• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE FIGHT IS BACK - Congressional Hearings 8/19/2010 in CHICAGO!

eye95

So how does you "shaming" me differ from me calling trooper a bad soldier?

Or is it simply "un-American" to question a service member on... anything?

I said shame on anyone who questions the quality of a soldier or his loyalty to the Constitution. If you feel that description fits you...

Anyway, you are still refusing to see the insult in your post, so I'll just add you to the ignore heap. Buh-bye.

Last edited:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
I said shame on anyone who questions the quality of a soldier or his loyalty to the Constitution. If you feel that description fits you...

Anyway, you are still refusing to see the insult in your post, so I'll just add you to the ignore heap. Buh-bye.

YAY!! Blinders make it all better!!!
banana.gif

SlackwareRobert

So which right do you violate 1, or 2. There are religions that prohibit using the phone, how pray tell are they going to do the background check? Would you have them burn in hell just so a wife with 3 small children who's husband works nights can be safe.

Now the dealers need to keep the paperwork for decades, how is the poor man who has been foreclosed on, has no job, and cell phone cut off, supposed to store the records. He just wants to sell a spare AR to feed his kids and you want to make a criminal out of him.

Now lets look at government interference does. Katrina... government takes your guns, crooks are running rampant, phones don't work. How pray tell are you to get another gun to defend your family?

If you don't like the looks of the bald, tattooed, bomb vest wearing little old lady, then don't sell her a gun. There is no right yet that forces you to sell a gun to someone.

Didn't they just show that the Memphis police were selling guns confiscated from criminals, that were then being taken from criminals. Lets start with the crooks in government who are selling to crooks, then when we clean up that mess, we can then discuss expansion to others. It is bad enough the last president gave crates of automatics to terrorist, and the current one is letting even worse ones have nukes. But you will feel safer because someone in india answering the phone says it is ok to sell someone a gun. That's a mighty deep hole you have your head buried in. They couldn't even handle OK'ing the sale of a junked car over the phone, and most of those were only a danger if you cut yourself on the rust.

Fort hood shooter, had the check.
Va Tech shooter, had the check.
Discovery Channel shooter, don't know yet, but since he loved AL Gore would get it approved anyways.
Yep, phone in checks work GREAT!

trooper46

Soooo... Have you already forgotten the oath you took to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that [you] will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"?

...bad soldier.
nono.gif

Wow,

You have every moral right to disagree with me on an issue. But you really think your in the right to question my patriotism because I believe in background checks and don't want criminals to have weapons?

If I didn't believe in the constitution, I wouldn't have signed a 10 year contract to protect it. (I signed the four year active, plus 6 years additional service obligation to guarantee branch and maybe grad school after the first deployment). I volunteered for the Airborne Infantry and earned my wings. I stand very a good chance of being deployed within in the next few months which I will gladly go on .If I didn't believe in the freedoms of the constitution, I would have taken my degree and gotten a job that pays allot better than this one. I am devoted to taking care of my soldiers and accomplishing any mission for this country.

Our interpretations of how the constitution is applied exactly may differ (although considering I OC daily to support the 2nd amendment, I doubt it differs much). I agree with eye95 that in the time of founding fathers it was common practice to restrict the rights of criminals and they themselves acknowledged this.

This constitution and this country was founded by debate, compromise, and service. Not by insulting those who defend it.

Oh by the way, I've met plenty of soldiers far more liberal than I that are damn fine soldiers! I may disagree with them, but they are not "bad soldiers" because we all believe in one thing, serving the United States of America even if it means to the death.

Last edited:

rodbender

I agree with eye95 that in the time of founding fathers it was common practice to restrict the rights of criminals and they themselves acknowledged this..

I would like to know if you (or eye95, I'm on his ignore list) can cite to this. I will buy the book or subscribe to any service no matter the cost. I have done extremely extensive research on the framing of the Constitution and not once read anything that the founders or framers said a single word about restricting anyone's rights for any reason whatsoever.

The book is almost done. After 2 1/2 years.

Last edited: