• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NYC hatchet attack

davidmcbeth

Banned
...maybe the "suspect" (ain't that a joke) was "inspired" by that incident in London where the UK soldier (UNarmed) was attacked on the street and beheaded:

"A man, believed to be a serving soldier, was attacked and beheaded with a machete in broad day light this afternoon in Woolwich, South London by two men in what is suspected to be a terror attack. The soldier was attacked with knives and meat cleavers following a car crash. Two black men in a blue Vauxhall car rammed into the soldier on John Wilson Street SE18, then jumped out of their car and started attacking him with meat cleavers. An eye witness said the attackers were "chopping this guy to pieces, literally hacking at something like it was a piece of meat". 05/22/2013." Posted May 23, 2013 by vlogger
-- http://www.military.com/video/opera...ish-soldier-beheaded-in-london/2402785809001/

[a video of the guy right after doing that -- 'splaining hisself, I guess -- is also on the page posted above. Later, I believe both "suspects" attacked the police who arrived, too.]

...except in this NYC case, one guy attacking a group of ARMED cops sounds like he expected to die...which is also characteristic of Islamic Suicide Bombers (killers). The important thing for them is the "political statement" -- if any in this case. Aside from the "bonus" terror factor. Since he's dead, there may never be an explanation why he did it.

And that soldier in Canada shot while he was on guard (with an EMPTY MAGAZINE as per usual -- just window-dressing for tourists) -- yet no one mentions the obvious: Maybe guards should be FOR REAL! If HE had been, he might have seen it coming and could have defended himself. Not picking on Canada, however, I remember being on guard in the US Army in the late 1960s, ALSO with no ammo in the magazine (or even ON me). Governments didn't trust their soldiers being armed even back THEN, let alone nowadays.

Tell you what: What you need with guys like the one picture below (and his buddy with him) is a gun with LIVE ammo in it, and preferably, a gun that can shoot these psycho/crackhead or political/religious zealot (or whatever) guys MULTIPLE times with a SERIOUS caliber/power-factor bullet. And liberals continue to ask why anyone "needs" a so-called "assault rifle."

Incidents like the above are good reasons. Ferguson, MO, is another (and it may not be over YET in Ferguson, as they wait to see if the cop who shot Brown will be indicted or not).

A semi-auto rifle/carbine is definitely "comfort food" in those kind of situations (or am I out in Left Field -- again).

In respect for the guards to be armed "for real" I would disagree until regular citizens can also be armed accordingly which they are not allowed to be.

This guard would have likely been willing to shoot and kill a citizen who was carrying ... just for carrying. Soldiers are not the people's friend anymore in this country nor I think in Canada.

Why parents allow their children to become members of the military anymore is beyond my comprehension; and I come from a long line of family members of the past and present who have served. I discourage newer family members from serving and tell them exactly why their service may be used to oppress US citizens and inform them that they may be called on to shoot and kill their own family members for an illegitimate gov't interest.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

The Department of Homeland Security cites three ways young people find sites to become radicalized: browsing for entertainment; searching for a community to belong to; looking for information related to heritage, traditions, or ideologies associated with a particular radical group. Knowing this, terrorists are able to tailor their efforts to find the most likely recuits.

Terrorist propaganda on sites is often meant to target these groups. By targeting both susceptible and marginalized members of society, terrorists exploit individuals’ feelings of loneliness, weakness, shame, or need for belonging. These can be shifted to target specific genders, age groups, economic classes, or ethnicities.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/8-ways-terrorists-use-the-internet-for-recruitment

The Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) was an American self-styled left-wing urban militant group active between 1973 and 1975 that considered itself a revolutionary vanguard army. The group committed bank robberies, two murders and other acts of violence.

The SLA became internationally notorious for kidnapping media heiress Patty Hearst, abducting the 19-year-old as she and her 26-year-old boyfriend, Steven Weed, sat relaxing in their Berkeley, California home. Interest increased when Hearst, in audiotaped messages delivered to (and broadcast by) regional news media, denounced her parents and announced she had joined the SLA. She was subsequently observed participating in their illegal activities. Hearst later alleged that she had been held in close confinement, sexually assaulted and brainwashed.

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Symbionese_Liberation_Army.html

As far as I know the SLA was not a Muslim organization, yet they were terrorists who drew there members from the black community, that were disgruntled with government(police included).

Thomas Strentz, a former profiler for the FBI, said those recruiting terrorists go after the same kinds of kids who wind up in cults. Typically, they are idealistic and easily swayed.

"They express sympathy, but they are looking for poor souls to bring to the cause," Strentz said. "They offer them a chance to fight for freedom."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...n-continues-into-denver-teens-stopped-germany

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
OT, but I noticed the "don't vote for [Republican] Cory Gardner" ads on this website (as I see below).

Please be aware that most Coloradans ARE voting for PRO-GUN US Senate candidate Cory Gardner (R) and we will kick-out his opponent (and incumbent) Democrat US Senator Mark Udall come November 4th elections. Further, we also are kicking-out our sorry Democrat Governor Hickenlooper at the same time.

BOTH are anti-gun, and Hickenlooper signed that high-cap (15+) magazine ban -- and caused Magpul to leave The Great State of Colorado. Due to this ban, MidwayUSA was unable to send me my 6 Tapco 20-rd SKS mags which I hoped (my bad, as I forgot) to get along with my 2 Tapco SKS stocks (recently ordered & received), as they couldn't ship said high-cap mags to Colorado.

:-(

So if I may prognosticate: Despite the Democrats running anti-Republican political ads here, come November 5th we Coloradans will no longer have Udall's and Hickenlooper's "services" (and hopefully others of their ilk will lose also). Good riddance! Colorado will then change from Purple to Red. After that, we hope to REPEAL said high-cap law.

Yours Truly has thus spoken (and already voted) -- so surely it will come to pass! ;-)

Thanks...please forgive the political interruption and resume your regular programming...

Last edited: