• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Assualt Weapons Ban, and the People who fought it !

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes, Bush was for the ban. The guy who sank it's renewal was, believe it or not, Idaho Senator Larry Craig. He voted against his own bill to limit liability against manufactures of guns used in crimes (remember the DC sniper?) because the left attached the AWB renewal as an amendment.

ufcfanvt

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Both Bush and Gore said that they would sign the AWB if it made it through Congress.

I figure that makes it a tie as far as the AWB is concerned.
Bush is nearly gone and a non-issue now.
Choosing sides, at this point in time of Obama, Pelosi, Rahm Emanuel, H. Clinton, Holder, et. al., against the NRA helps no one but the Antis. That is what the Donkey is doing.
I have disagreed with the NRA on SEVERAL issues, but splintered wood will wither in and never weather a storm!