• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The New USA? Secession Movement Gains Steam

sudden valley gunner

Seattle itself I don't know.... I would hazard a guess and say "probably"

If King County were it's own state it would easily be able to fund services.

the urban population is the primary market for what the miners mine and the farmers grow. not only that, but if the farmers have a bad season or don't sell all their crops, the government will either buy the surplus outright or find an overseas buyer for them, plus a myriad of government programs by those evil statists in DC and Olympia provide insurance for drought, floods, etc that no private insurer would even touch, let alone sell at the price the govt offers.

the cities are not a bunch of people leaching off the hard work of the poor oppressed farmers. there's lots of money coming from the urbanites to the rural population, either directly in the form of buying their products, or indirectly in highway funding, education subsidies, subsidies for courts and law enforcement. of all the eastern counties the ONLY eastern counties in this state that could fund their own level of services by themselves are Grant, Spokane, and Yakima. maybe the county that the tri-cities are in could do that too........ but I haven't seen recent numbers for them.

they are not getting a "cut off of the trade" they are PART of the trade, cities are where the textiles products are actually made, where food is processed, or where it's centrally stored to be sent out to customers, where products are imported exported, where the hospitals, banks, shopping, refining of fossil fuels, etc etc etc etc. if there was no strong urban population there would be little market for what the farmers make, in countries where either there is no urban population or the urban population is exceedingly poor, most farmers do subsistence farming, and no subsistence farmer on this planet is doing better then Americas commercial farmers.

You missed the point.

Also changed the parameters city to county.

I never said cities were working off of oppressed farmers.

Money doesn't come from urban areas, you lack an understanding of what money is, this also changed the parameters of the discussion.

Your twisted view of the "county" over city folk is wrong.