• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Of 2011

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I certainly agree that it's a good start.

It could definitely clear up some of the problems that could arise when legally carrying from state to state.

As a repeat - it also puts the camel's nose totally under the tent flap.

Best answer - National Constitutional Carry. That is the way it is supposed to be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The House of Representatives is expected to take up concealed carry reciprocity legislation tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 15). H.R. 822, sponsored by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-FL), will allow many people who possess a concealed carry permit in one state to carry in other states as well.

While well-intentioned, there are several concerns with this legislation. In an effort to address these issues, Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) introduced separate legislation (H.R. 2900), which has the support of GOA.

Please read on to learn more about specific problems with H.R. 822 (the bill coming to the floor tomorrow) and the differences between it and H.R. 2900.
http://gunowners.org/a111411.htm

H.R. 822 undermines the efforts of numerous states in promoting Constitutional Carry.

Which would you rather have? Reciprocity and the federal government involved or Constitutional Carry?

hrdware

Late Tuesday, the House by a 271-153 vote passed HR 822, the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011.

This is not correct. They passed HR 463 which dispenses with the rules and amendments on 822. It ensures the bill has discussion and s straight up/down vote with no killing amendments.

Maine CWP Training

House approves rule for concealed weapons bill

The House on Tuesday approved the rule for legislation that would require states to recognize each other's concealed weapons permits.

Members approved the bill in a 271-153 vote in which 35 Democrats voted with every Republican.

The House moved immediately to special order speeches, and will take up debate on the concealed weapons bill, H.R. 822, and various amendments, later in the week.

The information received by me and provided earlier was erroneous as distributed.

carry for myself

im severely torn between pro and anti on this one due to monetary issues.

i live in southern Maine......i travel to VT all the time. causing me to have to worry the second i cross the NH line about un holstering, unloading , weapon in plain view ect..... until i hit the VT line then i can just carry peacefully again. Mass is a whole separate issue. I recently had my Beretta 92 CONFISCATED in Boston , not because it was concealed, not because it was loaded, not because it was assembled. but because it had a 15 round mag in my range bag........now had i been a permit holder.....they would have only seen the 10 rounder i had stowed in my lockbox or permitted in the gun and i would have been fine.

now the way to solve these issues i have is apply for Non-resident permits to every state in the country. that way i can just travel about as i please. but the issue there is money. back in the day doing this was cheap. today, not so much. isnt NH non resident like $130? or some-odd insane price?

I dont like the Feds getting involved in state issues.

but i do like the prospect of not having to PAY every state i want to travel through for the constitutional right to defend myself.

as of now i just travel less due to the stupid laws.

so im torn.......fight for state rights? or fight for my rights?

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

im severely torn between pro and anti on this one due to monetary issues.

i live in southern Maine......i travel to VT all the time. causing me to have to worry the second i cross the NH line about un holstering, unloading , weapon in plain view ect..... until i hit the VT line then i can just carry peacefully again. Mass is a whole separate issue. I recently had my Beretta 92 CONFISCATED in Boston , not because it was concealed, not because it was loaded, not because it was assembled. but because it had a 15 round mag in my range bag........now had i been a permit holder.....they would have only seen the 10 rounder i had stowed in my lockbox or permitted in the gun and i would have been fine.

now the way to solve these issues i have is apply for Non-resident permits to every state in the country. that way i can just travel about as i please. but the issue there is money. back in the day doing this was cheap. today, not so much. isnt NH non resident like $130? or some-odd insane price?

I dont like the Feds getting involved in state issues.

but i do like the prospect of not having to PAY every state i want to travel through for the constitutional right to defend myself.

as of now i just travel less due to the stupid laws.

so im torn.......fight for state rights? or fight for my rights?

NH is $100 even for non-residents.