• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The CC Only bunch shoot themselves in the foot.

OC for ME

It does seem like all my friends think OC is world ending. What's strange is we live in a OC state (with HCP). They get really mad if i try to explain OC. Oh well. The typical argument is that ill be the first one shot. i digress and think most criminals will move along for easier prey.
Now this is worthy of a +1.

Fallschirjmäger

I had stated in my earlier post that I thought there were certain places that weren't "appropriate" for OC. Nowhere did I say it shouldn't be done or should be outlawed by the state.
The thing with hospitals is that there are people there on drugs, sick and delirious with fever, as well as other sheeple that would possibly have an anxiety attack that could even conceivably result in a heart attack. This presents a "high risk" environment that could have undesirable problems and consequences.

The open carry of the means to defend the life of oneself and others provides the same deterrent value of police officers wearing distinctive uniforms, badges, and arms.

The wolf doesn't attack when he can see the hound, and a hound dressed as a sheep is no deterrence.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
As we predicted: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/403986/3/Conceal-carry-con-artists-popping-up-in-Illinois

"I've heard anywhere from 200 plus in Madison County to 600 in Chicago for these classes"

$600? I could get a new Glock for that price.

It retarded to require classes to begin with ~ the state clearly can limit the # of instructors to limit the # of permits -- IL screwed up big time in passing the law -- should have just let it become constitutional carry, as it should be.

WalkingWolf

It retarded to require classes to begin with ~ the state clearly can limit the # of instructors to limit the # of permits -- IL screwed up big time in passing the law -- should have just let it become constitutional carry, as it should be.

NRA and ILRA used scare tactics claiming home rule would outlaw carry. What people failed to take into account home rule can only enact misdemeanor laws. Home rule would have had little to no teeth. The IL gun owners fell for the line hook and sinker.