great you are in Montana. One less Debbie-downer to deal with in a city that already needs some TLC.

HILARIOUS!!! HARDY HAR HAR!

"Sylvia", You should know by now that I do not debate with indoctrinated Sheeple.

T

TWG2A

If Seattle is the belly of the beast, Chicago must be the colon!

HAHAHA! Seattle is the Belly Of The Beast, Chicago is the Colon Of The Beast, and DC IS THE COLOSTOMY BAG OF THE BEAST.

Courtesy flush, please.

T

TWG2A

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2009&bill=3082

I am not sure if it will have the same bill number if it is reintroduced, but right now, I am in the process of setting up appointments with reps that are willing to talk to me about it.

I read it, and here are my questions....

Please explain this sentence and why it is in this bill...

" 28 The applicant shall not be required to produce a birth certificate or other evidence of citizenship."

AND

What is a "Political Subdivision" as referred to in this sentence...

"18 (11) A political subdivision of the state shall not modify the requirements of this section or chapter, nor may a political subdivision ask the applicant to voluntarily submit any information not required by this section."

Jeff Hayes

It's just a breeding ground for pro-America Liberals. Seattle is not as bad as many other cities in the U.S. with large populations. I am not well traveled but have traveled some, and Seattle is crappy, but there are worse cities, that's for sure. And in some of those other cities you aren't even allowed to own or carry a sidearm.

Personally, I think you are being over dramatic about how bad Seattle really is. It is definitely no utopia like some progressives want people to believe it is, but far from being anything like the belly of the beast. You should travel to a few obvious places if you are looking for that, D.C., Chicago, N.Y., Compton...there you will find what you are so eager to label as the "belly of the beast."

Better days in America are ahead, just as soon as Americans realize that having different views is American. I have heard many people talk about the "silent majority" and all of that BS, it doesn't exist. If the silent majority does exist, they tend to stand up and vote for liberals. Think about this last election where millions of new voters went to the booth, those millions were Liberals, and some Independents. Independents are far from being a majority.

Like I said, I think it is great you are in Montana. One less Debbie-downer to deal with in a city that already needs some TLC.

WE the silent majority are voting in November and then we will see how many independants there are. Electing the Liberals was the best thing to ever happen to this country. Puting the Liberals in power woke up a lot of people, now for the easy part we just have to correct an error, its gonna be a piece of cake.

OrangeIsTrouble

I read it, and here are my questions....

Please explain this sentence and why it is in this bill...

" 28 The applicant shall not be required to produce a birth certificate or other evidence of citizenship."

AND

What is a "Political Subdivision" as referred to in this sentence...

"18 (11) A political subdivision of the state shall not modify the requirements of this section or chapter, nor may a political subdivision ask the applicant to voluntarily submit any information not required by this section."

That was the old draft, and the representative that sponsored it changed it up a bit. We are writing up a new draft, as we are looking for sponsors right now.

The old draft that was done was just basically the current law except lowered down to 18, we had made no other changes. However when Brendan Williams did it, he also included OC being down to 18 also.

Beretta92FSLady

WE the silent majority are voting in November and then we will see how many independants there are. Electing the Liberals was the best thing to ever happen to this country. Puting the Liberals in power woke up a lot of people, now for the easy part we just have to correct an error, its gonna be a piece of cake.

I will make you a deal, or any one a deal who is willing to make it, if the Liberals lose the House and Senate in November I will by the person dinner, but if the Liberals do not, well, I really enjoy eating at the Keg...anyone up for it??? As a perk, I will not talk about Liberal BS the whole dinner LOL, we can talk about .firearms.

Beretta92FSLady

If that garbage happens here, this entire country is in bigger trouble than you already think it is. (or don't think it is)

I'm not leaving my country.

You and me definitely agree on one thing, America is in big trouble. I am not leaving my country either. AI am not the type, like some, to cut and run when an area of the country is going through its hard times. You say you would never leave America, you already left a piece of it behind when you abandoned it and moved to Montana.

1245A Defender

well there ya go!

You and me definitely agree on one thing, America is in big trouble. I am not leaving my country either. AI am not the type, like some, to cut and run when an area of the country is going through its hard times. You say you would never leave America, you already left a piece of it behind when you abandoned it and moved to Montana.

06-26-2010 08:06 PM #1
Sylvia Plath

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* Add as Contact

Shelton here we come

We are likely going to be moving to Shelton in the next month. I am curious if anyone lives in Shelton or has been to Shelton? OC fine there? Is the "gravel pit range" down in that area?

The perk of moving out there is that we are moving into a four bedroom house and I will be able to start doing a couple of things I have always wanted that I am unable to do in this crap city Seattle: 1) Garden, 2) reloading=shoot more often than I already do).

I think alot of folks wish they could be living "some place else".
being able to leave a place that is "crappy", or dangerous, too hot/cold,
to be living in a place where folks are more friendly, lawful, patriotic, safer,
sounds like a thing we all want for our selves, and for all americans.

Beretta92FSLady

I am not moving from Seattle because it is the belly of the beast or crime...I am moving because where we live you can not have a garden, and there is no space to reload. She moved because her assertion is that Seattle is the belly of the beast, give me a freaking break. Seattle is crappy, but nothing close to anarchy.

BTW, we are not moving to Shelton. It would be to inconvenient since my wife and I are still going to school. When we are done with school, we are moving back to Utah, WHEW WHEW. The beasts second belly.

gsx1138

I've thought about Montana but I'm not sure what the employment is like at the hospitals there. Plus, I really like living in Washington. If anything I'd like to move further out on to the peninsula.

Seattle blows and like every other Liberal bastion it will rot under it's own weight.

I like that video and I don't think I've seen a gun rack since the 80's.

Beretta92FSLady

If she was getting physically assaulted like she said, I sure don't blame her for moving. That's something I don't think anyone else on here has experienced.

Yea, no one else on here has been attacked or assaulted in the city of Seattle. Nothing says "stay away and leave me alone" like a sidearm IMO. I have zero tolerance for aggression.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yea, no one else on here has been attacked or assaulted in the city of Seattle. Nothing says "stay away and leave me alone" like a sidearm IMO. I have zero tolerance for aggression.

If she was getting physically assaulted like she said, I sure don't blame her for moving. That's something I don't think anyone else on here has experienced.

Metal Head.... If I am not mistaken, Sylvia was assaulted and responded in a way in which none of us ever wants to have to respond....